Servers shutting down August 31, delisted May 31

13 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

I just bought NFS 2015 recently.  Don't think it has any online trophies though, so there's no rush to get it finished.

This isnt shutting down yet and most likely not in the following few years, but if it does and EA doesnt publish a patch, the game wont even start because it needs a constant connection to the server.

Edited by quickfoozlle
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

That game is online only. 

It requires a constant online connection, yes, but it has no MP trophies, which is what I said earlier.

3 minutes ago, quickfoozlle said:

This isnt shutting yet and most likely not in the following few years, but if it does and EA doesnt publish a patch, the game wont even start because it needs a constant connection to the server.

Well, it only takes about 15-20 hours to plat it apparently, so even if EA announced that it was being shut down in a month's time, that's plenty of time to get it finished.

Edited by StewartBros

I bought Shift's DLC about a month or so ago and done the sole MP trophy. Actually playing the game right now. Pretty sure I can finish it before the shutdown just in case I need to do the online badges to make it easier (thankfully not required). I was thinking of picking up Shift 2 after that but now I'll have to act fast if I want to. Most likely I would go with physical but I hate (immediate) delisting as now the price will probably go up.

22 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

Well, it only takes about 15-20 hours to plat it apparently, so even if EA announced that it was being shut down in a month's time, that's plenty of time to get it finished.

DLC will double the time easily.

4 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

You said it has no online trophies. All trophies are online. 

It's generally accepted that "online" trophies means "multiplayer" trophies. No need to nitpick.

1 minute ago, HaserPL said:

DLC will double the time easily.

Good thing I'm not bothered about the Prestige stuff. ;)

15 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

It's generally accepted that "online" trophies means "multiplayer" trophies. No need to nitpick.

Good thing I'm not bothered about the Prestige stuff. ;)

Online trophies are different too multiplayer trophies in my opinion. Online is anything that requires internet connectivity 

• Like 2

Glad I pretty much have all the online done on all of these games. The only title I'm missing to get a Platinum is Shift 2: Unleashed but I'm saving that one for later, online is already done.

Sad to see the sun setting in the online portion of these games but it was bound to happen at some point. Good thing they're giving us a 3-month notice ahead of time. Well done there, very much appreciated!

There's but one online trophy I'm missing in the DLC of the original NFS: Shift, if anyone is looking to get that out of the way as well, reach out to me and we can work on it.

Anyone thinking of starting shift 2 I'd recommend not doing. The first game was fantastic but the sequel looked worse. Has really nasty online trophies and worst of all has unacceptable input lag which makes the game 10x harder than it should be. This game was the reason I stopped forcing myself to finish games back when I was a trophy hunter.

I agree, they should have at least given a warning at least a week beforehand minumum(preferably with a permanent price cut but beggars cant be choosers). But im guessing this is probably the first mass delisting to happen since the store shutdown reversal and i assume the date was chosen when the shutdown was initially planned to happen.