Earth Defense Force: World Brothers Trophy Thoughts?

I'm very curious to know peoples thoughts on this trophy list? Looking at percentages on the Asia list it looks like it might be easier then normal, possibly 100% story completion does not require a run through on all difficulties with all classes akin to EDF 5? Apart from the 100% story trophy and collect all weapons the list looks relatively simple and I'm sure the vast majority of those trophies will come through standard play.

Personally I really want to play this (I didn't think it was coming out so soon!) but I'm unsure whether I want to commit if it's going to end up being a massive grind for 100% story when I still have EDF 5 in my backlog and a dozen other grindy games (thanks Genshin).

Edited by stargate1995

Just as an FYI: the 2 stacks for the game are NA and Global, because the currently mis-labled Asia list is shared with the EU, Asia and JP versions of the game. The trophy list works exactly the same way as EDF 5 i.e. you have to finish the game on all difficulties, for the story related trophies to pop so there's no getting away from the massive grind. Weapons are now earned by rescuing the other characters in the game so there's no weapon crates to farm, because they've been removed.

11 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Just as an FYI: the 2 stacks for the game are NA and Global, because the currently mis-labled Asia list is shared with the EU, Asia and JP versions of the game. The trophy list works exactly the same way as EDF 5 i.e. you have to finish the game on all difficulties, for the story related trophies to pop so there's no getting away from the massive grind. Weapons are now earned by rescuing the other characters in the game so there's no weapon crates to farm, because they've been removed.

If there are no preset classes then does that mean you just have to complete each level once on each difficulty? That would mean there's considerably less grinding at least. Any idea of how many levels there are in the game as well?

21 hours ago, stargate1995 said:

If there are no preset classes then does that mean you just have to complete each level once on each difficulty? That would mean there's considerably less grinding at least. Any idea of how many levels there are in the game as well?

There are pre-set classes and each one has its own weapon trophies, because they've made it so only specific classes can use certain weapons until they've levelled up X amount of times, which you do by rescuing that specific character again and again in other levels but the high RNG factor means there's no way to know which level any of them can be found in or on what difficulty. World Brothers isn't quite as grindy as previous EDF games but if my estimates are correct, it will take 150hrs at the bare minimum to get everything done. Also note, the stat tracking is very barebones this time so it's difficult to know how many kills you have with any given weapon or how many times you've used any given ability.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

From all the Earth Defense Force games I played, WB is definitely the easiest. It's also only the second EDF game I got the Platinum Trophy in (the other one being Insect Armageddon on PS3).

World Brothers of course has the usual "get all weapons" and "finish the game on all difficulty settings" but it's not that bad actually. Especially since offline and online progress is shared. So if you struggle with a mission on Inferno on your own, chances are you'll be able to beat it when playing with three other players.

My profile says I got the Platinum in about a month. Obviously I didn't play non-stop for a month, but if it's around 2 hours a day (sometimes more, sometimes less) it could be around 60-70hrs which sounds realistic.

The last trophy for me was getting all the characters. I was missing one Panda Brother for the longest time but I just kept on replaying missions online because I liked the game anyway and at some point I got 'im :D

ceno

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I despise any trophy that relies on RNG like the unlock all weapons on games like this. The once and done 100% story for clearing all difficulties is nice though compared to the main series games. I downloaded a copy from the AU store first because I hate waiting for US unlocks, so I ended up with that plat first and did the US version late. I did it faster than anyone else so far, but I literally spent the last 10 hours grinding for missing weapons. Granted, a lot were level 4 so I finished the 100k armor in the process grinding Armageddon, but the weapons were still the last thing to pop.

Edited by NoLifeDGenerate