Caligula Effect on the Vita is Delisted

Kishnabe

15 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

Ughh...and I was considering getting Conception II when I got a Vita. Now (unless the delisting is temporary) I’ll have to track down a ridiculously overpriced physical copy if I decide I want it (if there even is an English-language physical version). 

It was released physical on Vita and 3DS

• Like 1

If it's any consolation, the Vita version had a major glitch which could delete all your saves. I've heard mixed things about whether or not it was ever fixed, don't think it was. I haven't heard of the Overdose version having the same glitch.

7 minutes ago, mako-heart said:

It was released physical on Vita and 3DS

This, and the American 3DS physical is actually pretty cheap nowadays last I checked. The Vita version though...

Edit: Seems the Vita version is just as cheap as the 3DS version nowadays (around $20 USD). Not sure if I just imagined it, but I'm pretty sure it was fairly expensive a year or two back. Only difference is that it seems new copies of the 3DS version are still fairly common, whereas they're non-existent for the Vita version. The game was never released in Europe, so just remember the 3DS is region locked if anyone is planning to get it.

Edited by SuperSmexy500
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

This, and the American 3DS physical is actually pretty cheap nowadays last I checked. The Vita version though...

Edit: Seems the Vita version is just as cheap as the 3DS version nowadays (around $20 USD). Not sure if I just imagined it, but I'm pretty sure it was fairly expensive a year or two back. Only difference is that it seems new copies of the 3DS version are still fairly common, whereas they're non-existent for the Vita version. The game was never released in Europe, so just remember the 3DS is region locked if anyone is planning to get it.

Thanks for the info! Might keep track of it on eBay and buy it if I can grab a complete copy for around $20. It got on my radar because it was made by the same dev as (and had free add-on content for) Danganronpa. Thankfully I grabbed the add-on content awhile back. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y

2 hours ago, RuinousOne25 said:

Well if any consolation, the updated version Overdose is still available on PS4, PC, and Switch so it’s not like it’s gone forever.

Can't speak for vanilla Caligula Effect, but Overdose is one of the best games I've ever played. Highly recommend it if you're a JRPG fan. Don't let the awful graphics stop you!

Edited by yuber1234
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

Can't speak for vanilla Caligula Effect, but Overdose is one of the best games I've ever played. Highly recommend it if you're a JRPG fan. Don't let the awful graphics stop you!

I second this. I have the physical copy of the game, and although I have yet to finish it, it is worth the time and enjoyment, regardless of the flaws present!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 04/06/2021 at 2:22 PM, yuber1234 said:

Vita version was a great game... except the trophies you spent more time grinding then what you did to pass the game but the grind was one of them painful mind dulling grinds, outside of this I loved every second of it.

• Like 1