How much time to 100% starting with all dlc's?

XpanderFX

Hi, i know there are several similar threads, however does it matter if i already start with all dlc's installed or i still have to do the same amount of playthroughs? and...how many playthrougs are needed for 100%? and, is it an open world game or is more linear like, lets say, darksiders, or even more, like tomb raider?

Edited by XpanderFX

Game is linear, you do one mission, you unlock the next and it`s side missions. For 100% you need 1 full story (main missions only) playthrough on NG, several missions on NG + (after a set number you unlock the next  region and so on until you unlock and beat the final mission) and 1 full playthrough in NG ++ (DLC only need to be done here). Took me 110hrs or so, but thats counting some leveling up that you can skip if you are very good at the game

Edited by fenris-lima

I dont know about time. I only got about 15 or 20 hours in before I left Nioh in the rear view for something else... So sorry there. 

But! I can tell you it's a mission select style. So you have a world map with main missions and side missions and each one can take up to an hour. And I think there are 70 some missions. Maybe more. 

I really didn't like the mission select style. Hence why I left Nioh in the dust. Other than that, it's a pretty damn solid game. 

Each DLC adds a new region, so playing with or without DLC doesn't really matter. People that platted the game before the DLC came out needed to beat every single mission on NG. But if you want you can do main missions only in NG, since you'll have to complete every single mission (Main, Side, Twilight, Dojo, DLC) on NG++ anyways. 

It took me 190 hours since I got the plat before the DLC came out, and I played the DLC directly in NG++. I think you can do it easily in around 100-120 hours if you do only what's required to progress in NG and NG+ and do everything directly in NG++. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fenris-lima said:

Game is linear, you do one mission, you unlock the next and it`s side missions. For 100% you need 1 full story (main missions only) playthrough on NG, several missions on NG + (after a set number you unlock the next  region and so on until you unlock and beat the final mission) and 1 full playthrough in NG ++ (DLC only need to be done here). Took me 110hrs or so, but thats counting some leveling up that you can skip if you are very good at the game

47 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Each DLC adds a new region, so playing with or without DLC doesn't really matter. People that platted the game before the DLC came out needed to beat every single mission on NG. But if you want you can do main missions only in NG, since you'll have to complete every single mission (Main, Side, Twilight, Dojo, DLC) on NG++ anyways. 

It took me 190 hours since I got the plat before the DLC came out, and I played the DLC directly in NG++. I think you can do it easily in around 100-120 hours if you do only what's required to progress in NG and NG+ and do everything directly in NG++. 

well, 110-120 seems a lot reasonable now. ive read people that got 100% in 200-300, that's a lot more. other than that, how is the combat system? does it require fighting games skils (long complicated combo's)?

16 minutes ago, XpanderFX said:

well, 110-120 seems a lot reasonable now. ive read people that got 100% in 200-300, that's a lot more. other than that, how is the combat system? does it require fighting games skils (long complicated combo's)?

probably because before the DLC one trophy required 100% playthrough on NG, and after the first DLC the same trophy could be combined with the NG++ one. As for the combat system, there are skill attack of two button that you can combine in sequence to do a combo of sorts, but spamming a single attack or playing like a hack slash is perfectly fine. The only real skill you need is being able to dodge incoming attack

I would say 110-120 hours to 100% the game is pretty reasonable. Took me about 100 hours to 100% the game. The game relies more on your build than skill. With a good build you can destroy bosses in Way of the Demon(NG++) in seconds. If you want to 100% the game as fast as possible then you can rush through NG to NG++ or NG++++ and get a good build. I personally recommend just enjoy your first playthrough with whatever weapon you prefer, know the layout of each level. That way when you are doing later playthroughs you know where enemy would ambush you (the game really likes to put enemies to ambush you). Also I recommend to not do any dlc content until you are in NG++ and with a good build. The enemies in there are pretty over-leveled. I finished my first playthrough at level 80ish and the recommend level to play dlc is like level 200 or something.

Edited by Mirrors1118
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, fenris-lima said:

Wrong. Many hours of the main game guide are included in the 30 from the first DLC

It's not particularly wrong since you have to complete all of the main game + the first DLC on WotD for the Destroyer of Demons trophy. If anything, I'd say 30 hours is an underestimate, since from going from the main game plat (where you only need to beat the game in NG), to getting to WotD and finishing all of it could take more than 30 hours. If you rush through WotSt to get to WotD, you'd be severely underleveled for some of the harder missions of WotD (like the wave ones with bosses). Either one would have to be really good and patient with the game, or they'll need to grind levels. And if they don't want to grind, then they'll need to proceed onwards to WotW or WotN for better gear that makes up for the level difference. 

When I reached WotD, I was around 300-500 levels below the recommended for the missions, so I got some gear from WotN to make up for my level difference. 

52 minutes ago, fenris-lima said:

Wrong. Many hours of the main game guide are included in the 30 from the first DLC

reason i asked this. there are many games that if you play step-by-step everytime a new dlc is released, takes a lot more time than playing all at once. and this seems to be one of these. ok, so i wait for dlc's sales and add the game to the "list", thanks

27 minutes ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

It's not particularly wrong since you have to complete all of the main game + the first DLC on WotD for the Destroyer of Demons trophy. If anything, I'd say 30 hours is an underestimate, since from going from the main game plat (where you only need to beat the game in NG), to getting to WotD and finishing all of it could take more than 30 hours. If you rush through WotSt to get to WotD, you'd be severely underleveled for some of the harder missions of WotD (like the wave ones with bosses). Either one would have to be really good and patient with the game, or they'll need to grind levels. And if they don't want to grind, then they'll need to proceed onwards to WotW or WotN for better gear that makes up for the level difference. 

When I reached WotD, I was around 300-500 levels below the recommended for the missions, so I got some gear from WotN to make up for my level difference. 

What meant is that the main game guide was written before the DLC was released so the 80hrs considers that you do 100% on NG for Samurai of Legends. After the DLC, people with the plat had to do it again on NG++ for Destroyer of Demons, so another 30 hours. Now you can pretty much skip most of the level, farming gear from revenants and grinding xp when necessary until you have access to orange gear, then get back and have a breeze on NG++.

I went all the way to Way of Nioh doing the bare minimun first to get gear and farm the missions that can be cheesed for easy XP, then got back to Way of the Demon for my 100% true run. 

On 28.5.2021 at 7:07 PM, XpanderFX said:

reason i asked this. there are many games that if you play step-by-step everytime a new dlc is released, takes a lot more time than playing all at once. and this seems to be one of these. ok, so i wait for dlc's sales and add the game to the "list", thanks

It depends. The main thing the DLC bring is higher Level cap and higher difficultiers + new levels.

So I would recomend to start the game with all DLC installed. that way, you can play through all the DLC levels on your first playthrough and you will a lot better kitted for your NG+ playthroughs.

And you do not have to fear reaching the level cap anytime soon if you want to do some grinding.

Gameplay is very similar to Dark Souls, but much more forgiving as it has also a Diablo like Loot system that lets you get very OP loot combos if you know what you're doing.

Nioh 1 took me about 3 months to plat, since I was an absolute noob in this kind of difficulty game, but once you get the hang of the loot system you will be able to breeze through the first and 2nd difficulty playthrough.

On 31/5/2021 at 3:20 PM, NanaCheese94 said:

It depends. The main thing the DLC bring is higher Level cap and higher difficultiers + new levels.

So I would recomend to start the game with all DLC installed. that way, you can play through all the DLC levels on your first playthrough and you will a lot better kitted for your NG+ playthroughs.

And you do not have to fear reaching the level cap anytime soon if you want to do some grinding.

Gameplay is very similar to Dark Souls, but much more forgiving as it has also a Diablo like Loot system that lets you get very OP loot combos if you know what you're doing.

Nioh 1 took me about 3 months to plat, since I was an absolute noob in this kind of difficulty game, but once you get the hang of the loot system you will be able to breeze through the first and 2nd difficulty playthrough.

i know well diablo's like loot system however i'm also afraid to play a souls like game (never played before). this one seems easier so maybe its a good one to start with this genre

9 minutes ago, XpanderFX said:

i know well diablo's like loot system however i'm also afraid to play a souls like game (never played before). this one seems easier so maybe its a good one to start with this genre

Nioh's platinum is definitely easier than any Dark Souls game, but it's 100% is definitely harder than any souls. 

If you can 100% this, you can do any soulsborne and any soulslike (at least the ones I've played, like Lords of the Fallen, Surge, Surge 2, Darksiders 3, Hollow Knight, Remnant From the Ashes) 

Journos exaggerate the difficulty of the games to the point it became a meme. Don't be afraid, they are difficult, but nowhere near impossible. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlitzkriegHottie said:

Nioh's platinum is definitely easier than any Dark Souls game, but it's 100% is definitely harder than any souls. 

If you can 100% this, you can do any soulsborne and any soulslike (at least the ones I've played, like Lords of the Fallen, Surge, Surge 2, Darksiders 3, Hollow Knight, Remnant From the Ashes) 

Journos exaggerate the difficulty of the games to the point it became a meme. Don't be afraid, they are difficult, but nowhere near impossible. 

you just said its easier than souls but harder than any souls O_o

1 hour ago, XpanderFX said:

you just said its easier than souls but harder than any souls O_o

And he is right. NG and just getting the plat is easier than any Souls game, but NG++ is where the real game starts. On that difficulty, it's definitely harder than any Souls, and you'll have to do everything on NG++ for the 100%. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

And he is right. NG and just getting the plat is easier than any Souls game, but NG++ is where the real game starts. On that difficulty, it's definitely harder than any Souls, and you'll have to do everything on NG++ for the 100%. 

idk. The difficulty I had in the Souls games I played was that I would usually die at some point and would not be able to get back my xp because I would die again before reaching it or that I would get weakened to the boss because of normal enemies. The fact that you can use the ninja and omnyo to just get past everything and reach the boss without getting a single hit made the game much easier. I had more trouble in the NG where I still didn`t have access to that, but that was usually solved by summoning someone to help on the boss