Game Froze after Beating shadow Norman in GS

hi everyone 

i would like to share a weird glitch i experienced when helping a friend on ghost ship , i was doing this so my friend can get the trophy for beating regular ghost ship as well as beating shadow Norman 

before setting in to the heli area we waited to charge our ammo fully before heading in , as we fought the waves we halted and charged our ammo before fighting shadow Norman

midway the fight something went very wrong as i took lots of damage when i was out of herbs and i believe i should have died but i think i encountered an infinite ( not sure  ) health glitch as i took lots of beatings from Norman while i was in Danger status and he was locked on me the whole time 

strangely i thought my friend should have died as he had less herbs than me , but after we beaten Norman and that we rejoiced that we won by luck + glitch out cheat unintended we soon found out that the game got stuck after we destroyed the level end emblem BUT!!! nothing happens the stage wont end  we waited to see if it will trigger in a while but nothing happens .

then we tried to quit the stage as i was bummed that my friend wont get his 2 trophies but strangely he got the trophy for beaten shadow Norman but not the ghost ship trophy 

what do you folks think of this