Which game do you think should get a VR version / VR update?

Prometheous101

I was thinking of  "Everybodys gone to the rapture" .Might work better as a Vr title.

Devs wanted the focus on the enviroment , VR would make that a lot easier and the Slower controls would make sense as faster movement makes a lot of people sick,including me. (EDIT: Motion Sickness is a temporary thing, I no longer get sick)

Post your ideas here. :)

Edited by Prometheous101
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

you’ve played only some of the worst games VR has to offer

On this account. Though I have tried RE7 and BL2, I didn't find them particularly amazing due to the limitations of the hardware; that's why I said "in its current form".

Maybe in another decade it'll be a better experience, but wearing a helmet with a TV strapped to it is the epitome of "gimmicky".

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Helyx said:

I personally don't like VR since it's (at least in its current form) a janky gimmick. It's the pet rock of gaming mediums.

15 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Edit: I could see why you’d say that as you’ve played only some of the worst games VR has to offer. Where TWD: Saints and Sinners, Superhot VR, ASTROBOT?!

All ez pez platinum games,no wonder he dont like it. Play some VR specific games, dont do skyrim like my friend,it doesnt have any VR mechanics, play Superhot ,Pistol Whip ,Until Dawn Rush Of Blood.Anything with decent gameplay.

• Like 1

I’d personally really like to see a fishing game offered in VR. I really enjoyed Everybody’s Golf, so maybe another golf game, but less cartoonish. Another idea would be guitar hero live. It was interesting how they put a real crowd into the game, I bet that would be even cooler in VR. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 01. 06. 2021. at 4:12 PM, Shinoda_2qx said:

I’d personally really like to see a fishing game offered in VR. I really enjoyed Everybody’s Golf, so maybe another golf game, but less cartoonish. Another idea would be guitar hero live. It was interesting how they put a real crowd into the game, I bet that would be even cooler in VR. 

There are multiple fishing games on PSVR.
Final Fantasy XV Monster OF The Deep - more arcady gamey game
Catch & Release - Chilling on a lake Simulator, do whatever you want kind of game,somwehat open world
and a few others.

Edited by Prometheous101
  • Like 2

Theres a very good, rather underplayed game called Observation that I think would work very well with VR - the game is played almost entirely from fixed-point, panning cameras, with the player switching between them, so it would avoid the motion sickness issues that free-movement causes, but would still add immersion. 

You might think "well, if it's played through cameras, then moving them with your head makes no sense"...

...but in the game, you are playing the part of an AI, so I think natural movement controlling machine technology would actually make you feel far more "in character" as a HAL -like Artificial being

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

I think the Killzone and Resistance trilogies would make relatively cheap and easy ports for Sony and they should also be able to give them optional flat screen 4K 60fps support to appeal to the non-VR crowd. The Motorstorm series could also make a great 4K/VR trilogy. Would be a way to give the PS VR 2 library, and as a bonus the regular PS5 library, a big boost with relatively little investment. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

I think the Killzone and Resistance trilogies would make relatively cheap and easy ports for Sony and they should also be able to give them optional flat screen 4K 60fps support to appeal to the non-VR crowd. The Motorstorm series could also make a great 4K/VR trilogy. Would be a way to give the PS VR 2 library, and as a bonus the regular PS5 library, a big boost with relatively little investment. 

I agree completely. They ported Doom 3 straight into VR, upscaled the graphics and called it a day but it works so well because it doesn't demand a lot from the headset in terms of graphics and processing power. Killzone would be really cool 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd really like to see Elite Dangerous in VR on consoles. I am aware that it already has VR on PC and everyone keeps yelling that the game is too demanding to be a vr game on ps4... but they like ... said the same thing to the base version of Elite Dangerous ... and the first major Update Horizons ... and the second update Odyssey ... yet for some reason they somehow manage to make it work on ps4.

... Also not to mention that No Mans Sky also has a very good (in my opinion) VR mode.

Apart from that I agree with games like Everybody's Gone to the Rapture / Vanishing of Ethan Carter. Motorstorm would get my support just because I want to play a modern version of Motorstorm, ideally with a multiplayer hub like they kind of had on PS Home on the PS3. Would benefit the "Festival" character that the first two entries in the series had.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...