Active Neurons 3 (PS5) Trophy Glitch ?

So a pretty fucked thing happened to me last night. I was playing Active Neurons 3 (EU PS5) and finished the whole game but the platinum didn't pop. I then checked my trophies only to see I only had 1 trophy (the last trophy of the game).

You can only play the worlds in order in this game and each world has a trophy. The trophy list is ordered in the worlds order. There is no way to get  trophies in any other order (usually). Therefore I was quite concerned having only the last world trophy as one might figure (I'm top 10 worldwide on this site with no hidden trophies if you don't know me which makes it even worse). I've been talking with the flag team last since last night trying to cover my ass.

Now, as to what actually happened, I'm honestly not sure anymore. I think I was seeing the trophies pop while I was playing but I honestly can not remember. I was watching a movie while inputting level solutions and wasn't really paying attention.. Now an interesting detail is that the game glitched on me on level 14-4. I could swap fine (with X) once but when I swapped a second time, the game was not swapping..I actually was a bit confused and was stuck on this level for a little while. I ended up rebooting the game and the issue was fixed.

Before we go any further, this is not the usual PS5 "offline" trophy issue which I already experienced and am familiar with as discussed here:

I do not have trophy screenshots/trophy videos except for the 2 trophies (I was messing around trying to figure out what was happening and I played level 1-10 again and that triggered the first trophy to properly unlock). I've tried manually syncing my trophies multiple times and I left my console on the whole night hoping it would magically fix itself but it didn't.

Now what seems the most logical explanation here is that no trophies were popping when I first booted the game but when I rebooted on level 14-4 the game fixed itself and hence I only have the last trophy. Now, that's actually not something uncommon and something I have experienced a couple times (Little Red Lie comes to mind, could easily pop the 100% in 2m instead of 3h if I cared and to a lesser extent buggy messes like frisky business, 36 fragments of midnight (JP), etc.). I really hope this is a game issue and not a system issue else that is seriously very scary and could have possibly even happened on a PS4 game which would have had an even higher chance of a flag.

I'm writing this post mostly to cover my ass in case of an incoming future flag. I have not popped the platinum just yet but I'm planning on deleting the game and redoing it (the 13th world trophy will pop my platinum). I've purposely havn't done the fastest achiever time (could have done the game in 5m now that all levels are unlocked).

If anyone ever get a similar issue on PS5, please let me know especially on Active Neurons and be careful if you play any stacks of this game. I've taken a couple screenshots and videos of what I could and can add to this thread if needed.

Here's a screenshot of my current trophies (last trophy first then first trophy 20m later)

unknown.png?width=421&height=473

Now, I was told my a member of the flag team that I should be fine as this is PS5 and they felt it was a legit bug (which it is of course). I would appreciate a reply on this thread confirming this for posterity though.

I had played a bunch of other games that night during the same gaming session without any issue (all PS4 games though but on the same PS5).

Edited by Thropy_Croissant
  • Like 1

Not sure if that could be helpful, but I had some "similar" issue with part 2 of the game. Are there any "outros" at the end of the world? Maybe you skipped them?

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Not sure if that could be helpful, but I had some "similar" issue with part 2 of the game. Are there any "outros" at the end of the world? Maybe you skipped them?

Oh wow ! Thanks a lot for this I wish I read that thread before. There is indeed outros after the worlds and I indeed skipped them. I guess this is one more thing to add to the list of things Sometimes You fucked up on. I'm glad I made a big deal about something that seems somewhat common now.

Thanks ! Smashero saves the day again ?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...