Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Valkirye22

Hiding PS3 games on PS5 impossible?

11 posts in this topic

So, I'm not a fan of any kind of stacking - if I get the game a second time (remaster, goty etc.) I'll platinum it and keep only one / hide the previous and keep it one platinum per title.

I'm working my way through the ME:LE and since now I can have a clean 100% on the entire trilogy I missed before due to not paying for EA DLC extortion I wanted to hide ME2 and ME3 from PS3 days.

But the hidden games on my PS5 only goes back to PS4. I can scroll down on the trophies page and go all the way back to Midnight Club days but there no option to hide anything prior to PS4.

Anyone know what's the deal with this?

This is ridiculous, unfortunately it seems that it is only possible to hide ps3 games individually by the ps3 itself; sorry if i'm uninformed - please correct me if that's the case - but i believe that even ps4 is not possible to hide individual ps3 games. the ps3 allows to hide both ps3 and ps4 platforms, i have not tested ps5 because i don't have one.

31 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

This is ridiculous, unfortunately it seems that it is only possible to hide ps3 games individually by the ps3 itself; sorry if i'm uninformed - please correct me if that's the case - but i believe that even ps4 is not possible to hide individual ps3 games. the ps3 allows to hide both ps3 and ps4 platforms, i have not tested ps5 because i don't have one.

Hiding individual PS3 (and Vita) trophy lists from your PS4 is definitely something you can do. It’s part of the Account Management settings, albeit a separate option from the one used to hide PS4 games

If you’re not seeing pre-PS4 data on the PS5 it sounds like they’ve probably only ported over one of those two options

You can hide PS3 trophy lists only on PS3, PS4, or Vita. There’s no option to hide it from the PS5 nor any other platform. It’s due to a technicality that you can only hide the game from the game activity in your profile, which hides the trophy list as well.

Edited by latest-purr1

So PS3 and vita games actually show up on your ps5 trophy list? Mine didn't on my old account. It doesn't really affect me now but that's interesting maybe I'll try taking another look; maybe I'm just blind. 

7 minutes ago, Savage_Sarabi said:

So PS3 and vita games actually show up on your ps5 trophy list? Mine didn't on my old account. It doesn't really affect me now but that's interesting maybe I'll try taking another look; maybe I'm just blind. 

They do, you just can’t hide them on the PS5 itself.

Edited by latest-purr1

4 minutes ago, latest-purr1 said:

They do, you just can’t hide them on the PS5 itself.

Sweet that's awesome that they do show up. I was wanting to trophy hunt some PS3 games on psnow but didn't see the point if I couldn't see them on my list. 

Sucks they can't be hidden for you guys though. 

7 hours ago, Savage_Sarabi said:

Sweet that's awesome that they do show up. I was wanting to trophy hunt some PS3 games on psnow but didn't see the point if I couldn't see them on my list. 

Sucks they can't be hidden for you guys though. 

That might actually be an option right there… can you hide them from the PS Now XMB?

10 hours ago, BGriff1986 said:

That might actually be an option right there… can you hide them from the PS Now XMB?

Not that I'm aware of but I haven't tried. I don't think it gives you any option to do so. 

51 minutes ago, Savage_Sarabi said:

Not that I'm aware of but I haven't tried. I don't think it gives you any option to do so. 

It wouldn’t be a specific option from the main menu, but rather a choice within each game in Trophy Collection. That’s where you to go hide games in the PS3 interface, and the PS Now XMB is basically just a copy-paste of that

1 hour ago, BGriff1986 said:

It wouldn’t be a specific option from the main menu, but rather a choice within each game in Trophy Collection. That’s where you to go hide games in the PS3 interface, and the PS Now XMB is basically just a copy-paste of that

Oh I see. Yeah I really wouldn't know. I've never hid games that way before.