Which game do you think should get a VR version / VR update?

Prometheous101

I'm surprised that they've not re-done those Resident Evil on rails shooters from the Wii/PS3 in VR yet. I know they're on PS Now but it's not the same with a regular controller.

Reckon The Last of Us would make for a good VR title. Having to look around whilst sneaking so you don't make any noise and knock stuff over accidentally could be tense. Throw in a hardcore mode where the VR mic picks up sounds and you've got a real challenge.

Off the back of that, the actual Until Dawn could work. Those segments where the controller has to be kept still could easily translate into VR.

• Like 3

An open world racing game in the same vein as Forza Horizon or the upcoming Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown. Would be pretty cool to just drive around, explore, take in the sights, and do racing events at your leisure. Especially if the game has a dream car of yours. I’d dust off the racing wheel for that. And Visage.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, AgentSmiz said:

Reckon The Last of Us would make for a good VR title. Having to look around whilst sneaking so you don't make any noise and knock stuff over accidentally could be tense. Throw in a hardcore mode where the VR mic picks up sounds and you've got a real challenge.

Off the back of that, the actual Until Dawn could work. Those segments where the controller has to be kept still could easily translate into VR.

1. The Inpatient - Prequel to Until Dawn a PSVR exclusive I believe.

2. Walking Dead Saints and Sinners Or Walking Dead Onslaught

3.Arizona Sunshine .

Simmilar to the things you said.

17 hours ago, NMErickson said:

An open world racing game in the same vein as Forza Horizon or the upcoming Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown. Would be pretty cool to just drive around, explore, take in the sights, and do racing events at your leisure. Especially if the game has a dream car of yours. I’d dust off the racing wheel for that. And Visage.

Driveclub Vr and Dirt Rally support Vr and Wheel controls.Not exactly open wolrd but still decent games tbh.

• Like 1

Ive always wanted a MMORPG VR title.

I know there was one on kick starter a while back; (about a year can't recall the title)

But something akin to .hack// (twilight/GU) or sword art online ( there 'arts' system as demonstrated in 1st ep) with maybe final fantasy / breath of fire elements 

• Like 1

I think arguably the game that missed out on VR the most is LittleBigPlanet, considering how many peripherals and gimmicks like Vita and Move Controller were used in Little Big Planet 2 I think it's such a wasted opportunity.

This is especially apparent considering that Astro Boy Rescue is the best game ever to be released in VR and I mean, it's literally Little Big Planet but with little robots instead of little sackboys.

It would have been the best exclusive for VR and a huge seller for PSVR, and also revived the long lost Little Big Planet which has seriously been ignored in recent years. LBP not even getting its own game in the entire lifespan of PS4...

Building your own 3D stages in VR, and having 4 or more friends exploring a world you built? I honestly can't think of a wasted opportunity more than LBP without a VR mode.

Instead we got the decidedly average,

"Sackboy : A big adventure" on PS5

Which insultingly, they couldn't even call it "A little big adventure" for some insane and likely out of touch reason

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I think arguably the game that missed out on VR the most is LittleBigPlanet, considering how many peripherals and gimmicks like Vita and Move Controller were used in Little Big Planet 2 I think it's such a wasted opportunity.

This is especially apparent considering that Astro Boy Rescue is the best game ever to be released in VR and I mean, it's literally Little Big Planet but with little robots instead of little sackboys.

It would have been the best exclusive for VR and a huge seller for PSVR, and also revived the long lost Little Big Planet which has seriously been ignored in recent years. LBP not even getting its own game in the entire lifespan of PS4...

Building your own 3D stages in VR, and having 4 or more friends exploring a world you built? I honestly can't think of a wasted opportunity more than LBP without a VR mode.

Instead we got the decidedly average,

"Sackboy : A big adventure" on PS5

Which insultingly, they couldn't even call it "A little big adventure" for some insane and likely out of touch reason

Fun Fact - Dreams have full PSVR support + improved Vr graphics on Ps5

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr_Bandicoot93 said:

Outlast 1 1f600.png I would die haha 

Plenty of Horror games in Vr - including RESIDENT EVIL 7 , Layers of Fear, Exorcist , Blair Witch and many more if horror interests anyone.

Although Outlast in Vr would be cool definetly.

3 hours ago, Gecko-Byte said:

Visage

Same as I have just said, many horrror games for horror lovers in Vr. Havent heard of Visage so I cant compare it to any specific horror game.

Psvr is a great console to have as a Horror Fan.

On 2021-11-02 at 5:38 AM, Prometheous101 said:

Same as I have just said, many horrror games for horror lovers in Vr. Havent heard of Visage so I cant compare it to any specific horror game.

Psvr is a great console to have as a Horror Fan.

Visage is already like all other VR games, just doesn't have the VR support. But it is likely the best actual Horror game available right now. It is generally the most scariest I have played to date. The feeling of extreme dread is always looming with the constant fear of unease due to the atmosphere. Outlast and or Amnesia does not even come remotely close to shaking a stick at Visage in any way, shape, or form. A must play for any horror fan.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Heretic Shadow of the Serpent Riders VR would be awesome. The floating mages and their voices in VR, and the final boss battle (D'Sparil) in VR would be a treat. It would be better than a Doom 1 classic VR edition, or even a Doom 2 classic VR edition. However, only someone who played Heretic all the way through will agree with me here. Everybody else is going to vote for making a Doom 2 VR port first, or even a Duke Nukem VR, simply because more people played the Doom games and Duke 3d back then.

You know what, scratch that, I just remembered... The above is my #2 choice for this. Unreal Tournament G.O.T.Y. (the 2001 game) in VR is the one that would seriously impress people. Just the low-gravity twin skyscrapers level and the floating space pyramid level by themselves would be enough to sell a well-done VR port of the finished version of the original Unreal Tournament. I didn't even like deathmatch-style multiplayer shooters back then (it was never my preferred genre, I was more of an rpg type of guy), and even I thought that those stages were awesomely entertaining.

Edited by ValkerianCreator
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/1/2022 at 3:27 AM, MrTacoNinja said:

What game? Shiiiiiit.... EVERY game! ?

This is the correct answer.

On a serious note, from games I recently played I would welcome Cyberpunk 2077, Ghostrunner (although we have Sairento), Fatal Frame series and Bugsnax.

I'd also like Bloodborne VR but I am not sure how gameplay would translate to VR, then again I'd settle just for exploring the world from first person like that.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to see a Farcry game ported to VR, it seems like it'd be a fairly easy title to adapt. Then maybe something like Metro Exodus? The main thing for me is more games with actual meat to them - after playing Skyrim VR I'm left rather disappointed with how proof of concept-esque many available VR titles are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Investigator said:

Alien Isolation

Detroit Become Human, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls

Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Life is Strange, Before the Storm

Murdered Souls Suspect

Thief

Until Dawn

The Inpatient is an Until Dawn VR only prequel game exclusive to PSVR. 

Heavy on player choices, mutliple endings and since story takes in The Asylum featured in Until Dawn there is plenty of backstory for the original game. 

UNTIL DAWN RUSH OF BLOOD - ALSO PSVR exclusive. On the rails shooter, In my opinion even after I have finished over 60 games I consider Rush of Blood in my top 10 PSVR games. 

While there isnt any game that is exactly like Alien Isolation there is plenty of Horror Survival games - Walking dead Saints and Sinners & Walking dead Onslaught. Resident Evil 7, If you do some googleing or look on the store you can probably find some good VR horror games that fit you. 

30 minutes ago, FocusDR said:

I play at a friends house, and I liked Superhot. I also like the game Chivalry so for me I’d love to see some sort of medieval bow and arrow type of VR game. Maybe not so chaotic as Chivalry though 

Horror roguelike whereyou fight with Bow and arrow/ Crossbow with a button for shield. 

Rated as a 10/10 difficult platinum with over 100+hours for the plat. 

One of my favourite games to play when I am bored. 

It does get a bit repetitive after 50+ hours, so I would reccomend taking a few months pause after the first 25/30 hours. 

Its more like Risk of Rain 2 but its a horror game. 

Edited by Prometheous101

On 02/11/2021 at 4:48 AM, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Ive always wanted a MMORPG VR title.

I know there was one on kick starter a while back; (about a year can't recall the title)

But something akin to .hack// (twilight/GU) or sword art online ( there 'arts' system as demonstrated in 1st ep) with maybe final fantasy / breath of fire elements 

Zenith Vr had released a few months ago. I hear great things about it. 

Pretty cool player movement for a MMO. 

Plenty of people stll playing it with Without Parole doing VR meetups quite ofte.