Anyone having issues with cloud saves?

Just now, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

I certainly hope so, lol. I can't imagine it'll be down for too long, when I've had this issue in the past previously, it rarely lasts much longer than a few days at most.

Yea, seriously doubt it will. xD That would be extreme incompetence even for Sony. For now, got a USB stick.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LadyGallethX3 said:

Hoping they fix that 1000 cap crap. I'm paying a lot of money for cloud save that I have to delete stuff to actually get to use.

yeah no shit.  they want me to keep buying games they should keep expanding the 1000 save cap.  I only have 400 games and still had to delete a bunch of stuff because of games that take up multiple slots.

Managed to back up some more saves tonight, though again, it did keep erroring out a lot of the time. After I uploaded the saves, I tried the same with another game via the upload/download option when hovering over a game tile, but the cloud section never loaded so I gave up and backed out. After that, all the saves on my system across ALL games (even ones I haven't played in a while) just started showing a generic image with the Playstation face buttons. Even showed it when just checking in the system settings itself, not via the cloud.

They went back to normal after rebooting the console, but it was certainly weird, never seen that happen before - I assume maybe the system got "stuck" somehow with trying to check the cloud saves, which caused the issue.

So glad to hear it's not just me! 240 hours into MHW and I thought my saves were somehow collapsing in on themselves. PS5 saves seem to upload ok but I've only attempted once. PS4 MHW saves struggle.

I get a "Can't upload." error message - which is very frustrating! Especially when I google the error code and there's nothing available to check to see what I could be doing to improve it. Half the time the cloud option is greyed out, it can't figure out how much space is left on the cloud, it can't download. The cloud save is now bigger than the local save. I've ordered a USB in the meantime because I will cry if I have to play all the way through to Iceborne again, even with the Iceborne weapons and armour ??

Still, very reassuring to know it's affecting lots of people. I'm also in the UK.

2 hours ago, SmileSlice said:

Is this still not working for anyone?

I’ve tried it this afternoon, and it seems to be working perfectly fine again, on both my PS4 and my Vita. 1f642.png

Just tested it on my PS4, and yeah, it seems fine now. Tried it a few different times to be sure, and the cloud saves are loading at a normal speed now every time, haven't gotten any "cannot obtain information" or NP errors again, yet. Uploading some saves felt maybe a bit slower than usual? But could just be my imagination.

Hopefully it's permanently fixed now and not just intermittent like it has been.

• Like 1

Yes, I'm experiencing that as well.

To get around this, go to your cloud storage (assuming you were able to access it in the first place), remove any outdated save data ("ANY"), and then re-upload your game-specific saves. Because this only serves as a workaround, the problem is not resolved. Once more, you will encounter it.

Edited by cometowner