Should I go for all games 100%?

zDavzBR

Currently, I'm on the goal of getting 100% on every title I play, but there are a lot of games that will require me to buy their DLCs and others that are simply impossible to get 100% (e.g BF Hardline, which I have the Plat, but there's one DLC trophy that is no longer obtainable)

What should I do?

• Keep on the hunt for all games 100%, buying their DLCs and hiding the ones that are impossible

• Do 100% only if I already have the DLCs, only buying the ones I don't have if they're on sale, and hiding the ones that are impossible (or maybe not since that would include hiding BFH Platinum)

• Or should I go only for the Platinum, leaving the 100% only for games that I really liked

Also, is there any big trophy hunter that has a 100% profile?

• Like 1

Decide for yourself. Do you think you'll find enjoyment out of 100%-ing everything, or is the platinum sufficient for you? At the end of the day, the only person who'll really give a damn is yourself.

• Like 3

Present! ?

As a completionist I would tell you to go for the 100% in every game, but yea that sucks that there's a trophy that is no longer obtainable...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, zDavzBR said:

If only there was an easy way to see a list of people who had ever achieved 100%, listed in descending order of their highest PSN level at the time of their feat...

• Like 1

To me, if you have to hide games in order to have a 100% profile, then it's not really keeping in the spirit of things. There are people out there who legitimately worked at 100% profiles - planning what games they buy, what accounts they play them on, setting up boosting sessions, buying the dlcs and so on. Hiding most of your games to show the same thing isn't the same level of effort.

Then again, I don't particularly care about other peoples trophy lists so I'd say you have to ask yourself who you're doing this for. If it's for others, then by all means, hide them. If it's for yourself, then even if you hide them, you'll still know that you didn't get all the trophies. If you want 100% legitimately, you have to put in the legwork. Otherwise, you may as well hide the non-100%s now. Personally, if I were in your shoes, I'd go for getting as many trophies as I could on the games I've got. Assuming you're assuming the same PSN you've linked here, you're on 47.55% of your total trophies earned. Set a goal to get that to 50%, then 60%, 70% and so on. You might not hit 100% as there will be unobtainable ones and every time you play a new game, that average will drop until you earn more but you'll have worked towards it.

As said, I don't really concern myself with other people's profiles but if I did, that's the sort of profile I'd "respect" more.

• Like 2

I'm a "platinum or 100%" guy, myself.  As for games that have DLC trophies, I make that decision on a case-by-case basis, depending on how much I like the game and the value I put on its DLC. Some games I enjoy enough to pay the extra money, some games I don't.  And while I'm a little obsessive-compulsive about the platinum trophies, that does not extend to paying for DLC.

Figure out what makes you happiest, and do that.  And don't worry about what everybody else thinks, because they don't have to live your life.

• Like 1

I'm of the opinion that a 100% profile with hidden games looks worse than a 99.99% profile with no hidden games.  Not your fault a trophy is unobtainable, all you can do is do your best to earn what trophies you can earn.  Sometimes I wish this site would mark the unobtainables and have those not count towards your completion only so everyone on the site can get to 100% on here at least without hiding games.  This would make 100% be more of a you've earned all the trophies that are obtainable on your profile, which is still a pretty worthy accomplishment.

But as far as whether you should 100% all your games, that's up to each player.  Anything above 90% is deemed to be pretty respectable, which gives you some wiggle room to avoid or put off stuff you don't like as much but still have accomplished a pretty awesome thing.  When it comes down to it, each person has certain goals in mind to get their profile to and some people are into improving completion, others don't care.  It's up to you to decide what you want your profile to look like.

• Like 3

When I first got here, I wanted to do 100% too, but finding out a couple of games on my list became unobtainable shut that idea down real quick. It's fine though. Go for 100% in the games that you still can, and let the unobtainable trophies be. Don't hide games for the 100% either, nobody will take your profile seriously if you do. 

As for DLC, it's up to you. I bought the DLCs for my incomplete games, because it didn't cost me that much, relatively speaking. I think it cost me $60 or so which isn't a small amount, but not so bad compared to a bigger profile trying to catch up. I still need to buy the DLC for Infinite Warfare, though. Got the money in my PSN wallet but waiting to see if the Digital Deluxe bundle goes on sale again, as that's the best value possible when it drops to $40.

• Like 1

After looking through your list, I couldn't help but notice your completion rate is much lower than I was expecting considering your original post. Best of luck on Fall Guys, Trackmania Turbo and Trials Fusion. Furthermore, I would say just complete what you can because very few players have the platinum's I mentioned.

• Like 2

100% is a pretty toxic mentality but if it's what you want then do it. 

As others have said a 100% profile with hidden games looks bad.if you are going to do it you should either get a 100% profile for real or just not bother. 

My over-all recommendation  is to just play games and chase trophies you enjoy.

• Like 1

I'd say go for it if you feel like giving yourself a challenge.

Perhaps not to 100% though. Maybe aim for something like 70 - 90% overall completion, as it might be more ideal to give you some more wriggle room so you can enjoy what your doing. 100% accounts are impressive, but ultimately it's how much you enjoyed the game that matters.

• Like 2

Attempt if you think you'll find it enjoyable. Once it becomes a job or a source of stress, decide if it's something you really want to do. If you can manage to keep it as a hobby and maintain the enjoyment, all the better. But don't feel married to the idea.

• Like 1

As other people have said, it's entirely up to you - play in a way that you enjoy. If getting and maintaining that 100% appeals to you then go for it, but don't let it become something that sucks the fun out of gaming/trophy hunting. I've been working on bringing my completion up for a while because it's fun for me to revisit games I never finished but I have unobtainables and that's fine to me, even if I hit 99.9% one day I'm not going to be ashamed because I played a game late or something was a buggy mess.

Probably the biggest 100% profile would be Unknown, he quit last year and the only games not at 100% released DLC afterwards. Whether you consider an account with that much ezpz good is a conversation for another time (actually, please don't start that conversation).

• Like 1

I have never encountered a 100% account so far, but I would say got maybe going for 100% in games you know you can do, and then just do as much as you can in the other ones to increase your overall completion percentage. I never bother due to the DLC which keeps messing up my completion %, so I gave up as I don't want to buy all the DLC for games I no longer play

On 5/31/2021 at 7:41 AM, LancashireLad87 said:

After looking through your list, I couldn't help but notice your completion rate is much lower than I was expecting considering your original post. Best of luck on Fall Guys, Trackmania Turbo and Trials Fusion. Furthermore, I would say just complete what you can because very few players have the platinum's I mentioned.

I always liked trophies, but since I started playing The Division and Destiny 2 I completely stopped playing other games, but now I'm taking a break from them.

Up to you. I can't get 100% due to 2 games getting their online cut (wasn't as into 100% things and they got cut before I went back to them). 1 getting DLC delisted (though if someone with the DLC offers to help then I could get this, Scott Pilgrim PS3 and the Wallace DLC). And 3 having fighting game challenges which might be beyond me though I might do if I ever decide to smash my head against them and do them like I did a few fighting games already. The thought did cross my mind to hide them so I could have that 100%... but that makes it artificial and hidden trophies often translate to "cheated" for a bunch of people too.

On 31/05/2021 at 11:41 AM, LancashireLad87 said:

It could be he intends to go back and 100% all those games hence this thread as he his unsure if he should. I did it myself as I went back to do many largely PS3 games that I either left undone or didn't get DLC for. Made my completion go from 91%? to 99% and trophies unearned from 360ish to below 50. Most didn't require boosting though some of the ones that did required some significant boosting, but I had good partners for that and we did a bit every day until it finally all got done. It wasn't a terrible experience by any means but it might be for others.

Sure, it's a goal worth striving for - as long as you don't find it interfering or conflicting with your desire to play new stuff you would otherwise play.

The pursuit of a 100% profile is at the heart of a lot of Trophy hunting.

The best advice though is to remember - 100% is an ideal to be striven for, not the be-all and end-all.

It might become (or already be) impossible (it is for a lot of us) - but the joy is in the journey, not the arriving.

Have that shiny, golden 100% as the beacon that guides you, but don't allow yourself to feel less than you are, if you don't (or can't) ever actually reach it. 

The fun is in seeing how close you can get, without burning out or dying in the process!

• Like 1