Tips to boost the online trophies

zichuan

And this is the strategy:

1. Go to player match mode.
  2. Select a court and set the rules as: 5 games and 6 sets with tie breaker on.
  3. Invite your friend and begin the match.
  4. One player should win a set then allow the other to win the next one (including the tie breaker).

The final result should be like this:
You: 7/6/7/6/7
Friend: 6/7/6/7/6
or vice versa.

By doing this, you will earn around 350-359 XP which is a lot and can make the grinding a little less painful.

Credit to White-Wolf.

And this is the strategy:

1. Go to player match mode.
  2. Select a court and set the rules as: 5 games and 6 sets with tie breaker on.
  3. Invite your friend and begin the match.
  4. One player should win a set then allow the other to win the next one (including the tie breaker).

The final result should be like this:

You: 7/6/7/6/7

Friend: 6/7/6/7/6

or vice versa.

By doing this, you will earn around 350-359 XP which is a lot and can make the grinding a little less painful.

Credit to White-Wolf.

Not that I'm discouraging you, but good luck with that. You got to consider the servers' capabilities to make you stay online for that long match. Most of the time, you'll get disconnected despite both players have good internet connection.

The Online Master trophy is a pain in the ass if you grind it legit like I did.

Not to mention those already ranking above you (Rank A1 are mostly active right now), the game sucks at match making. I did end up going against rank A1 most of the time and I'm just happen to be at level G1. It's depressing I tell you when you got owned by those above you and send you insulting messages when you give up the game and don't fight.

I just let them beat me, coz how can you fight back if no matter what I do, rank A1 players are quick, stronger and got more angles. But you'll be good sooner or later, and be able to match with the top ranks once you get used to it. Anyway, that's just an option in case you can't find a player dedicated enough to get that trophy.

Good thing I'm done with that. So good luck on your long journey ahead.

Not that I'm discouraging you, but good luck with that. You got to consider the servers' capabilities to make you stay online for that long match. Most of the time, you'll get disconnected despite both players have good internet connection.

The Online Master trophy is a pain in the ass if you grind it legit like I did.

Not to mention those already ranking above you (Rank A1 are mostly active right now), the game sucks at match making. I did end up going against rank A1 most of the time and I'm just happen to be at level G1. It's depressing I tell you when you got owned by those above you and send you insulting messages when you give up the game and don't fight.

I just let them beat me, coz how can you fight back if no matter what I do, rank A1 players are quick, stronger and got more angles. But you'll be good sooner or later, and be able to match with the top ranks once you get used to it. Anyway, that's just an option in case you can't find a player dedicated enough to get that trophy.

Good thing I'm done with that. So good luck on your long journey ahead.

Thanks for the concern. The server is really a big problem cause I got delay and dic all the time. However, I found someone to boost, and our connection was just fine. Amazing I would say. He went from B4 to B2 in 2 hours. It's much faster than doing it alone.

• 6 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I don't intend to necrobump this thread but I've read a great tip regarding online rank A5 on trueachievements (https://www.trueachievements.com/a150352/online-master-achievement).

You and your partner can idle - boost the XP by just letting the Vita run and keeping your stick pushed to the right while charging the Vita all the time. 

This way, a match can take around two hours, but you do get the ~300 xp for each match (the person setting up the match always loses and gets a few less xp). You'll have to start a new match manually so a minimum of effort is required, but I guess that for some people this approach seems a little more adequate than boosting actively.  The servers are quite stable, @Himmanoj11107and me had a reasonable number of disconnects until now (we are B-ranked already).

Edited by Bizzy_Montana_
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah, to add some information for anyone who still needs it. Just got the trophy for reaching A rank yesterday and thankfully A5 is all that is required.

Found the servers to be a bit hit and miss on occasions when playing with people in same region as me and from places like the USA, and therefore decided it was better to play it safe.

Playing 5 set matches with 3 games per set was getting us around 180XP and that made pretty decent progress towards A rank. Certainly the B ranks are a bit of a slog to get through, but being able to just leave the vita to autoserve and then just sorting out the tie breakers made it far more manageable. 

Scores like 4-3,3-4,4-3,3-4,4-3 worked out well and made sure we were banking the points. Learned quickly that going through most of a normal length match and then having the servers disconnect us was not fun for anyone involved.

Hope this helps someone.

• 1 year later...

I have two questions.

I want to start this game and i have 2 Ps Vita, so i can self boost this trophy.

How long does it take if i start from scratch?

Is it better to use the method above, or is there a faster way if i just boost for my main account?

Thanks