Playstation's Website continues to get worse: Losing Parties, Friends, & Trophy info June 28th.

MrHealthy

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/important-notice/

As of 28th June 2021, the web feature MyPlayStation will no longer be supported. You can continue to access your Game Library, Parties, Friends, Trophies, Profile information on your PS4 and PS5 consoles, or via mobile on PS App. The Profile and Game Library information will also be available via web on the profile menu dropdown

Don't forget that they are also ending messaging services on the Vita on the same day.

The App doesn't work on my phone. So as someone who does a lot of trophy boosting sessions, and for fun sessions I relied on the ability to access my messages and add friends on the website. I guess I have no choice but to move my PS4 up to my computer going forward. And its just baffling that they continue to actively makes the website experience worse.

Remove this feature if old.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Will trophy sites still be able to access trophy information?

Yes, trophies are still a thing. Only this one website is removing the ability. Nothing to worry about.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, kubj31196 said:

Wait, they are? But can I remove the Messaging app from by Vita then?

Yep, originally announced with the store closure. You can read the notice for it on the link in the first post.

Doubt we will be able to removed the messaging app. Probably just going to have to chuck it in a folder and forget about it.

3 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Am I the only one that had absolutely no clue this "MyPlaystation" thing ever existed? 

The MyPlaystation branding was just the subdomain used for these features. You can access the features from the webstore without seeing the MyPlaystation branding.

• Like 1

Well, that kinda sucks since I still used it for messaging sometimes, but it is what it is. 

2 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Depends on how they pull their information. I heard from Blindmango that PSNP should be fine though.

Because Sly uses magic! :P 

Edited by MidnightDragon

through the website it was still possible to see friends online via ps3 or vita, anyway that site was already outdated long time ago. we hope that integrated discord is a great feature.

2 hours ago, kubj31196 said:

Wait, they are? But can I remove the Messaging app from by Vita then?

The 'Maps' application was removed in a system software update in which they discontinued that feature but for whatever reason the same wasn't done with the 'Near' app when that was discontinued. What's also silly is that Sony technically didn't shut down Near "completely", but rather they only blocked the Near servers from uploading your current location data, preventing you from using core features such as viewing nearby Vita owners (you had to set your zone privacy to public to view anyone else around your location(s) within a given radius. Sony's subtle compition to Snapchat maps, much?) and sending/giving "Game Goods" to your friends.

Since 2017 Near is just a waste of space on your homescreen, this better not be the case for 'Messages' too!

English is not my native language and I hope I misunderstand. Can someone explain to me in simple English if this means that I can't write PSN messages on my webbrowser anymore? And not buy games/putting them in my library on my webbrowser? That would be horrible for me.

Just now, Infernopommes said:

English is not my native language and I hope I misunderstand. Can someone explain to me in simple English if this means that I can't write PSN messages on my webbrowser anymore? And not buy games/putting them in my library on my webbrowser? That would be horrible for me.

The web store is going to be fine. The web chat will be getting removed however.

• Like 1