Confirmed: Rewind glitches CapcoMaster Trophy (Workaround Discovered)

agorazUHD

On 6/3/2021 at 10:17 PM, Drag-On-Detritus said:

Hey I was just coming here to say that the no-rewind worked perfectly. It took a bit longer & I had to leave my ps4 on overnight but I'm happy to have that out of the way & to be able to confirm that never rewinding works. Thanks so much for this tip!!

I uploaded a video just in case anyone needs a bit of motivation:

Congrats @agorazUHD on finally getting the trophy and thank you for all of your valuable testing information.

I would like to know more about using 19XX for trying this method as it seems gives out much more Caspo than Ghosts n Goblins for the end bonus and would be more efficient? @Drag-On-Detritus I think you mentioned it needs max bombs and lives at the end, is that all or is there anything else that needs to be setup to get that large amount of points?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NMErickson said:

Congrats @agorazUHD on finally getting the trophy and thank you for all of your valuable testing information.

I would like to know more about using 19XX for trying this method as it seems gives out much more Caspo than Ghosts n Goblins for the end bonus and would be more efficient? @Drag-On-Detritus I think you mentioned it needs max bombs and lives at the end, is that all or is there anything else that needs to be setup to get that large amount of points?

Hey no problem. Just happy I could contribute something worthwhile to the forums finally! I've been here before on an alt account, but have always been more a lurker than a contributor. I think you are writing a guide for this game? If so, feel free to include this info and mention me in there. ?

I also have a little bit of info regarding that @NekoRave had told me through PSN (credit goes to him):

• For 100 Hours - Captain Commando has a Time Trial where after 15 minutes (3 deaths x 5 min each) you die and there's a Game Over you can sit on and kill some of the clock. Sit where it displays the CASPO you just earned for doing nothing (should be 1,000 CASPO). Do nothing... even though it will feel like nothing is happening, the clock keeps ticking in the background. This can be confirmed after doing your first run. It should be 15 min. but it will be 25 min. if you wait 10 min. Again check with triangle button outside the game.
  • For 50,000 CASPO in one session (Score or Time Trial) - Captain Commando Time Trial again. This time, just play through it normally and beat it in this mode. All CASPO related trophies should pop when finished. Really simple, all Time Trial games are good bets for those 3 related trophies.

As for the 19xx: The War Against Destiny game, I personally haven't played it so @Drag-On-Detritus will have to comment. My take: if it's anything like the old school Castlevania games (like the original NES), it may take your extra health and items as bonus points that tally up at the end of a level/game. Just my 2 cents though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, agorazUHD said:

Hey no problem. Just happy I could contribute something worthwhile to the forums finally! I've been here before on an alt account, but have always been more a lurker than a contributor. I think you are writing a guide for this game? If so, feel free to include this info and mention me in there. 1f609.png

I also have a little bit of info regarding that @NekoRave had told me through PSN (credit goes to him):

• For 100 Hours - Captain Commando has a Time Trial where after 15 minutes (3 deaths x 5 min each) you die and there's a Game Over you can sit on and kill some of the clock. Sit where it displays the CASPO you just earned for doing nothing (should be 1,000 CASPO). Do nothing... even though it will feel like nothing is happening, the clock keeps ticking in the background. This can be confirmed after doing your first run. It should be 15 min. but it will be 25 min. if you wait 10 min. Again check with triangle button outside the game.
  • For 50,000 CASPO in one session (Score or Time Trial) - Captain Commando Time Trial again. This time, just play through it normally and beat it in this mode. All CASPO related trophies should pop when finished. Really simple, all Time Trial games are good bets for those 3 related trophies.

As for the 19xx: The War Against Destiny game, I personally haven't played it so @Drag-On-Detritus will have to comment. My take: if it's anything like the old school Castlevania games (like the original NES), it may take your extra health and items as bonus points that tally up at the end of a level/game. Just my 2 cents though.

Same, friend. I was a lurker for a very long time until I started posting all over the place recently lol.

Yea, I started a Caspo earning guide right after launch and after seeing how long it would take for CapcoMaster. It was started before the exploits were discovered. I definitely need to go back and update it with all the best methods. Yours is the best IMO because it’s safe. These methods are a lifesaver. It would of taken a lot more than 100 hours by playing regular.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

Same, friend. I was a lurker for a very long time until I started posting all over the place recently lol.

Yea, I started a Caspo earning guide right after launch and after seeing how long it would take for CapcoMaster. It was started before the exploits were discovered. I definitely need to go back and update it with all the best methods. Yours is the best IMO because it’s safe. These methods are a lifesaver. It would of taken a lot more than 100 hours by playing regular.

Yeah regular play (new game and just scoring points as usual) would have taken forever. Imagine, doing all that work normally and getting to Lvl. 20 after a couple months only to realize the trophy glitched and it was all wasted effort?

I would have had a meltdown, I'd be just about done with everything LOL ? Sometimes finding these little tricks are necessary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NMErickson said:

With 19xx it's just a matter of playing on easy with max lives & bomb stock & using rewinds if you loose a ship (keeping in mind that rewind will glitch Capcomaster so seperate system data for this one is a good idea). The end game gives you a huge bonus for lives & bombs & I was getting almost 10k per load.

It takes less than an hour to play through. I think this is probably less frustrating for people to do if they're unfamiliar with GnG. At the time I ended up looking at the end screens of longplays for all the games in pack 3 (which is the only one I have) & when I saw the lucrative 19xx end bonus just had to try that out. For all I know there might be a game in pack 1 & 2 that gives an even better bonus.

@Kratos_Odyssey Sorry for the late reply, I still dunno how to quote from multiple pages here but as far as those super grindy trophies go I have a cronusmax usb dongle connected to the ps4 & my computer & I've been using the 'maxrec' feature which lets you record controller inputs, save the inputs & loop them. So for the 100 hour trophy (which I still have about 30 hours left on) I've got a loop that holds left for 10 seconds & rewinds for 10 seconds which constantly restarts the first round in a game of street fighter II hyper. For the 1000 games I just had a loop that inserted a credit, started the game, went back to menu, started the game again. That one was pretty quick compared to the others.

@agorazUHD Nice going getting Capcomaster! You deserve it after all this :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Found some great news that will cut the time in half! Last week I worked on my guide and set up my 19XX save as mentioned by Drag-On Detritus. I tested it and earned nearly 9K Caspo per reload of the save. I didn’t go all out grinding because I saw that 19XX is a featured game in the Special Challenge playlist this week thus eligible for the x2 Campaign Bonus. A couple hours ago when the new week started and the challenge became active, I tried it and earned about 17K Caspo per reload of the save! This will cut the grind time by nearly half as long as I get it done this week. Of course I had to delete my System Settings but now I know I have a clean save all primed for it. I’ve added everyone’s info to my Caspo guide and it’s finally done. Man, I’m so happy we figured all this stuff out guys. Especially you two, agoraz and Drag-On. Wy-max too. It’s a such a relief that the roadblocks to this crazy trophy is out of the way.

Late Edit: Play 1942 end bonus instead. 38K per load. 76K if it’s bonus campaign.

Edited by NMErickson
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

Found some great news that will cut the time in half! Last week I worked on my guide and set up my 19XX save as mentioned by Drag-On Detritus. I tested it and earned nearly 9K Caspo per reload of the save. I didn’t go all out grinding because I saw that 19XX is a featured game in the Special Challenge playlist this week thus eligible for the x2 Campaign Bonus. A couple hours ago when the new week started and the challenge became active, I tried it and earned about 17K Caspo per reload of the save! This will cut the grind time by nearly half as long as I get it done this week. Of course I had to delete my System Settings but now I know I have a clean save all primed for it. I’ve added everyone’s info to my Caspo guide and it’s finally done. Man, I’m so happy we figured all this stuff out guys. Especially you two, agoraz and Drag-On. Wy-max too. It’s a such a relief that the roadblocks to this crazy trophy is out of the way.

Yeah I kinda touched on it a little with one of my progress reports where it suddenly seemed like after midnight one evening, my CASPO was doubling up more than usual. I believe it was the weekly games bonus thing that kicks in every week and Ghosts 'n Goblins was on the list.

I didn't make a big thing about it really, but it's great that it's working for you! Upon further reflection and having played some other games in the collection, I don't recommend GnG as the game to grind at all LOL. I could have picked a half dozen games (mostly the 19xx and variations - 1942, 1943, etc.) since the point bonuses are way better in those ones.

I generally like action platform, even fighting games better, but it seems like the shooters work better for this specific grind. ?

• Like 1

Thank you guys for all the helpful information!  

What happened to me was my rewind badge popped, but not the lvl 20 badge.  I may have pressed the rewind by accident, I have no idea, but the badge did pop.  I went ahead with the grind anyway, making sure the level 20 badge didn't pop prematurely, and eventually capcomaster trophy popped at 100M normally without any issues.  Just throwing this out there for anyone who finds himself in my situation.  

Edited by nakayuri7
  • Like 1

I contacted capcom about a bug in CAPCO MASTER.

It seems that it is planned to be fixed with a patch(Time undecided). Regarding CAPCO MASTER, if it is level 20, it seems that the flag will be set when caspo is acquired.

Below is a google translate of trophy related replies from Japanese to English.

■ Trophy
Trophy that cannot be obtained even though it meets the correct conditions
After applying the title update, it will be acquired at the following timing.

・ "○○ times play / ○○ time play" ... of the recorded titles
At the start of the game or at the end of the game
・ "Achieved class XX" ... When you get CASPO
・ "Clear the game" ... Clear one of the games
* For the trophy "Technician" (clear the game at the highest difficulty level)
Regarding, if you have cleared the highest difficulty level once, at what difficulty level
You can get it even if you clear it.

In addition, on the "ACHIEVEMENT" screen in the game, the controller
If you press and hold the L1, L2, R1 and R2 buttons at the same time for 3 seconds,
The acquisition status of ACHIEVEMENT can be set to the correct state.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, syai0306 said:

In addition, on the "ACHIEVEMENT" screen in the game, the controller

If you press and hold the L1, L2, R1 and R2 buttons at the same time for 3 seconds,

The acquisition status of ACHIEVEMENT can be set to the correct state.

Hmmmm.... I wonder if this right here is the quick fix that might have been added with patch 1.01 (which was never explained). Pressing all shoulder buttons on the controller fixes the badge glitches? Somebody who doesn't have the CapcoMaster trophy should try this if they have over 100,000,000 CASPO and still no trophy. L1 + L2 + R1 + R2 for 3 seconds... Sounds like it would work actually...

EDIT: Coming next patch, nevermind.

Edited by agorazUHD
More info