Nintendo Direct at E3 2021, June 15

ziggypossum

9 minutes ago, ChiefMichigan said:

Not getting my hopes up. Nintendo is hit and miss with E3 and directs in general.

I honestly won't be surprised if there's only a few games I care about that get revealed or shown.

par for the course with all publishers

Assuming they do announce a "Switch Pro", I likely won't get it unless it has some enticing exclusives, and I kinda doubt it will have any kind of exlcusives. May eventually get one anyway if it seems like a decent upgrade, but time will tell. I did eventually get a N3DSXL, but didn't get a single one of its "exclusives", and aside from appreciating games loading and performing a little better on it (and being able to control the camera with the c-stick with the like 3 games I have that support it), I don't really feel like I would have missed out on much if I never got one. I imagine it'll be the same for the Switch, I never did bother getting a PS4 Pro, and have zero reason to now with the PS5.

Anyhow, I'm more interested in what game news they have to announce. I know it's a pipe dream, but I'm still holding out hope for some Metroid Prime 4 and Pikmin 4 news.

Edited by SuperSmexy500

2 minutes ago, plataa89 said:

New Donkey Kong please.

this.

Plus SMT V release date Nov 11.

update us on Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3.

while i think there's a chance Switch gets a new version release, ill believe it when i see it and it better be the start of a new joycon era.

lastly, BotW2 release date for 2022 lol.

all of this or Nintendo will be a bad e3 like everyone else has so far.

Give me a Bayonetta 3 update, Mother collection or at the very least an official English version of Mother 3, more info on Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2, and a 3D Donkey Kong game.

Oh and just for fun, why not announce Super Mario Odyssey 2 as well?

Edited by whodeygamer

Worst case scenario: No news on Metroid Prime 4, SMTV or Bayonetta 3, Mario and Rabbids 2 takes up a chunk of the direct, Last 2 DLC fighters for smash are anime swordsmen and Sakurai retires and no updates on BOTW 2.

Even if this does happen Nintendo will still win E3.

Nintendo has a ton of already announced games that are yet to be released. Some of them have dates, some of them don't.

SMT V news got leaked, so I expect it to be present at the Direct. We haven't heard anything Bayonetta 3 related for too long, she must show up as well. I'm 95% sure we'll see both.

I think it's still too early for a proper Metroid Prime 4 gameplay trailer. Maybe they'll show a teaser, but I don't think they'd do that. I don't expect to see much of BOTW 2 either, but its appearance is more likely.

Other than that, I don't know. They can show more Mario + Rabbids 2 footage. Maybe they'll remind of the new Mario Golf, since its release date is approaching. No More Heroes 3 is a couple of months away. And there are tons more already announced games like Project Triangle Strategy, Splatoon 3 that can show up in some form.

That said, I kinda want to see something new. There hasn't been a new Mario Kart game in 7 years. I know MK8 Deluxe is still selling like hot cakes and never leaves the charts, but come on. The last Donkey Kong is also 7 years old at this point. 

Regarding Switch Pro, I believe it's not a part of the Direct. The tweet says it's going to be 40 minutes of software stuff. I expect Nintendo to announce the new console in a random tweet a month later. Wasn't Switch Lite announced the same way? But who knows. I could be wrong.