I hate the brawl shop for what it is (Legendary accessories)

Realtione

They have gone all Fall Guys style skin shop (Fall Guys because it is recent however there are quite a lot examples that most of the recent games go for this shop style) 

I am criticizing this from two perspectives: 

1. Unlike Overwatch you don't know what skins there are, so you are not exactly free to choose

2. It makes trophies chore and a way bigger deal than they are. 

I do not necessarily chase ready-to-go day one plats. This is a game where you need to play for like a month to grab the plat as it has contracts (and quite a lot of them). It is all good as I am up for a challenge but I just don't get those legendaries are this inaccessible. They could have pre-determined skins for street rank (i.e. where you get rewards as you level up) instead of randomizing them and added some legendaries to upper levels. Even if not, they could have added legendaries to an Overwatch style shop and you actually could have bought them on your will for quite an amount of money (like 2000/3000 each). At least it would not feel like a chore as it is luck-based.

fyi: I already got a legendary outfit from street rank rewards however I am not entirely sure if my luck would go for any longer. This is a bit personal rant, a preference but I believe this system just doesn't work for any type of game. 

Also, please bear that in mind that I do not know if legendaries will be purchasable through brawl shop, I haven't seen any yet. The title could be somewhat misleading lol. It could be entirely luck-based through street rank rewards (as it goes up to tier 9). Either way I feel like it would be irritating but to choose between a lesser and greater evil, I hope they would be purchasable and not only reward-based. 

Edited by Realtione

10 hours ago, Elkaroo_ said:

Im not sure if shops are random for each person but i can buy a legendary right now, so hopefully that means all item types are possibe shop items

It should be randomized in a Fall Guys fashion as well. Can you tell the price what a piece of legendary costs? 

12 minutes ago, DangerSpice said:

Legendaries will be purchasable from the Brawl Shop. There was a Legendary Icon yesterday (plus a bunch of free Legendary Pride icons all month), and there will be items for every slot hitting the shop over time as well.

Are the shop items random per player? I've been buying all 100/200 point items to increase the chance a legendary drop (either by level up or in the shop)

Edited by AnimeGamerWeeb
I felt like it

37 minutes ago, AnimeGamerWeeb said:

Are the shop items random per player? I've been buying all 100/200 point items to increase the chance a legendary drop (either by level up or in the shop)

Shops are static for everyone. No need to buy items, you'll get the legendaries at the same time as everyone else. We didn't want to bring legendaries all up front because it might have diluted how good it felt to be lucky with a Legendary drop from Street Rank, but yes, they're all coming over time, nothing special you need to do or buy to get 'em to show up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DangerSpice said:

Shops are static for everyone. No need to buy items, you'll get the legendaries at the same time as everyone else. We didn't want to bring legendaries all up front because it might have diluted how good it felt to be lucky with a Legendary drop from Street Rank, but yes, they're all coming over time, nothing special you need to do or buy to get 'em to show up.

Thanks for clarifying the situation I thought it was dynamic and randomized such as the rewards. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I highly recommend people save all their bucks for the upcoming Heatwave event! Legendary Gloves, Outfit and Glasses will all be purchasable for 800/1200 and 800 respectively, and an Legendary Glider for 65 event tickets.

Edit: i'm level 127 and I have 2050 bucks saved without spending anything.

Edited by WereyCar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WereyCar said:

I highly recommend people save all their bucks for the upcoming Heatwave event! Legendary Gloves, Outfit and Glasses will all be purchasable for 800/1200 and 800 respectively, and an Legendary Glider for 65 event tickets.

Edit: i'm level 127 and I have 2050 bucks saved without spending anything.

Interesting, I only read about the glider. Where did they say about the legendary shop items being added during the event? 

8 hours ago, BlackCatBurrito said:

Interesting, I only read about the glider. Where did they say about the legendary shop items being added during the event? 

Was a post on Reddit I guess they revealed the event and shown off legendary items coming to the store and items you can earn from gathering popsicles on maps.