Japanese Physical Copy

So...apparently now this game is super hard to find but I still see "Japanese region free" copies for significantly less money. 

Does anyone know if these copies are completely played in Japanese or if there's an option to have it play in English...or just any experience with it? 

Appreciate any insight.

• 1 month later...

A bit late sorry but can confirm that the audio, menus and subtitles all change to the consoles factory set region to begin with. At least with the Japanese Region Free Premium Edition with an option to play fully Japanese as well.

I took a gamble and purchased one of these cheaper copies from Japan direct and it has worked a treat ?

Sounds like the Japanese copy is good, but if you're ever in the need of an English copy of a hard to find ps3 game, I'd suggest checking if you have any flea markets in your local area. I bought a copy of Lollipop for $15 at a booth in mine, and other than needing a case replacement, it worked great. 

35 minutes ago, PS_Bowser said:

lol https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-3/games/products/lollipop-chainsaw/10092942.html

Its $15 at Gamestop i'm looking at it right now lol idk why you guys think its expensive and hard to find hahaha

It's almost like you didn't even use your own link. It's not available online (or at least where I'm at, it wasn't), so I'm not sure how that's supposed to be helpful. 

35 minutes ago, PS_Bowser said:

lol https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-3/games/products/lollipop-chainsaw/10092942.html

Its $15 at Gamestop i'm looking at it right now lol idk why you guys think its expensive and hard to find hahaha

Enjoy getting the game with generic case, no manual, and probably scratched to shit. Assuming it actually ships.

Try finding a complete version of this game - unless you get lucky with a local independent retailer - you are probably looking at $50+. Lots of old PS3 games are going up. The Ratchet games (I still need the trilogy), Shadows of the Damned, Puppeteer (I gave my copy away when it was on Plus....damn) all are way up in price. Not Vita game crazy prices, but many are at or above the original retail price

Brought my copy for £40 on e-bay.

Such mediocre reviews, but so many recommendations on this site.

I've enjoyed every minute of it which has taken me by surprise. Yes it's Lewd, but it's also funny especially Nick, satisfying combat and a decent challenge (I'm embarrassed how many times I died on the gondola). The camera can be irritating at times but that's the case with so many hack and slash games.

Hopefully have the platinum tonight.

35 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

It's almost like you didn't even use your own link. It's not available online (or at least where I'm at, it wasn't), so I'm not sure how that's supposed to be helpful. 

It's literally in my local Gamestop on the shelf I just linked it to show its cheap...

35 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Enjoy getting the game with generic case, no manual, and probably scratched to shit. Assuming it actually ships.

Try finding a complete version of this game - unless you get lucky with a local independent retailer - you are probably looking at $50+. Lots of old PS3 games are going up. The Ratchet games (I still need the trilogy), Shadows of the Damned, Puppeteer (I gave my copy away when it was on Plus....damn) all are way up in price. Not Vita game crazy prices, but many are at or above the original retail price

I actually got it in the Gamestop store used for $15 about a year ago with case, manual, and disc works fine....

17 minutes ago, PS_Bowser said:

It's literally in my local Gamestop on the shelf I just linked it to show its cheap...

I actually got it in the Gamestop store used for $15 about a year ago with case, manual, and disc works fine....

You are lucky - Gamestop is quite hit and miss. I didn't know they even still had PS3 games. Up here EB has cleared out all old gen stock.

The pandemic has really impacted prices. I think a lot of smaller stores have either closed shop, or due to pandemic restrictions not been open. So sales have moved online only, with eBay being the only option for a lot of people.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=lollipop+chainsaw+ps3&_sacat=0&_sop=15

There isn't an NA version currently on eBay for less than $50

1 minute ago, diskdocx said:

You are lucky - Gamestop is quite hit and miss. I didn't know they even still had PS3 games. Up here EB has cleared out all old gen stock.

The pandemic has really impacted prices. I think a lot of smaller stores have either closed shop, or due to pandemic restrictions not been open. So sales have moved online only, with eBay being the only option for a lot of people.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=lollipop+chainsaw+ps3&_sacat=0&_sop=15

There isn't an NA version currently on eBay for less than $50

Yeah I bought a ton of used ps3 games because I noticed they were slowly pulling them from stores which sucks because its only going to increase the price to get them online instead. Most gamestops now either removed PS3 games entirely or there's a small selection...

46 minutes ago, PS_Bowser said:

why? Its a great place to get cheap used games for example Last of Us for PS3 is only $0.99

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-3/games/products/the-last-of-us/10098630.html?condition=Pre-Owned

Considering their business practice of selling games for way more than they're willing to give you for them, they also sell you some games with only a paper case and nothing else with no difference in pricing. Places like Ebay or even Amazon will mark up games for being CIB, or lower them for being Disc-only, so you might be paying 15$ for Lollipop Chainsaw (assuming you can even order it now), but you might just get a disc with scratches that let it start up, but ultimately don't let progress past a certain point.

As pointed out earlier, Gamestop has a track record of shipping damaged goods, or just a disc. I've had to return a few games because they're scratched up, and my replacement is only slightly less riddled in said scratches, and I've only ever gotten a game with a case with everything once out of the dozen times I've ordered online.

I'll add that given the legacy of the game and the creator, it's no surprise people would like to have the case and manual to go along with the game to add to their collection. Mileage may vary, but online Gamestop orders are basically a roll of the dice these days, especially with older games.

Edited by Vermilion_Joker
  • Like 1