am i the only one that hates to do the violent playthrough?

jelkeh11

so i still need to do the violent playthrough for the game, but everytime when you need to take an important decision for the violent playthrough it just feels a bit wrong and goes against your instinct. this may sound strange cuz it's obviously a game and not irl but still. am i the only one or does anyone of you kinda has/had the same thing? just curious it's not like it will prevent me from getting the platinum or something like that cuz i love the game

• Like 2

I enjoyed it not gonna lie. I love doing evil/negative playthroughs of games. I always enjoyed evil karma playthroughs in the inFamous games and always preferred playing a dick character in Fallout. Don’t know why I just enjoy it hahaha

You don’t want to know how many times I tried to do an asshole Geralt playthrough in The Witcher 3. Just can’t do it, it feels wrong and it hurts. It’s the same with any other game, will always try to do as good as possible and if something goes terribly wrong I actually feel like a shitty person in real.

Although with Detroit Become Human, it felt cruel to do the bad playthrough(s) but it’s still interesting to see different scenes, dialogue and outcomes. Games like this make me super curious how things turn out choosing the other option.

• Like 1

No, I’m the same.

In a game like Mass Effect or inFamous, where there is good/evil choices, but the protagonist has the direct agency of the player, it can be pretty enjoyable.

But in games like Detroit or Heavy Rain, or Telltale or Dotnod stuff, where the player is more like the ‘author’ crafting a story that the characters are living, being ‘evil’ feels less like a fun catharsis, and more like being a bad parent.

It’s like I’m making bad decisions, but the characters are the ones paying for it, not me as the player... if that makes sense?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I always dread trophies like this especially because I leave it for last since I hate it and at that point I got to know every character and bond with them so it feels even worse, it's interesting to seen how the story plays out but I'd avoid it if were not for trophies.

Burritoprime.png

Edited by Sunnyburrito