Rate the difficulty!

For those of you who got the game and is currently playing, how hard is the game? I would play myself if I wasn't too poor right now...

I would assume REALLY hard since only one dude got the plat as of writing this.

• Like 1

I just started playing it, but as someone who has beaten both ghosts n goblins and super ghouls n ghosts multiple times, this is so far way harder than both. That said, I've been playing on legend and I feel that getting all the umbral bees and stuff will make things a lot more manageable.

• Like 2

Tried "Legend" but it's like telling the game "Just be straight unfair to me", there's too many enemies for you to have any decent chances of survival with just 2 HPs, so I've decided to play on Squire, which is not exactly a walk in the park, but still a fair challenge! Props to those who can even complete the first loop on Legend because the game turns into a Musou GnG spin-off :|

Edited by DancefloorBankin
  • Like 1

6-7 as far as trophies go. Nothing says you have to play on the hardest difficulty, and things really do become a lot more manageable once you unlock skills and magic with umbral bees. Im currently umbral bee farming and finishing up hell holes, but nothing overly frustrating. That and with a local co op, if you are having trouble with a boss, it can most likely be cheesed.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Maahniac said:

I would also like to hear about the Platinum difficulty for this, as well as how time consuming it is, from someone who has the Platinum trophy

Knight difficulty I would put it like a 5/10 that is the 3rd difficulty, so normal probably at 4/10, easy you shouldn’t play it cause I heard that it does lock u out of the true ending so there is no point! Legend becomes like a 8/10 that is only if you want to challenge your self no other reason to do it! Unless Capcom comes up  with a dlc trophy! The bee requirements some of us posted them on another topic! Total playtime 25-35 hours!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I might get this played the hell out of Super Ghosts and Goblins back in the day, there's a trophy for playing co op do I need PS+ or can I get it with a second controller?...either way I'm screwed because I don't have either fml

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

I might get this played the hell out of Super Ghosts and Goblins back in the day, there's a trophy for playing co op do I need PS+ or can I get it with a second controller?...either way I'm screwed because I don't have either fml

Don't worry about the co-op as online is not required for that trophy however you do unfortunately need a second controller. The original is still waaay harder but this one is no walk in the park. I would say that this one is hard but in a fun way whereas the classic is just pure rage but gives you that immense satisfaction once you beat it. Either way you can't go wrong with this one, grab it while it's hot! :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xugoshi said:

Don't worry about the co-op as online is not required for that trophy however you do unfortunately need a second controller. The original is still waaay harder but this one is no walk in the park. I would say that this one is hard but in a fun way whereas the classic is just pure rage but gives you that immense satisfaction once you beat it. Either way you can't go wrong with this one, grab it while it's hot! :D 

Thanks for replying, will get it when I get home about the second controller I will probably buy a new one because my controller is 5 years old and the X button is starting to fail.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 3/27/2024 at 8:21 AM, Hlod-wigg said:

Can anybody confirm that for the platinum the game can be played at Squire difficulty? 

I think so though I'm not sure ( It's been a long time since I got the plat! ). I'm surprised that there's no guide for this game yet, neither here or on any other site!