Crysis Remastered Trilogy (October 15th, 2021)

ziggypossum

40 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

Good to know! Thanks. 

I saw a digital foundry video and from my understanding, performance mode was the best option. Quality mode was struggling to maintain a constant 60 fps and it didn't even look that different from performance mode. Not to mention it has dynamic resolution and so it never actually reaches the targeted/intended 1800p which is hilarious..

Then there's ray tracing mode which performs similar to quality mode albeit looks nicer. 

I mean to tell you the truth, obviously the ps5 version is better than the ps4, but my goodness it's just not optimized well in terms of what the ps5 is capable of doing. 

Of course. That problem is based in the original crysis code, which wasnt made for multi thread cpus. I expect crysis 2 and 3 to run much smoother since they came out in a time where multi thread cpus were already standard. Quality mode is ok in crysis 1 on ps4. There are areas where it drops into the low 50s but most of the time it's between 55 and 60 which is acceptable. I think just the rt mode is kinda broken but since it's not real hardware based RT and just the software based version i don't miss it. I hope we get hardware based pc like RT in Crysis 2 and 3 on PS5 even tho it's just BC optimization.

• Like 1

Not a fan of the online getting taken off honestly as I felt the online for especially Crysis 2 was real nice. They had a nice opportunity to scrap both game's online but create a new online with whatever improvements they can think off all these years later. However, it will certainly make it a smoother experience for people going for the trophies, though I recall... 3? Having a campaign trophy which was wonky.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/7/2021 at 8:51 AM, PooPooBlast said:

Good to know! Thanks. 

I saw a digital foundry video and from my understanding, performance mode was the best option. Quality mode was struggling to maintain a constant 60 fps and it didn't even look that different from performance mode. Not to mention it has dynamic resolution and so it never actually reaches the targeted/intended 1800p which is hilarious..

Then there's ray tracing mode which performs similar to quality mode albeit looks nicer. 

I mean to tell you the truth, obviously the ps5 version is better than the ps4, but my goodness it's just not optimized well in terms of what the ps5 is capable of doing. 

C1 Remastered isn't optimized well to run on anything. Everyone is really better off just playing the original on PC. A modern day gaming rig could handle it at max easily.

Edited by mcnichoj
It double posted.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

C1 Remastered isn't optimized well to run on anything. Everyone is really better off just playing the original on PC. A modern day gaming rig could handle it at max easily.

that's not necessarily true. Crysis 1 has a huge bottle neck in cpu power, since it can't handle multicore CPU threads the way modern games can, so a current good cpu still struggles with crysis 1. It's almost impossible to run the full game on locked 60 fps for every single second. Especially the vtol level ascension still causes a lot of trouble these days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, westersburg said:

that's not necessarily true. Crysis 1 has a huge bottle neck in cpu power, since it can't handle multicore CPU threads the way modern games can, so a current good cpu still struggles with crysis 1. It's almost impossible to run the full game on locked 60 fps for every single second. Especially the vtol level ascension still causes a lot of trouble these days.

>60 fps

Oof. If a PC is running an old game in the double digits, that's not a modern machine. My PC from 2019 never dipped below 100 FPS. While not consistent as it jumps all over the place from 100 to 200 during gameplay, you would never be able to tell with the naked human eye.

17 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

>60 fps

Oof. If a PC is running an old game in the double digits, that's not a modern machine. My PC from 2019 never dipped below 100 FPS. While not consistent as it jumps all over the place from 100 to 200 during gameplay, you would never be able to tell with the naked human eye.

I highly doubt that during the ascension level but ok. Also i'm obviously talking about max setting graphics not low settings to optimize fps. Just watch this:

Edited by westersburg

4 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

You guys are playing the wrong platform if you want the best of the best. Judging by some of the posters here, they already have the best of the best, so this is a rather pointless discussion regarding the specs.

Yea.. no sorry man. This isn't about wanting the best and it's not pointless to have this discussion. If you're satisfied with the current state of the game then more power to you. 

However, this is a remastered game intended to be an upgraded version of the original so the least thing that customers should expect is for the game to actually harness the power of current gen consoles to the fullest and give us a substantial upgrade. Not to mention, the game should run as advertised. As of my last post, quality mode was never able to hold a stable 60 fps during heavy action moments and that's the ps5 version....

31 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

Yea.. no sorry man. This isn't about wanting the best and it's not pointless to have this discussion. If you're satisfied with the current state of the game then more power to you. 

However, this is a remastered game intended to be an upgraded version of the original so the least thing that customers should expect is for the game to actually harness the power of current gen consoles to the fullest and give us a substantial upgrade. Not to mention, the game should run as advertised. As of my last post, quality mode was never able to hold a stable 60 fps during heavy action moments and that's the ps5 version....

Yeah but i think the biggest mistake was to do crysis 1 as a remaster. A remake would have been necessary to get rid of that CPU limitation which is causing all this trouble on EVERY PLATFORM. TBH The Game got significantly better, compared to the release state and it is a significant upgrade over the ps3/360 version for sure. I expect much more for crysis 2 and 3 and from what we have seen so far, it is a big step into the right direction

• Like 2

3 hours ago, westersburg said:

Also i'm obviously talking about max setting graphics not low settings to optimize fps.

Who the fuck ever was talking about low settings? Again, modern gaming PC; even new games all start out on high settings by default upon first boot up.

20210818100700-1.jpg

Crysis 2 and 3 Remastered should have a smoother launch than the first one's remaster, given that their original versions were made with a later CryEngine built to take advantage of multi-core CPUs. PS4 Pro should be able to run them well, just maybe at 1080p instead of the PS5's 1440p.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2021-crysis-2-remastered-first-look

Besides talking a bit about the C2 remaster, this Eurogamer article says something about Crytek still working on CPU improvements for the first one. I know the PS5 CR drops to around 45 FPS sometimes... hopefully they'll get the FPS a bit more stable. PC versions of the sequels' remasters won't have "Can It Run Crysis?" settings. Console ones lose the performance/quality/raytracing modes but will instead try for a balance. I'd say they've succeeded from the PS5 preview video.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Crysis 2 and 3 Remastered should have a smoother launch than the first one's remaster, given that their original versions were made with a later CryEngine built to take advantage of multi-core CPUs. PS4 Pro should be able to run them well, just maybe at 1080p instead of the PS5's 1440p.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2021-crysis-2-remastered-first-look

Besides talking a bit about the C2 remaster, this Eurogamer article says something about Crytek still working on CPU improvements for the first one. I know the PS5 CR drops to around 45 FPS sometimes... hopefully they'll get the FPS a bit more stable. PC versions of the sequels' remasters won't have "Can It Run Crysis?" settings. Console ones lose the performance/quality/raytracing modes but will instead try for a balance. I'd say they've succeeded from the PS5 preview video.

Refering to the interview with crytek they were saying that they are working on improving CPU usage ON PC. I think the console support might has ended for crysis 1 now.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a feeling it is not going to be worth getting due to how poorly the ps4 one runs so it might be the same for the other two games as well mostly 3 as the 3rd had a lot of crap happening and yeah crytech systems are mostly made for monster pcs while the consoles are basically on the bottom of the list due to how glitchy it can become but we will have to see. I don't want to see another game like say either homefront 2 or kingdom come more kingdom come as that game is a glitchy mess still and homefront took along time to get finally at least not too glitchy but still

7 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

This is confusing. I thought they were strictly PS4 games (with some BC boosts on PS5)? Are there native PS5 releases now? The Tweet says PS5, but the graphic only says PS4. 

Edited by Viper

4 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

Pricing on these is crazy. $30 per game individually or $50 for all 3. Why would anyone buy singles?

They're definitely trying to cash in on the people who bought the first game already. There's a chance if you bought that game you won't be able to buy the Trilogy as the store will recognize that you already have part of it's content, therefore forcing people to spend $60 on 2 and 3 instead of just $50 for all three games.