Death Incarnate trophy is unobtainable

So I just found out that since a couple of patches ago:

the prerequisites for the Angel of Death trophy have changed from 3 consecutive crits with no gaps of more than 3 seconds, to 10 crits with gaps of max 1 second (source: patch notes)

The trophy is not tracking properly and is unobtainable at the moment. Neocore is looking into it.

The last person who got this trophy, according to psnp, earned it on march 11th... Hopefully this will get patched with the next season update... just a heads up for you fellow completionists out there...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mezarel said:

Actually you can make angel of death with 10 critical hit in 1 second,i try with cruiser 

Not working for me. ? And no one earned this trophy since march 11th... are you sure this works? 

I got a response from Marco on discord a while back.  The issue is fixed but the patch has only been released to PC so far.

Having a look at the Neocore website, patch 2.3.7 for PC is already out and working as it should but they've confirmed the patch for consoles won't be released until around July.

I'm actually very curious how that person got the trophy on the 12th considering this.

Edited by JimmeC
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JimmeC said:

I got a response from Marco on discord a while back.  The issue is fixed but the patch has only been released to PC so far.

Having a look at the Neocore website, patch 2.3.7 for PC is already out and working as it should but they've confirmed the patch for consoles won't be released until around July.

I'm actually very curious how that person got the trophy on the 12th considering this.

I messaged him on psnp but no response, i also tried to send him a friend request on psn to no avail.

On a side note, my "angel of death" tracker went up from 0/30 to 1/30 in the game... don't have a clue how that happened though... 

On 20-6-2021 at 7:36 AM, JimmeC said:

Maybe it is somehow possible then...  Either way, in a few more weeks I think it will be fine. 

I'm actually pretty impressed that Neocore bother to listen to us and fix things as they pop up.

Yeah, i know of other developers who should make an example out of this. (I'm looking at you, Ubisoft, fix the Crew 1)

Edited by Milkyray
Spelling

• 4 weeks later...
On 18-7-2021 at 5:55 AM, suistar7 said:

Nice, thanks for the update. Hopefully the patch will land soon. Let me know when you're online!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Milkyray said:

Nice, thanks for the update. Hopefully the patch will land soon. Let me know when you're online!

Im now online^^ Here where i live is CEST. Currently here is 10.44 am.  

I ask in the forum when the patch coming. so when i see a answer, i will share with you

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I have to do some more testing but I've been able to get the Angel of Death kill streak to proc. It's not super reliable but I'll write out what I've noticed. I'm currently testing it out on my level non-seasonal 71 Crusader spec'd around crits.

If you turn on battle text you might see Angel of Death pop up above your character when it should proc as a kill streak but it does nothing instead. It will proc as a kill streak on the first mission you play right after you log into your character but only the first mission. You have to log out and log back into your character to have it proc as a kill streak again. Secondly, I haven't been able to get it to proc on area of effect abilities but I have been getting it to proc when I killed 10~15 enemies in a row with one shot kill crits.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, SmileyCrow said:

Hey everyone, I have to do some more testing but I've been able to get the Angel of Death kill streak to proc. It's not super reliable but I'll write out what I've noticed. I'm currently testing it out on my level non-seasonal 71 Crusader spec'd around crits.

If you turn on battle text you might see Angel of Death pop up above your character when it should proc as a kill streak but it does nothing instead. It will proc as a kill streak on the first mission you play right after you log into your character but only the first mission. You have to log out and log back into your character to have it proc as a kill streak again. Secondly, I haven't been able to get it to proc on area of effect abilities but I have been getting it to proc when I killed 10~15 enemies in a row with one shot kill crits.

So you shut down the game after one mission? My counter has somehow jumped to 2, but i have no idea how to get this to proc again. 

On 30-7-2021 at 7:13 PM, SmileyCrow said:

I got it to proc like you said. First game. I'll check again after work tonight. 

I did some more testing, you don't need to log out and back between every mission. Sometimes it gets stuck not procing, you'll need to log out and then back in if it does that but I was able to finally get it to proc on successive runs in Unholy Cathedral. I highly recommended farming it there, since there's non-stop enemies I've been able to average 1-3 Angel of Death kill streaks per run.

You want to pump up your innate ability to crit as much as possible. On my crusader I've been using a 1h sword, shield, and equipment all with sockets on them. In every piece of equipment I have the psalm equip that increases supreme crit chance/damage on kill as well, one psalm that doubles duration for psalms, all three crit enhancing perks, 51% crit chance on character sheet (cap for normal crit chance), fully maxed out melee, crit, and movement passive trees.

• Like 1

I just got the trophy by doing it in Unholy Cathedral thanks to Smileycrow's suggestion. Ran a seasonal 70 assassin melee arc blade crit build. Crit was 50%, used digital weapons and an arc blade with chance for all attacks be critical for 3 seconds. Had 3 crit perks:Keen fury, stagger exploitment and frenzon dispenser. But the thing was I dont think I was following the criteria which was 10 consecutive crits with 1 seconds in between. There were more than 1 second lulls between my crit attacks and the angel of death would still proc. Arc blade attacks were also AOE but still procced AoD. I say just run Unholy Cathedral with max crit and keep killing stuff while doing your cabal directives farming. I noticed that while continuously killing, "killing spree" pops first, then "massacre" then a little while after "Angel of Death". Only use your default x attack. When I used my other skills other than the x attack, it didnt proc as much and it instead procs "tactical strike". AoD just pops there and nowhere else. I was getting 2-4 procs per 5-8 mins. and one time I had 6 in 6 mins. Goodluck

Edited by rmsison1
Clarification
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, OvrlrdO said:

Does not work .  They promised a patch at the end of July1f641.png

yh, they promised the new season on console with that patch as well (Season of the Void Brethren wich on pc began July 6) and i'm waiting to start the game, I'ts kinda annoying to say the least ?

Edited by Teh_DDgamez
  • Like 1

So I was also to get the Angel of Death to show up - following SmileyCrow's idea on Unholy Cathedral.  I also did it with a Crusader.... I originally had the following trees full unlock - Physical, Melee, Critical and Movement.  I did the recommended sword and shield and having all my gear with psalm codes.  At first... maybe I got 1 AoD every 10 mins and was frustrated.  I then tweaked and replaced the Physical tree with Single DPS and what I found was that using Digital Weapons at about the 1 min mark I could get 2 or 3 AoD with each digital weapon use... until I got Overwhelmed or Suppressed.

Hope this helps others.

• Like 2

Hey OvrlrdO, on your stat screen you have max crit percent (the stat is in yellow which means it's at max). What you need to do now is equip passives and psalms that give you Supreme Crit Chance, which can stack on top of the normal crit chance. I didn't play an Assassin but rmsision used these perks to get AoD and would work well for you. 

On 8/10/2021 at 5:52 AM, rmsison1 said:

Had 3 crit perks:Keen fury, stagger exploitment and frenzon dispenser.