Confirmed: Rewind glitches CapcoMaster Trophy (Workaround Discovered)

agorazUHD

In the other thread, an exploit was just discovered that allows you to earn CASPO really fast by saving right before a large point gain, rewinding and repeating and loading the save again to keep the points going. This allows you to level up pretty darn fast.

Unfortunately, the ceiling has been hit and for 4 people in the leaderboards over 100,000,000... the CapcoMaster trophy glitched and did not unlock for them. At this point, every trophy should be obtainable now except the obvious 100 hours (since it's too early).

In short, CapcoMaster could be unobtainable unless Capcom delivers a patch...

EDIT: It appears that the REWIND feature might be responsible for the CapcoMaster trophy/badge to glitch early and later not pop.

Edited by agorazUHD
Discovered the Glitch
  • Like 3

The game may have got patched. My current version is at 1.01 and it says 'Fixed Various Issues' when I check the Update History. Not sure if this is new or something from before, but it could have fixed the trophy. Going to check it out...

EDIT: No, it seems something else triggers the problem...

Edited by agorazUHD
  • Like 1

So I've been doing tests on the game right now. I've been deleting the saved game (SYSTEM SETTINGS) and starting fresh each time. My test game has been Ghosts n' Goblins. So far from Lvl.1:

-Whenever I use the REWIND feature in a game, the badge glitches and shows up as complete (Lvl. 20). This happens every time after the 1st game is played and rewind is used.

-This also happens with the exploit. I can load the save up and use the REWIND to collect the CASPO... but then the Lvl. 20 badge glitches...

-A way to bypass this is to just strictly load your save and collect the points, don't REWIND at all, but instead load the save again. A slower way of doing the exploit, but you can gain more CASPO without glitching the badge. I'm now up to Lvl. 5 (just through loading the save) and the badge for Lvl. 5 came up as normal (Lvl. 20 is thankfully still locked!)

Another possible glitch (along with the REWIND feature) is the 9 coins badge. Whenever I put in multiple coins (for continues) it seemed to glitch. Single games played seem to not affect it.

It's like walking on a mine field, which steps glitch the CapcoMaster badge...

Edited by agorazUHD
  • Like 3

UPDATE: So at Lvl. 5, I proceeded to use REWIND and it was working good until I reached Lvl. 6 and the badge glitched early for CapcoMaster...

Went back to Lvl. 5 (cloud save of SYSTEM SETTINGS) and did it just loading the save again and again, no REWIND and I reached Lvl. 6 with no glitch. The Lvl. 20 badge is still locked.

I have not used REWIND or the TEMPO (speed up/down) buttons at all to make it this far, currently at Lvl. 6. The funny thing about this, for no reason at all, the Tempo Conductor badge glitched and unlocked on me at Lvl. 4 and nothing was touched.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, agorazUHD said:

UPDATE: So at Lvl. 5, I proceeded to use REWIND and it was working good until I reached Lvl. 6 and the badge glitched early for CapcoMaster...

Went back to Lvl. 5 (cloud save of SYSTEM SETTINGS) and did it just loading the save again and again, no REWIND and I reached Lvl. 6 with no glitch. The Lvl. 20 badge is still locked.

I have not used REWIND or the TEMPO (speed up/down) buttons at all to make it this far, currently at Lvl. 6. The funny thing about this, for no reason at all, the Tempo Conductor badge glitched and unlocked on me at Lvl. 4 and nothing was touched.

It seems like what you’re saying in your posts is even though it shows the Caspo earned using the rewind method, it’s not counting correctly towards the rank up badges or glitching them out. A safer way is to save game and re-load game right before the end bonus of Ghosts n Goblins. Sound right? I was thinking about trying the original exploit but knowing this, I might do it the safe way.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

It seems like what you’re saying in your posts is even though it shows the Caspo earned using the rewind method, it’s not counting correctly towards the rank up badges or glitching them out. A safer way is to save game and re-load game right before the end bonus of Ghosts n Goblins. Sound right? I was thinking about trying the original exploit but knowing this, I might do it the safe way.

Yeah, that's exactly what I've been doing right now. I just reached Lvl. 7 and although it takes longer just re-loading the save, I'm never touching the REWIND button. Not once, and the badge for Lvl. 20 CapcoMaster is locked as it should be. It could very well be a programming bug because the badge for the REWIND (If I Could Turn Back Time....) is right next to CapcoMaster...

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Kratos_Odyssey said:

How much CASPO for each game loaded approximately?

Does it depend on the final score?

If I do 5 laps (10 times in the game) and I get 2M points .... do I receive more CASPO for each load?

I'm not entirely sure if that would work. The save would negate everything you did prior to the load and only counts CASPO that is earned for points AFTER the save is loaded.

My current save is: Just beaten the final boss and achieved the true ending in Ghosts 'n Goblins. I saved the game right before getting the 50,000 point in-game bonus for ending (she gives the hug - hearts appear and the points then get added). Once the points are added I press 'Options' button and go right to Load Game and repeat.

4,290 CASPO gets added each load on my save. The grind is very real: Currently sitting at 3,398,016 Lvl. 9 on this new save. Still no glitches yet to the CapcoMaster badge though which is a very good sign indeed.

Never use the REWIND feature, not even during a regular play. If you must get the trophy I recommend farting around with other easy trophies first (including the REWIND one) then proceed to delete the save and start fresh using no rewinds for the CASPO lvl. earning.

For any users out there who wants to have a proper save for the exploit, also make sure to have the save right before the final boss AFTER you defeated him. You can do anything you want to get there (including REWINDS). Once you have the save (it will be separate from the SYSTEM SETTINGS file), you can delete that settings file and the game save can still be used for your clean, no REWIND run.

• Like 3

UPDATE: So I now sit a Lvl. 15. Still have not used REWINDS and both badges (for the REWIND and the CapcoMaster) are still both locked, which is perfect. I'm practically where I was when I started this thing (Lvl. 16 - about 30,000,000 CASPO) but.... now the grind is real. I'm averaging 2-4 million CASPO an hour just by loading the save, I've gotten it down to a science practically. You'd be surprised how often you can load a save in a minute when you're really focused.

Also noticed that after midnight, a bonus kicked in (must have been the weekly events that happen; shows when you first log in sometimes). My CASPO for loading one save jumped to around 8,000 per load and it was a big help. Regardless, I'm looking at just under 3 hours now for a 10,000,000 increase (using no REWINDS).

-I also had another badge glitch... but this one was strange. It says I unlocked a badge for finishing a game with co-op... the funny thing here is that I don't even HAVE a second controller for my PS4 ? This game is unreal, the badge system is a mess.

-I am still convinced that the REWIND is the reason for the CapcoMaster trophy glitch. The fact I'm not using it and those 2 badges are still locked just makes perfect sense. I've been backing up to the cloud after every level up. If there's no glitch, I exit the game, upload the save, and keep going.

• Like 3

Thank you for the research & no-rewind suggestion. I started a no-rewind points farm yesterday using a save at the end of 19xx with max life & bomb stock which gives me almost 10k points each load. I made a new maxrec just for this & got a ton of stuff done around the house while the game was playing itself which was really good stuff.

Currently at lvl 14 with that save backed up. The lvl 20 triumph is still locked which is great. I reckon the trophy should pop just fine under the no rewind condition so looking forward to having that sorted before the day's up, then it's just a long void grind for the 100hours trophy & the 100% is sorted. Happy days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

Thank you for the research & no-rewind suggestion. I started a no-rewind points farm yesterday using a save at the end of 19xx with max life & bomb stock which gives me almost 10k points each load. I made a new maxrec just for this & got a ton of stuff done around the house while the game was playing itself which was really good stuff.

Currently at lvl 14 with that save backed up. The lvl 20 triumph is still locked which is great. I reckon the trophy should pop just fine under the no rewind condition so looking forward to having that sorted before the day's up, then it's just a long void grind for the 100hours trophy & the 100% is sorted. Happy days.

Glad someone else is attempting this, too. I'm closing in on Lvl. 17, as I just reached and now surpassed my old score on the Leaderboards. It's all new ground at this point.

1 minute ago, enaysoft said:

One person seems to have the trophy now. Not sure if that was due to a patch or not.

Yep, someone did it the other day but not sure if it was a patch or not. It sounds like 1.01 is the latest and it was apparently released on Day 1... *shrugs*

There's now 6 that have reached 100,000,000. The original 4 that had the trophy glitch, 1 who popped it, and a new one today but his account is private so an unknown.

6 hours ago, agorazUHD said:

There's now 6 that have reached 100,000,000. The original 4 that had the trophy glitch, 1 who popped it, and a new one today but his account is private so an unknown.

There's a 7th now and the new person DOES NOT have it. So it's still broken? I think the one guy that has it hit the lottery and it popped like normal while everyone else has it bug out.

• Like 1

Day 3

UPDATE: Now at Lvl. 18, about halfway to Lvl. 19. Continuing as normal, without using REWIND at all (still no badge shown in the 'Triumphs' section - CapcoMaster is also not there which is HUGE right now).

For anyone following along who was late to the party, I'll quickly list my steps for this:

-After playing and getting most of the trophies, I proceeded to delete my SYSTEM SAVE file since the CapcoMaster Lvl. 20 badge was already showing glitched.

-Getting up to Lvl. 5 without using the REWIND or TEMPO showed that no badge glitched, I thought maybe the REWIND could be the big culprit.

-Saved my game and tried REWIND again up to Lvl. 6 using a game save I had previously (Final Boss Points - Ghosts 'n Goblins). This glitched the badge at level up.

-Reverted back to an old save (thanks to Cloud Storage - Lvl. 5) and proceeded to constantly load the save WITHOUT using REWINDS (just Load Game, get points, repeat).

-At every new level, I check the 'Triumphs' section to make sure the badge is still properly locked. It is. I upload the save to the cloud (exit the game completely).

-Restart the game, continue with the Load grind but with no REWINDS (that badge is still locked which is perfect).

Now I'm reaching Lvl. 19 and although it is a pain in the ass, this method appears to be stable. I'm almost tempted to use REWIND at Lvl. 19 to get to Lvl. 20 just to see if it would pop then (because it seems that it glitches on level up - if said level up is LVL. 20 - trophy should pop regardless).

Next 12 hours should be interesting...

• Like 2

UPDATE: Well I kinda expected this.

Now before everyone goes rushing to the Leaderboards to see what happened, I want to say that I backed up my save to Cloud Storage at Lvl. 19 firsthand before I attempted this. I decided to run a test to see if the REWIND exploit would work on the very last level gain... It did not. I got to the 100,000,000 CASPO plateau and the game gave me the Triumph badge for Lvl. 20 but not the trophy. The image on the side DIDN'T pop out either (like how it would when you actually ACHIEVE the badge).

Even though it looked really good not having the badge there, the REWIND badge, of course, showed up on cue when I first used it. This all but confirms that the REWIND glitches the Lvl. 20 CapcoMaster badge when it's used. Maybe it's the fact you connect online that screws it up and playing with no Internet can bypass it all, I can't say.

So what happens now? Well it says I'm up over the 100,000,000 mark but really, that's just a lazy attempt at 'showing off' the leaders, when the fact is CASPO means absolutely nothing. It's just a gimmick they threw in there to seem like you are 'battling it out in the STADIUM!' or something. It's in-game experience points like an RPG...

I still have my save at Lvl. 19 unglitched, seemingly still in good order. The grind is about 7 hours left and I'm turned off by it now. I'll keep at it, but if it ends up glitching again (the full 100,000,000 with zero REWINDS), I for sure will not be wasting my money on their DLC's until they correctly patch the game.

• Like 1

On 2021-06-01 at 7:12 PM, Drag-On-Detritus said:

Whoa, looks like you just got the trophy! Did you continue with my method or try something else? I was thinking you stopped what I was doing and tried something else because you were ahead of me at one point.

UPDATE: Fired up the back-up save and am now at 80,000,000. Gonna keep pushing and if it truly fails with using no REWINDS, I'm going to try the one play, exploit method mentioned in the other forum thread.

Edited by agorazUHD
correction

3 hours ago, agorazUHD said:

Whoa, looks like you just got the trophy! Did you continue with my method or try something else? I was thinking you stopped what I was doing and tried something else because you were ahead of me at one point.

UPDATE: Fired up the back-up save and am now at 80,000,000. Gonna keep pushing and if it truly fails with using no REWINDS, I'm going to try the one play, exploit method mentioned in the other forum thread.

Hey I was just coming here to say that the no-rewind worked perfectly. It took a bit longer & I had to leave my ps4 on overnight but I'm happy to have that out of the way & to be able to confirm that never rewinding works. Thanks so much for this tip!!

I uploaded a video just in case anyone needs a bit of motivation:

• Like 4

It actually worked?! Oh wow, so the REWIND badge must somehow glitch that CapcoMaster badge in the background after all. Well, now I'm motivated again to finish this off!

Last night I did a test because I really didn't want to constantly load the remaining 25,000,000 CASPO and the trophy didn't pop when I started using REWIND and hit 100,000,000. I had backed my save, but knowing I could easily have another 6-7 hours to grind points really turned me off from trying.

I have been playing and I'm almost back up to 90,000,000. Maybe another 3 hours? This news makes me hopeful everything works.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, agorazUHD said:

It actually worked?! Oh wow, so the REWIND badge must somehow glitch that CapcoMaster badge in the background after all. Well, now I'm motivated again to finish this off!

Last night I did a test because I really didn't want to constantly load the remaining 25,000,000 CASPO and the trophy didn't pop when I started using REWIND and hit 100,000,000. I had backed my save, but knowing I could easily have another 6-7 hours to grind points really turned me off from trying.

I have been playing and I'm almost back up to 90,000,000. Maybe another 3 hours? This news makes me hopeful everything works.

Absolutely it does & that was working with just your theory :) 

I saw the other thread from the guy who is flagged for something (hopefully not this game) & he was talking about offline, closing the game etc so just to elaborate on that a bit, I was online the whole time & opened & closed the game about 3 times so I could back the save up, I'd check the triumph list each time to confirm Capco Master hadn't unlocked. Worked out well in the end!

• Like 1

This is all good. I've been taking screenshots as I go, mostly from the milestone Level ups (5/10/15), mainly to show badge placements. I also took one of the Lvl. 19 Triumphs, and it shows CapcoMaster at 19/20 locked. REWIND is also locked.

My only concern now (maybe not too important) is that I load up my game as I sit at the chair when you pick a game. So I will choose the game, click Start Game, and while the coin is spinning I press Options and Load Game. Again, might not be important since I was playing Score Attack early on when I was testing stuff.

The fact that the badge still isn't there should be proof it's no biggie. Fingers crossed either way, still no REWIND as I grind this out right now.

• Like 1

Congratulations to Drag-On-Detritus for getting the trophy ... And thanks to agorazUHD for the method.

One question which is the best way to obtain these two trophies:

1) Hardcore Gamer
Play any of the games a total of 1000 times.

2) Serious Gamer
Play for at least 100 hours.

Thank you very much to both.

• Like 2

@Kratos_Odyssey

Hardcore Gamer is easier than you think. All you have to do is start a game (doesn't matter which one), back out (return to the game selection screen), start a game again. If you check your profile (triangle button) after every exit of the game, the games played will go up every time even though you haven't actually played the game to a proper game over. Loading saves don't count, you need to actually enter the game like you were starting it. x1000 of course.

Serious Gamer, well I have two methods (yet to accomplish myself though).

• If it's anything like how it was on Capcom Arcade Cabinet for PS3, play Pirate Ship Higemaru. One of the bonus levels with pirates can be made to glitch so that they can't get you and it runs in an infinite loop. There's videos on Youtube, I'm sure it was posted on a forum thread already.
  • Another good one that I just heard, @NekoRave mentioned to me that Captain Commando has a Time Trial where after 15 minutes (3 deaths x 5 min each) you die and there's a Game Over you can sit on and kill some of the clock. EDIT: Yes it works! Just sit where it displays the CASPO you just earned for doing nothing (should be 1,000 CASPO). Do nothing... even though it will feel like nothing is happening, the clock keeps ticking in the background. This can be confirmed after doing your first run. It should be 15 min. but it will be 25 min. if you wait 10 min. Again check with triangle button outside the game.

Hope this helps.

Edited by agorazUHD
  • Like 1