Mercenaries SSS Ranks NO BLUE ORBS Beginner Guides

Optinooby

3 hours ago, Mojo-9000 said:

You absolute legend. Got SSS on my first try mimicking your run on the Village, even dropped my combo toward the end of the third stage. Brilliant video and commentary. Going to try the next level tomorrow. Thank you!

Hopefully the rest will work out that well XD!! There all pretty clean runs except for the end of the Mad Village

3 hours ago, ZomBowner said:

Using your guides so I can get the lightsaber.

Can I use the lightsaber for following your knife only guide and get the trophy? Or do I have to use knife

Thanks 

I cant say for sure yet on that as that is something I have planned to do AFTER I have the first platinum walkthrough up (I may do a few) 

I imagine it would as it is still a melee weapon, and im sure ive read a random comment somewhere that it worked. Cant recall where I read as I view everything everywhere, but sure somewhere said it worked! 

Its a great way to do it actually as the lightsaber recovers health as well as one hit kills most things, I just left it out on this 1 as SS isnt a platinum requirement and figured a bit more practice may be good before Mercs

Although now I know the story doesnt really prepare you for Mercs xD! So doesnt really matter when u do it! 

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Hope these help ;)

These are the gold standard guides for RE8 Mercs now. These are going to help a lot of ppl for a long time, thanks for your hard work on these.

Edited by Mojo-9000
  • Like 1

Thank you Optinoob. These videos have the best tips and commentary around. I still struggled but used the blue orbs for additional bonuses.

I needed both areas on Factory 2 as I always lost my combo! I also run out of handgun ammo on Castle 2 (Area 3) but luckily had 1 magnum bullet left and lined up the last two enemies with it. Was tight! Great guides.

@Optinooby

I gotta say your guides are top notch. I wouldnt have gotten the platinum for Village if not for your guides. HATED Mercenaries, LOL! Couldnt believe people actually complained about you pausing so you can explain why you do what you do and/or what you will do so the people watching can be prepared. 

I followed a guide for God of War on this site, had all the locations of collectibles...even had a build to easier deal with the Valkyries end game. I just went back to check who's it was and of course it was yours.

I've subbed to your youtube with likes and the works. Thanks again and you have another fan for my gaming life!

Edited by Gryfter

1 hour ago, Gryfter said:

@Optinooby

I gotta say your guides are top notch. I wouldnt have gotten the platinum for Village if not for your guides. HATED Mercenaries, LOL! Couldnt believe people actually complained about you pausing so you can explain why you do what you do and/or what you will do so the people watching can be prepared. 

I followed a guide for God of War on this site, had all the locations of collectibles...even had a build to easier deal with the Valkyries end game. I just went back to check who's it was and of course it was yours.

I've subbed to your youtube with likes and the works. Thanks again and you have another fan for my gaming life!

It was only 1 or 2 that complained, but they deleted the comment when I had tried clicking on the notification XD. Very odd comment as is a guide, made me/us laugh ;)

Yea GoW is actually something I plan on running soon for the Channel, its good ive done most the work already! 

Im glad you found the GoW text guide helpful, I dont do many text guides now as trying to put them on youtube as it takes less time. Last text guide I did here was my Control 100% guide. 

Thanks my friend, I really appreciate the support

• Like 2

On 6/1/2021 at 5:08 PM, ZomBowner said:

Using your guides so I can get the lightsaber.

Can I use the lightsaber for following your knife only guide and get the trophy? Or do I have to use knife

Thanks 

I did my knife only playthrough using the lightsaber and got the trophy. So I confirm it will work for anyone wondering.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...