Do NOT buy this game yet

ChanelOberlin494

The notification sound is basically the game auto saving in the background but failing thus the error. I am playing on PS5.

I wonder if it's just episode 4 but unfortunately I kept dying before I could finish it. Since it doesn't auto save, if your character dies, you will get thrown back to beginning of episode 4 with everyone alive thus negating any progress made.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Thalia88 said:

Ohh okay thanks. I'll try not to die.

Do update us if you manage to reach ep 5 and whether the bug still happen there. I find ep 4 to be longer and more confusing than the previous 3 which makes it even more annoying.

• Like 2

I ended up contacting Sony. The game kept error of for me, and while I was recording to show them the issue it happened multiple times, followed by a complete hard crash of my console which ended up corrupting my external hard drive and caused a full reset of the console.

Needless to say I’ve been fully refunded my purchase. I’m usually willing to wait and give games a chance but not when the bug isn’t just game breaking but potentially console breaking too.

• Like 3

Thanks for the heads up. Definitely sucks though. Was cautiously interested in this game and was thinking of getting it when the physical edition releases later this month. I'm still interested, assuming it does get fixed eventually, but sadly, a lot of games like this that release broken are often always broken/glitchy in some way. It's really depressing how there's been so many games like this in recent years as well.

The trophy list certainly seemed kind of lazy based on the platinum's "requirements" which isn't a great sign, definitely made it seem like they didn't really care about this port that much.

1 hour ago, ChanelOberlin494 said:

I ended up contacting Sony. The game kept error of for me, and while I was recording to show them the issue it happened multiple times, followed by a complete hard crash of my console which ended up corrupting my external hard drive and caused a full reset of the console.

Needless to say I’ve been fully refunded my purchase. I’m usually willing to wait and give games a chance but not when the bug isn’t just game breaking but potentially console breaking too.

That's insane. At least you got a refund, but it's concerning to know that this game (or any game really) can corrupt your HDD. It's always such a hassle having to re-download and install everything when a HDD or console dies, not to mention having to purchase a new HDD/console, so you have my condolences for this game screwing up your system. Really hope the devs sort this out, completely unacceptable for a game to release in this state.

4 hours ago, Thalia88 said:

Well I died in episode 4 but it did let me save and I could choose another character 1f622.png I have to start the episode again anyways1f644.png

Which difficulty were you on? I was on Poe, going to try playing on James this time and not die.

Edited by Varkovsky
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Varkovsky said:

Which difficulty were you on? I was on Poe, going to try playing on James this time and not die.

I was on Poe playing with Ernest. When I enter the game today it had deleted all my progress without having an error! I was lucky that I had a saved game data on the cloud. So annoying and it's a shame because I'm enjoying the game.

I've just reached chapter 4, had no issues so far on the PS5. Due to what's been said above though, I've shifted over to my PS4 Pro as I don't want my PS5 to corrupt its SSD... again. It's a pain reinstalling everything. 

I've also contacted my PR contact (as we were given the game for review), they're going to chase the Devs and see if a patch is due and ensure they're aware of the issues stated above. But, as I've not started the fourth chapter yet, I have no input into how it acts.

• Like 3

On 6/2/2021 at 2:17 PM, ChanelOberlin494 said:

Yikes. That’s terrible. Thanks for the warning. Now I definitely won’t be touching this game until they release some major fixes. I hope your console is okay and that you were able to recover at least some of the data. ☹️

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y

Ok I can confirm the bug only occurs during ep 4. I'm not sure about the crashing since it doesn't do that on PS5.

What I did was to complete ep 4 without dying. Once you get to ep5, the game will be saving normally again and you won't hear the error notification popping up every few seconds.

That said, I'm just missing the Shielded by Madness trophy for plat now. If anyone knows how to do that, please check out the other thread I opened for this trophy lol.

• Like 2

Had a reply from the developer via the PR. 

There's an issue (supposedly) with chapter 1 and 4 on both Xbox and PS. However, the chance of it occuring is random and not tied to a specific action. Their solution atm is to restart the chapter to see if it stops, if not, restart again. 

There is a patch coming on 15th June on PS and 18th on Xbox which should resolve the issues. 

I didn't have any issues with the first chapter and only just started chapter 4 after moving back to my Pro (just in case it messes up). 

• Like 3

On 5/31/2021 at 7:32 PM, ChanelOberlin494 said:

Broken and buggy as hell.

the game itself is fantastic, great story, quite tense and creepy and characters progressing to later episodes of they survive is nice too.

However, the game is broken.

On Episode 4 while playing you’ll keep hearing the PSN error ping and see brief glimpses of a code that disappears. Eventually the game crashes. You go to reload, corrupted data, have to restart.

Ive done it three times now and every time only minutes into Episode 4 the game begins to get the error then crashes and corrupts my data.

So yeah, hold off on this game until a) there’s a price cut 

and b] they fix this awful error that’s legit gamebreaking

Yep, it's happened to me too :( sucks cuz imt loving the game otherwise