How to get Platinum in 150 minutes (Platinum Walkthrough)

Optinooby

Awesome guide! Shame this wasn’t discovered back a few years ago as this is helpful for those that want to get through the trophies quickly. Regardless it is a fun game and has an amazing story to which I think should be played naturally and you could always clean up the trophies via the in game trophy shop which I’ve never seen in any other games but nevertheless, an amazing guide ?

6 hours ago, ShahinMiah said:

Awesome guide! Shame this wasn’t discovered back a few years ago as this is helpful for those that want to get through the trophies quickly. Regardless it is a fun game and has an amazing story to which I think should be played naturally and you could always clean up the trophies via the in game trophy shop which I’ve never seen in any other games but nevertheless, an amazing guide 1f44c.png

Yea it was discovered early this year by chance, but I can't help to think if it's something we should have discovered earlier. Apparently since Bayonetta 2, Platinum Games had said they are going to always include a cheat in each of their games going forward, where you input their cheat code in a certain manner for some sort of reward.

It was said there was still a undiscovered secret in Nier: Automata, and the secret in Bayonetta 2 was also performed in the prologue area. I'm surprised someone hadn't the knowledge of the facts I mentioned above and done a little experimenting!

Although Nier: Replicant was originally released before Bayonetta 2 and the mention of putting the cheat in every game, but the Remaster has just come out. Although a slim chance as the game itself is older, the Remaster may have a similar cheat somewhere in the early areas. I've not bothered to check myself but has me curious....

The Trophy Shop is very strange indeed.

Of course, some may wish to speedrun though and using this trick doesn't mean one has to avoid the story, they may decide to get platinum quick and then play the story without worry, or get OP and lots of money and then play the story, so many possibilites!! I just like to share the information ;)

3 hours ago, Helyx said:

I have this sitting in my summer to-do pile, so I'll check this out real soon. Thanks for the guide.

It's VERY quick m8! Seems like a great game though if you do decide to do story naturally.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kavatus said:

Can this be used after blind playthough? 

Sure, the Platinum requires 3 playthroughs, each are slightly diffetent though in terms of story

If u are planning to do 3 playthroughs blind first, this may not be off much help, but it will show you how to level to 99 quick, how to farm money infinitely and how to manipulate the Trophy Shop. 

Also shows you how to get the best stuff from the shops!! 

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Yea it was discovered early this year by chance, but I can't help to think if it's something we should have discovered earlier. Apparently since Bayonetta 2, Platinum Games had said they are going to always include a cheat in each of their games going forward, where you input their cheat code in a certain manner for some sort of reward.

It was said there was still a undiscovered secret in Nier: Automata, and the secret in Bayonetta 2 was also performed in the prologue area. I'm surprised someone hadn't the knowledge of the facts I mentioned above and done a little experimenting!

Although Nier: Replicant was originally released before Bayonetta 2 and the mention of putting the cheat in every game, but the Remaster has just come out. Although a slim chance as the game itself is older, the Remaster may have a similar cheat somewhere in the early areas. I've not bothered to check myself but has me curious....

The Trophy Shop is very strange indeed.

Of course, some may wish to speedrun though and using this trick doesn't mean one has to avoid the story, they may decide to get platinum quick and then play the story without worry, or get OP and lots of money and then play the story, so many possibilites!! I just like to share the information ;)

It's VERY quick m8! Seems like a great game though if you do decide to do story naturally.

Thanks for finding this. Will be using this once I start the game.

But what is the secret for Bayonetta 2? I have just started that game.

10 hours ago, lordzeze said:

Thanks for finding this. Will be using this once I start the game.

But what is the secret for Bayonetta 2? I have just started that game.

I dunno m8, havent played it myself, just read about it. 

Platinum games has a cheat code that mirrors its logo with the inputs or something. It was first utilised in Bayonetta 2, and they said will feature in all their games going forward I believe. 

I quick google should give u results

Hey, ive been going through your guide but stopped at the video at 36:19 as i can't figure out how to shoot like you do with the robot, i can only do a charge up laser or same ball shot but up into the air, do you remember what input to shoot like you do ?

8 minutes ago, xXDarkAsazZynXx said:

Hey, ive been going through your guide but stopped at the video at 36:19 as i can't figure out how to shoot like you do with the robot, i can only do a charge up laser or same ball shot but up into the air, do you remember what input to shoot like you do ?

Think it was square m8 iirc

• Like 1

I'll just add :

This game is really, really, really easy.  IF you're planning on playing for the campaign and story, you may as well just play normally. Very Easy is almost impossible to die on. After you complete the "real" ending, you have access to an NPC merchant who can sell you the remaining trophies with in game currency.

Meaning : Doing this method will actually take longer since you'd get all the story trophies naturally, and the extra hour spent for this exploit is easily slower than the NPC's shop.

( again, provided you're planning on playing for the plot / story )

Edited by B1rvine

1 hour ago, B1rvine said:

I'll just add :

This game is really, really, really easy.  IF you're planning on playing for the campaign and story, you may as well just play normally. Very Easy is almost impossible to die on. After you complete the "real" ending, you have access to an NPC merchant who can sell you the remaining trophies with in game currency.

Meaning : Doing this method will actually take longer since you'd get all the story trophies naturally, and the extra hour spent for this exploit is easily slower than the NPC's shop.

( again, provided you're planning on playing for the plot / story )

I can see the game being very easy, byt are you sure such a way would actually be faster as easy doesnt equal fast...??? 

I only ask because depending how you go through the game, some enemies a little higher than you, although easy, can take a few minutes to defeat. And imagine all that time cumulating over a 20hr+ story!!! 

Now sure the exploit takes 30 mins or so (remember first 10mins are prologue which every1 does anyway), but you will be one shotting everything meaning NO drawn out battles or deaths/retries etc so in the long run, perhaps quicker!!! 

It may look longer at first glance if you are planning to play story naturally, but over the course of 20+ hours, a LOT of time will add up from what you have spent grinding, farming enemies, fighting tough enemies etc, a lot to throw in the mix

Being OP aka one-shotting everything actually saves a LOT of time, even if it takes 30 mins or so to do so. 

Imagine getting double XP from the get go as well!! 

With the levelling/money exploit anyway, I dont think any1 will be following the guide just for those, will mainly be for the full platinum! 

Edited by Optinooby

4 hours ago, Optinooby said:

I can see the game being very easy, byt are you sure such a way would actually be faster as easy doesnt equal fast...??? 

If you’re just playing for the platinum, this exploit will be much faster. But if you’re playing for the story, and replay after earning the plat, then “Very Easy” will likely be faster. You basically auto dodge everything. A few bosses might kill you, but that’s it. Having an OP character isn’t necessary. Nor are the steps in the exploit for misc non-story trophies since they’re given to you anyway at the end. 

I didn’t need to farm / grind once, or buy anything on my playthru.

10 minutes ago, xXDarkAsazZynXx said:

Any idea why the Golden Bunny doesn't come alive for me ?

I think sometimes it may bug out as 1 or 2 other have had similar problems, also not sure what level ur enemy is, but may want 58+. I think 57 may cut it a bit close in terms off damage dealt to the bunny to wake it.

Of course make sure everything is slotted/equipped correctly as well

Just now, Optinooby said:

I think sometimes it may bug out as 1 or 2 other have had similar problems, also not sure what level ur enemy is, but may want 58+. I think 57 may cut it a bit close in terms off damage dealt to the bunny to wake it.

Of course make sure everything is slotted/equipped correctly as well

Just to make sure but in the guide purchased attack up but didnt equip for this, is that correct ?

14 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

If you’re just playing for the platinum, this exploit will be much faster. But if you’re playing for the story, and replay after earning the plat, then “Very Easy” will likely be faster. You basically auto dodge everything. A few bosses might kill you, but that’s it. Having an OP character isn’t necessary. Nor are the steps in the exploit for misc non-story trophies since they’re given to you anyway at the end. 

I didn’t need to farm / grind once, or buy anything on my playthru.

Well thats just it m8, when somebody plays through the game themselves, its very subjective on how exactly they will go about that. 

You didnt need to grind/farm once, but perhaps you were killing and collecting everything. 

Another player for example may jot explore and may run past most enemies and perhaps will find they may have to grind later or perhaps they will die more. 

Its great advice your giving and myaepf and others very much appreciate it so thanks ;)

All im trying to do here is provide the absolute fastest/easiest way to platinum and I just provided some other options!

I honeslty dont like to get into the whole discussion of 'general roadmaps' or 'this is how I did it' as its too subjective with too many variables, I just like to provide info from an abaolute sort of as I them know its going to be more consistent, accessible and provides a foundation for anything else. Hope that makea sense ;)

12 minutes ago, xXDarkAsazZynXx said:

Just to make sure but in the guide purchased attack up but didnt equip for this, is that correct ?

Yea thats right, It doesnt affect hacked enemy attack as I made a point of testing it

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 5:24 PM, xXDarkAsazZynXx said:

Any idea why the Golden Bunny doesn't come alive for me ?

Ran into this issue just now. I followed the guide and initially the rabbit came to life but I was too slow on hacking it and it destroyed my robot. After going back and grabbing another robot, the rabbit wont wake up, even after removing other buffs to make room for damage modifiers.

It's not showing a damage number, so I'm definitely dealing some damage (if it shows zero damage, you're too low of a level), but after 10 minutes, there's no response (first trip to the rabbit took about 15 seconds to wake him up). I've given up for now, but I'll check back tomorrow and see if there's any change in its behavior.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Ran into this issue just now. I followed the guide and initially the rabbit came to life but I was too slow on hacking it and it destroyed my robot. After going back and grabbing another robot, the rabbit wont wake up, even after removing other buffs to make room for damage modifiers.

It's not showing a damage number, so I'm definitely dealing some damage (if it shows zero damage, you're too low of a level), but after 10 minutes, there's no response (first trip to the rabbit took about 15 seconds to wake him up). I've given up for now, but I'll check back tomorrow and see if there's any change in its behavior.

Try to make sure your over 58 or over. I say in vid that 57+ is good as im sure that worked for me just cant recall for 100% after hearing these issues.

58 is good as I definitely remember doing at that level one time. 

It may be a kind of bug that occurs, but try 58 anyway next time. 

Very easy to mess up on the rabbit if you dont follow me exactly, quite a few players have been doing so as well xD, did myself to quite a lot during my practice ;)