Does Observer System Redux PS4 physical have a free upgrade to PS5?

• 1 month later...

Yes. The physical edition and the NEW digital edition has a free upgrade - the original PS5 version on the PSN store doesn't allow you to upgrade as it's PS5 only.

It's confusing - I've asked if they can delist the current PS5 only edition and only sell the cross-buy one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, turniplord said:

Yes. The physical edition and the NEW digital edition has a free upgrade - the original PS5 version on the PSN store doesn't allow you to upgrade as it's PS5 only.

It's confusing - I've asked if they can delist the current PS5 only edition and only sell the cross-buy one.

Are you sure about that? Because I just added System Redux for PS4 to my library without charge. I bought the PS5 version back in January.

On 7/23/2021 at 9:14 PM, wowbagger_84 said:

Are you sure about that? Because I just added System Redux for PS4 to my library without charge. I bought the PS5 version back in January.

They may have updated the backend then - when it launched, it didn't give you the PS4 version for 'free' unless you bought the new version of it. After seeing that, I wrote an email to the PR asking if there was any way it could be assigned so existing PS5 owners also get the PS4 version.

If it now works, then it seems they may have adjusted it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...