NonsenseOblige

Legend of Zelda tier list(s)

34 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I didnt play half of those games ( most 2D games) so I make it short:

 

S: Ocarina of time

A: Twilight princess, Minish Cap, link between worlds.

B: Majoras Mask, Breath of the wild, wind waker

C: Spirit Tracks,

D :  Skyward Sword, Phantom Hourglass

 

I will never understand why some people are hating on twilight princess.

Yes, the beginning is incredibly slow and collecting those light orbs isnt that much fun but the rest is pretty good.

Good gameplay,decent story,  some of the best characters in the franchise ( midna) and some of the best music tracks and one of the better zelda games in terms of dungeon quality ( on average). I also liked the darker tone compared to pretty much all the other zelda games, not saying I dislike the more colourful games.

 

EDIT: Oh I forgot wind waker

Edited by GoDBoss173
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will never ever understand the Skyward Sword hate. Sure, there is one scene that gets repeated too many times but the rest is dungeon upon dungeon of Zelda goodness. Even the pre-dungeon overworld-ish sections are dungeons. 

 

tC032k1.png

 

Haven't played Minish Cap and Ages yet so they are left out.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

best one will always be the SNES game. Worst is Skyward Sword.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top: Majora's Mask

Don't care enough to rank them: the rest

Actual shit: Spirit Tracks

Literally zero interest in and will never play: Breath of the Wild and the 3 player one on 3DS

 

Don't @ me

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Danny_Johansen said:

The 2d Zelda games are the best.

2D Zeldas really don't get the love they deserve. Oracle of Ages had the water raising/lowering dungeon years before Ocarina, not to mention how single-player 2D Zeldas are all consistently great ever since Link to the Past, while 3D Zeldas have pretty inconsistent quality.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The franchise hit its peak with The Wand of Gamelon. Virtually everything else is a 0/10 since you can’t play as the titular character

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BGriff1986 said:

The franchise hit its peak with The Wand of Gamelon. Virtually everything else is a 0/10 since you can’t play as the titular character

You sorta control Zelda in Spirit Tracks, and she's a ghost in that game, which makes it at least 25% cooler.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'all remember Tri Force Heroes, that one multiplayer spin-off for the 3DS? Wasn't a bad game, IMO.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

EcaAPIu.png

 

No D's in Zelda.   (Well, there is one, but you know what I mean.)

 

Edited by IntroPhenom
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When it comes to Zelda ( and Metroid ) my list is simple, the ones I played:

S-rank: Legend of Zelda,  The Adventure of Link, Link’s Awakening, A Link to the past, Ocarina of time, Majora’s mark, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MandA60VISE said:

Top: Majora's Mask

Don't care enough to rank them: the rest

Actual shit: Spirit Tracks

Literally zero interest in and will never play: Breath of the Wild and the 3 player one on 3DS

 

Don't @ me

I am only going to @ you (or quote you in this case) because Majora is the best and I FUCKING hated Spirit tracks.

 

I am also not going to rank the rest but wow did I hate Spirit Tracks.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of the ones I've played

 

S - Wind Waker, A Link to the Past

A - Ocarina of Time

B - Twilight Princess, Zelda 1

C - Zelda 2 Adventure of Link

D - Spirit Tracks, Majora's Mask

F - Breath of the Wild

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have that much experience with Zelda, but Link to the Past is grade S.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MadEdders95 said:

I don't have that much experience with Zelda, but Link to the Past is grade S.

It's a great game, but it's design in regard to items and death unfortunately was overstated in the other design choices and ended up making the game a little too easy and the dungeons a little too simple, sadly. I feel a lot like Phantom Hourglass and Breath of the Wild, in that it was wildly experimental and risk taking in most parts of the game, but compensated by playing it a little too safe in the rest; luckily, it was far more successful in it's experimentation than PH and wasn't hindered as much by the overstatement of that experimentation like BotW.

4 hours ago, AK-1138 said:

RIP (1986-2013)

I don't really like BotW, I even put it near the bottom myself, but it's still a great game even if it abandoned what I consider to be the best parts of LoZ. I try to look at it the was way I look at LoZ(NES), LoZ2, PH and Skyward Sword, in that they were games that messed around with new things mechanically and made compromises in order to sustain/justify that design. And I feel like BotW's choices were way less detrimental to the overall game (as a game, not as a Zelda game) than, say, SS, because it was willing to be bold and fully commit to it's openendedness, as opposed to making a bunch of half systems (item customization and the flying mechanic as a form of travelling in SS, the spirit orb collection and some items in TP) that are easily skipped without losing anything, or just seem to pad out the game .

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do people hate Zeldas for DS? God I spent so many hours with them. While "masterpiece" of BotW couldn't get me hooked at all. Spirit Tracks for life

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

uYa0OSF.png

 

Agreed with IntroPhenom, in that there are no D's in Zelda.

Edited by Zephrese
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Forunth said:

Why do people hate Zeldas for DS? God I spent so many hours with them. While "masterpiece" of BotW couldn't get me hooked at all. Spirit Tracks for life

I think it's kind of a hate bandwagon, they were touchscreen only controls in a time when touchscreen and motion controls were seen as gimmicks. In reality, I think PH and ST play just fine and the touchscreen only control scheme works perfectly well. Like, they're certainly flawed games, too easy, don't explore the items enough, really easy, kinda simplistic dungeon design, but they are fun as hell and the controls are perfectly responsive.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

F - Breath of the Wild

 

I like most Zelda games. BotW isn't a bad game, but it isn't much of a Zelda game. I'd finish it if they made breaking weapons optional. Otherwise, I would have sold it but I made the mistake of buying digital thinking I would love it. Never again.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wind Waker is the best one.

 

Never finished Minish Cap.  Never played Skyward Sword or Spirit Tracks.  I never owned a Wii.  Planned on picking up Skyward Sword.  But it's a Zelda game.  It's a Nintendo game and even used it was still like $40.

E3EG_cdXIAshoJG.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shoutout to those that put wind waker in s tier!!!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, NonsenseOblige said:

I think it's kind of a hate bandwagon, they were touchscreen only controls in a time when touchscreen and motion controls were seen as gimmicks. In reality, I think PH and ST play just fine and the touchscreen only control scheme works perfectly well. Like, they're certainly flawed games, too easy, don't explore the items enough, really easy, kinda simplistic dungeon design, but they are fun as hell and the controls are perfectly responsive.

Agree, they have many flaws. But on the other hand I never considered "too easy" a flaw. Maybe it's just me, I don't like hard games. And DS games were just fun to pick up after a rough day, play for hour of two and chill. 

 

 

Also, by no means I shit on other peoples choices, everyone has their own tastes and I respect that. But I truly wonder how many of those S tiers are rose tinted glasses because people played those games as children and have such huge nostalgia for them. The same way how my cousins daughter plays paw patrol games and thinks they are the best thing on this planet

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Forunth said:

Agree, they have many flaws. But on the other hand I never considered "too easy" a flaw. Maybe it's just me, I don't like hard games. And DS games were just fun to pick up after a rough day, play for hour of two and chill. 

 

 

Also, by no means I shit on other peoples choices, everyone has their own tastes and I respect that. But I truly wonder how many of those S tiers are rose tinted glasses because people played those games as children and have such huge nostalgia for them. The same way how my cousins daughter plays paw patrol games and thinks they are the best thing on this planet

I think easy games are ok, but too easy is more about disincentives that stop your from engaging with the game as a game and put you in passive roll. Like, The floors in PH dungeons are already super small and have few doors, why does the map have to show you exactly what door opened and where? And there are some moments in the game that really show that they know how to do something more engaging, like the uncharted island that you have to literally draw the map, it's not hard at all, but it's something that really gets you to see the game world and it's mechanics as inherently tied.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.