[NA] Playstation Indies Sale | Ends 6/19

Neocarleen

8 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

I find all Deponia games (Deponia, Chaos on Deponia, Goodbye Deponia) relaxing, except Deponia Doosmday. That game has a pesky trophy that requires you to grind for 2-3 hours. Also, Sea of Solitude is easy to play and has Legend of Zelda-esque artstyle. :)

I would also recommend that you buy Mark of the Ninja: Remastered and Guns, Gore & Cannoli 2 if only they were on sale. :lol:

Got all the Deponia games so I guess my choices were right! Haha Alright Sea of Solitude noted! Thank you!

1 hour ago, ChocoDoc1 said:

Can anyone here recommend me some games that are relaxing or mysterious or just like walking simulators on sale? Also games that are point and click like ah alawar games Thank you! And no games with super hard puzzles I get dizzy just thinking about it!

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Oxenfree

Observation (This one in particular I think fits your specifications to a tee!)

Outer Wilds

The Last Campfire

Also, The Witness - it has some (late game) tricky puzzles, but there isn't really anything high-stress (aside from one optional secret 'challenge' thing - that is the only time any timer is put on you though), and the game is excellent.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Oxenfree

Observation (This one in particular I think fits your specifications to a tee!)

Outer Wilds

The Last Campfire

Also, The Witness - it has some (late game) tricky puzzles, but there isn't really anything high-stress (aside from one optional secret 'challenge' thing - that is the only time any timer is put on you though), and the game is excellent.

Yes thank you! I got The Witness for free during the days of play thing, Brothers have it on physical, just bought Oxenfree! Observation and The Last Campire will get that too thanks! Outer Wilds Im still debating about the price but checked the screenshots it looks pretty good! Pretty solid picks Doc!

• Like 1

On 2021-06-12 at 3:23 AM, Darling Baphomet said:

Jesus, that's quite a bit, yeah. If I had more money I'd probably join you; if you're willing to look (e.g. do independent research) you can find a lot of hidden gems, and this game has a tremendous amount of them. So far I think I've bought about ten or so.

I picked up Drawngeon as well; seems like a charming game and was cheap enough to justify a yeet purchase.

That's the overtime conundrum: more money to buy games, less time to play them...

I find looking up reviews of small indie games a fun part of this hobby, especially for sales like these with tons of games I'd never heard of before. I haven't had a dud in those I've tried up to now (I even enjoyed Croc's World Run, which I bought for the kids before realizing it was much too hard for them!), though Squad Killer and Sinuca Attack suffer from the platinum-without-finishing-the-game syndrome.

I ran Drawngeon a few times and was probably not cautious enough: died twice on the first floor. Will try again for sure, definitely a unique look.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 11:00 PM, ChocoDoc1 said:

Got all the Deponia games so I guess my choices were right! Haha Alright Sea of Solitude noted! Thank you!

Not exactly what you're looking for as it has a lot of platforming as well, but Lair of the Clockwork God is a platformer / point and click hybrid with a great sense of humor. The puzzles aren't too hard either as they just involve using items on eachother / other things a lot.

7 hours ago, visighost said:

I find looking up reviews of small indie games a fun part of this hobby, especially for sales like these with tons of games I'd never heard of before. I haven't had a dud in those I've tried up to now (I even enjoyed Croc's World Run, which I bought for the kids before realizing it was much too hard for them!), though Squad Killer and Sinuca Attack suffer from the platinum-without-finishing-the-game syndrome.

I ran Drawngeon a few times and was probably not cautious enough: died twice on the first floor. Will try again for sure, definitely a unique look.

Oh, most certainly. I've picked up a few really obscure things this time around; Lair of the Clockwork God and Neon City Riders are both under 55 or so players on PSNP. People tell me in my trophy checklist thread that I play a lot of obscure, interesting games; probably a side effect of compulsively checking sales. I don't think there's been a sale in the last year I haven't properly perused. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pieroluc said:

Already got Super Meat Boy from this sale as a game to challenge myself, but which games are recommended from this sale?

Of the ones I've played and loved and also think is a a good deal:

Aragami

Cat Ques

Cat Quest II

Guacamelee STCE

Guacamelee 2

Musynx

Oxenfree

I'm sure I missed some, but those are a few really great ones. 

13 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Anyone played Super Volley Blast or Super Tennis Blast?  

Any fun?

I platinumed Super Volley and had a great time. Can't go wrong for that price. Also, you get to play against a Trump/Kim Jong-Un team. :D

• Like 1