Mercenaries SSS Ranks NO BLUE ORBS Beginner Guides

Optinooby

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

Would anyone believe me if I said I encountered a glitch (Castle 2 Stage 4) where enemies stopped attacking me? No idea how that happened. It was actually a little annoying because I was trying to bank my S Rank by letting them defeat me. Bet it'll never happen again.  

you could always use the video capture feature built into the ps. i had that giant boss at the beginning of the game swing his weapon and glitch into the house and hit me lol

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Lifesaver, I thought this was a plat blocker - the first 4 stages with the shotgun were pretty fun but I had no hope on village 2.

After watching these vids, it’s just a matter of knowing the spawn points and manipulating enemies to keep the combo as high as possible - did mad village 2 first try.

village of shadows run now for plat! Boom!

Thanks OP. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Old post, but I have to say THANKS!!!, the way you made this videos and how you take the time to explain why you are doing everything help me to go from barely getting A to get SSS, the trophy and even the lightsaber.

Thanks again and you have gained a new suscriber ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

These are amazing! Decided to start with mercenaries as I bought the all access voucher on sale and wanted to knock these out before the campaign. These are really helping, already a couple of levels down within an hour. The fact you pause and explain what’s going on is excellent, maybe getting combo king a breeze! Thank you!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'll be adding SSS rank guides for all new characters over the coming weeks. Just some finding for now in terms of modifiers and such.

CHRIS.

I've not played with others yet, just Chris and I did some testing with his abilities.

Onslaught increases Fists damage by 150% (400 to 1000 straight punch).

Onslaught increase Firearm damage by 75% (210 to 367 body shot).

Onslaught increases Hand Grenade damage by 150% (2500 to 6250).

Onslaught increase Target Locator damage by 150% (13000 to 32500).

Straight Punch increases the most if you use it to finish enemies, about 25% to onslaught gauge. Though if you have the Straight Punch perk from the shop, you get about 35% per kill.

The Cross Punch perk seems to increase the gain more than with the straight for basic attacks, though it's still no way near the massive default straight punch gain on kills.

Way to go so far with Chris is to use only the Pistol and Straight Punch. Sell everything else, buy the Straight Punch perk then work on upgrading damage for these.

Then you just use Straight Punch to gain onslaught, then rip enemies to shreds with your pistol while it is active.

After max upgarding the Straight Punch, you can one hit kill the general mobs, so you can easily go:

Straight Punch > Straight Punch > Straight Punch > Onslaught (use Pistol) > Straight Punch > Straight Punch > Straight Punch > Onslaught > Etc

Would have been nice to use the Rifle, but ammo runs dry mega fast, whereas the Pistol swims in it!!

I may work out similar numbers for the others when I get to them, will see how I go.

Chris already is much easier than Ethan due to Onslaught alone!!

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

Here we have a perfect combo on The Bloody Village II with Ethan, without the benefit of using blue ability orbs.

Here’s my Mercenaries playlist, with a number of Hard stage world records and other no-blue-orb perfect combos:

Yes, I stole obtinooby’s picture of a blue orb with a red line going through it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lerodemmy said:

Here we have a perfect combo on The Bloody Village II with Ethan, without the benefit of using blue ability orbs.

Here’s my Mercenaries playlist, with a number of Hard stage world records and other no-blue-orb perfect combos:

Yes, I stole obtinooby’s picture of a blue orb with a red line going through it.

Somebody else mad enough to play without Blue Orbs xD.

I've been playing the new maps, but I really can't be bothered with no blue orbs again!! 

Great score on BR2, I've only managed 2,46 with Chris and don't really fancy pushing for more!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Somebody else mad enough to play without Blue Orbs xD.

I've been playing the new maps, but I really can't be bothered with no blue orbs again!! 

Great score on BR2, I've only managed 2,46 with Chris and don't really fancy pushing for more!