Too Pure For This World and level select

Brakkis

Nope, for Too Pure For This World, you need to do this in story mode. Moreover, it unlocks after chapter 17, so mudokons must be rescued... Good luck, this platinum is so annoying. Don't forget, if you start a new game ( like me ......... ) you will lose all your progress : keys, chapter select, badges. So, my advice is to do all badges with chapter select, then you can do no deaths runs ( depending on if you want to do it legit or not ). When all badges and no deaths are earned, you can now start a new game saving all mudos and sparing sligs. A little tip which can help you : when you are stealthyn you can knock ennmies pressing square behind then ! 

Sorry for mistakes and conjugation, English is not my native language. 

1 hour ago, Leonkiller-7 said:

Nope

How do you know this, this is something which is very hard to test?? 

How did you test and find this out if you dont mind me asking, had you spoke to the Devs?? 

Ive done level select while going through the Story as I do the Bad Ending Trophy and the Good Ending trophy on the same save along with Too Pure For This World. 

I wouldnt know though if level select counts or not, so I would just ALWAYS try NOT to kill any. 

This is what I usually do and all works out:

1. Play to Level 15 and get Bad Ending avoiding slig kills. 

2. Replay enough levels via level select still avoiding slig kills, but getting good quarma now on 12 levels total to unlock level 16.

3. Now do 16 and 17 to get Good Ending and Too Pure For This World along with No Deaths. 

The above works, but I cant be sure if level select kills count so i always avoid slig kills to be safe.

But if your answer is 'LEVEL SELECT KILLS DONT COUNT', then I could do the following and pop the trophy:

1. Get Bad Ending Trophy while avoiding Slig Kills. 

2. Now level select until you have good quarma on 12 levels in order to unlock level 16, but kill AS MANY SLIGS AS YOU WANT because level select doesnt count.

3. Now do 16 and 17 to get Too Pure For This World and Good Ending

So are you saying I can do the above?? 

I know the first steps method works, but if the one just above works as you say it does, that would have been a little easier as I could kill sligs on level select with no danger as long as i haven't finished story, is that right?? 

Im only asking m8 as im very curious how you believe its a definitive 'NOPE'??? 

Thanks ;)

Edited by Optinooby

I'm not 100% sure but 2 times level select broke my trophies, so I think it's useless to take a risk with it. I would feel bad if after doing 32 levels for one trophy, it doesn't unlock. 

My answer is based on what I see on the web. And I don't understand why do the game 2 times sparing Sligs 

On 06/06/2021 at 0:14 PM, Leonkiller-7 said:

I'm not 100% sure but 2 times level select broke my trophies, so I think it's useless to take a risk with it. I would feel bad if after doing 32 levels for one trophy, it doesn't unlock. 

My answer is based on what I see on the web. And I don't understand why do the game 2 times sparing Sligs 

Ahh, perhaps you should edit your post m8 because it implies that you believe you have 100% confirmation that it doesn't work, it's how misinformation begins

It depends how you look at it, you may not see the point in that and I dont either

To get the platinum, I do 25 levels sparing sligs, then 4 levels killing sligs, 12 of those levels are replays where I have all keys and only need a few badges. Thats 29 levels total for platinum (29 maximum) . Also, the 4 levels I do killing sligs are strategically chosen so its the 4 hardest ones in which it is to keep them alive, so those only are done avoiding kills once, these are Phat Station, Slig Barracks, The Yards and Final Level (level 16 is only played once). 

But most every1 else (including urself?? ), well I guess those following the general route outlined in general guides, do 17 levels not killing sligs and then 20 levels killing sligs, 5+ of those levels are replays with some badges collected already and with keys (some cant be 100% first time)(and thats 37 minimum, depends how many levels need replaying). 

Depends how u look at it, my way is much quicker and a lot of levels are simpler as they are replays meaning less badges and u have keys to get easy loot. My downside is the extra levels not killing sligs, but I feel the upsides outweigh that! 

Edited by Optinooby