This Game Should Have Custom DLC Calculations

To my knowledge, Final Fantasy XIV is the first game on PSN to require DLC to get the platinum. The current way DLC trophy % is calculated doesn't make any sense because to complete the trophy list you must own all of the expansions up to Shadowbringers.

Therefore, the number of owners for the base game and all of the DLC up to Shadowbringers should match.

For instance, the latest trophy pack for the final part of the store, Death Unto Dawn Part 2, is at a rarity of 34.93% (at the time I am creating this post). Whereas Death Unto Dawn Part 1 is at a rarity of 25.83% (at the time of writing this). You must complete part 1 to get to part 2, it doesn't make any sense the way it is being calculated.

When Endwalker comes out, the current DLC calculations would make sense for those trophies and the ones that follow. I'm not sure fits possible for the website to make an exception for this game, but the current system doesn't fit this game.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, I-CatHasTrophy-I said:

Is there a ps5 version of the main game? I thought the ps5 version is a collection including all addons until shadowbringers?

I think the base game still exists on PS5 for $19.99 (starter edition), the Complete edition includes all DLC for $60. Regardless of what you buy or previously upgraded with, all expansions up to Shadowbringers are required for the plat.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 7:14 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

Therefore, the number of owners for the base game and all of the DLC up to Shadowbringers should match.

I get what you are trying to say, but the thing is that even players who play the trial ver. can unlock trophies as well.

This is a huge mess since people that don’t own the expansions are still counted as a percentage to expansion trophies for the main game.

33 minutes ago, DarkAnimaa said:

I get what you are trying to say, but the thing is that even players who play the trial ver. can unlock trophies as well.

This is a huge mess since people that don’t own the expansions are still counted as a percentage to expansion trophies for the main game.

I agree, the whole system is kind of a mess for this game.

Free players have access to the base game and the first expansion, Heavensward. And it's already been hinted at in interviews that Stormblood will be added to it during the 6.0 lifespan.