Tips for catching 'The Blast'

Long-Ryde

I'm mainly curious what the method is to get her into fighting sequences.

In my S rank and Speedrun attempts, The Blast can add up to 30 minutes onto my timer. I end up chasing her everywhere. I try charge shots, and mainly peppering bullets onto her while she's locking on both in and out of frame, but she dodges everything and runs away. I've tried melee when she's super locked on but she dodges and runs.

I've beaten her in the past, & it feels like sometimes the peppering works; albeit random with how quickly she dodges it, even when her crosshair is red.

I platiumed the game awhile ago. I just pretty much chased her until she decided to fight me. I’m guessing you either have to get close to her a number of times or get close when she’s at a certain platform. I got the s rank on furier on my second attempt it’s actually not that difficult because I died a couple of times and still got it. Hope this helps

Edited by a10j12

21 hours ago, SuperPatchZ7 said:

What works for me is chasing her to one of the hexagons, then wait behind one of the little covers inside the hexagon until she shoots. Inmediately after that run and either try to melee her or shoot her with a charge shoot.

This worked for me like 90% of the time. Once you have 2 lives out of her, she'll want you to run after her to the center hexagon(?) after you hit her with a shot. 

I was either approaching her from the wrong angle (she runs if you even get close to looking at her on screen) or not being ON the hexagon while she fires the shot she's charging.

Her little drones were so annoying across essentially 30 minutes of chasing. Thanks for the suggestion!

• 8 months later...

For it worked best to shoot from some distance. Use her laser to aim at her shoot a few shoots and get behind a wall again. Then repeat while slowly approaching. With this I sometime also got her in a weird state were she doesn’t run away anymore but the fight also doesn’t start and you can damage her further. Sometimes she was 1/4 down before the walls went up

• 3 weeks later...

You have to wait outside next to the platform(island) she's on, let her shoot her sniper (you hide behind a wall). And then immediately jump onto the platform she is on, you have around 2-3 seconds window to hit her while she is reloading she cannot run.

Edit: to make it more clearer for you: you should not jump to the same island she is on, unless she just fired and is currently reloading. Otherwise she will run away

Edit2: the best way to spot her laser is by going to the middle of the map, the platform in the middle. Then, walk around the edges of this platform and you can easily spot where she is, by her sniper's red laser line.

Source: from my experience and these 2 comments from this youtube video

Goon: "You know...with The Burst, when she's shooting at you, just hide behind the smallest pillars and let her shoot it and while she's reloading you can hit her, and it triggers the caged section.. Except for the second part where she runs and says like "eyes on the prize" that's inevitable"

Mike: 'For Burst you HAVE to get her to shoot one of the small walls around her. You gotta bait her to start aiming at you before you reach the "island" she's on then jump across the gap and go behind a small wall. Then after she fires there's a small window when she can't run away this is how you can consistently get her out of the "hide n seek snipe mode."

I was frustrated by this too until I found this out then she became pretty easy, well except the final form.'

Edited by stealthlevel100
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

What also helps is that her AI only recognizes you as near her if she is on the screen. So use your parry when searching her(since it automatically turns your character towards her) and make sure to run past the area where she is. approach her from above because this gives you more room until she appears on screen because of the camera angle. let her lock-on to you, hide behind cover, dash in and punish to trigger her phase.

Credits to dircashede on youtube. His speedrun tutorial gives alot of insight into boss patterns