Are the controls broken?

Ivotas

Hey guys, please let me put in a little disclaimer before you guys think that this is going to be just a thread where someone is expressing his frustrations simply because of lacking skills. So that said, I'd like to go ahead and admit that I'm not the greatest gamer and definitely not super skilled with the Street Fighter controls. I loved SF2 back on the SNES and I really liked the Alpha series (heck, I even enjoyed EX more than I should have). So I AM familiar with the controls and how the combos have evolved. Doesn't mean however that I ever managed to master any of the high level skill but the point is I'm not a absolute beginner with this series who doesn't get anything.

So with that out of the way I want to go to my real problem. Are the controls broken? What do I mean by that? I mean that there is simple moves that I should have no problems pulling off, that mostly fail. And when I manage to actually DO pull them off, then I honestly didn't do anything differently. The most promiment example would be Ryu`s Hadoken. I mean I'm familiar with this move for decades now and it never changes. And I can use it often. But when I started with the trials it took me various attempts to actually pull it off before it was a success. I have no idea why it was so tough but that really happened. Another example just happened yesterday. I was doing Gen's trials and I got stuck at #2 "Jyasen". Again it's pretty much a super easy move but I kid you not when I say that it took me several dozen attempts until I managed to successfully pull it off. And once I finaly managed to pull it off I couldn't tell you what I did differently even if my life depended on it.

So while I admit that there is a lot of frustration speaking in my when launching this thread, I really am perfectly calm when I'm actually asking you guys for help. Is it really just my lack of skill or are there some things with the controls that I might check on before doing the trials? Because so far I'm having troubles with what many of you would consider easy trial moves so it would really break me if by some lucky chance I actually do correct inputs on the super hard combos only for the move not to work because of what I just described. So yeah guys, if there's any helpful tipps at all that you can share with me, I'd be eager to listen to them. The trials are pretty much the final thing that's keeping me from the platinum.

Anyways, thanks for reading.^^

It's your lack of skill TBH.  The inputs are much easier than in past games.  Heck, there are even shortcut inputs to make moves come out easier.  This sounds cliche, but practice motions in training mode ( on both sides).  Do your Hadouken ten times in a row.  If you fail doing it ten times in a row, do it again.  You simply need to practice.  That's all it is.

Edited by grimydawg___
  • Like 4

I see. Then I really don't get it as I honestly don't see me doing anything different from when I'm being successful compared to all the failures. But thanks a bunch for your feedback. I guess I should just move on with something else then as it appears this is as far as I can go with this game. :(