Lezonidas

How hard is "ultra-hard" in new game+ with all DLC and base game weapons?

22 posts in this topic

Is it actually ultra-hard or only kind of hard?

It's really easy with all the weapons carried over. You bearly have to fight anything if you just run the story missions. The flame gun from the DLC will destroy human enemies and the Ice railgun will wreck the big stuff ;)

Posted (edited)

I played NG+ ultra-hard immediately after beating the game for the first time and I found it to be quite easy, I had less deaths in NG+ than I had during my first playthrough. There were maybe one or two fights that I had to try a few times before winning them. Just make sure to use the Shield-Weaver during combat and you shouldn't have any problems. I'd also recommend using your best stealth armor when traveling around the world so you don't accidentally aggro enemies. Also the armor that automatically heals you that you can get from the Frozen Wilds DLC comes in handy if you need healing after a fight.

Edited by Janire1911

25 minutes ago, Lezonidas said:

Is it actually ultra-hard or only kind of hard?

It is not that hard if you're prepared for the final battle, but it is still challenging even on NG+. Just use your fully upgraded weapons and stock up on lots of supplies (ammo, health, etc).

the hardest part, would be understanding the best combos to use against larger enemies if your not used to using everything after playing on easy. but even then it's not a difficult game to figure out.

Not at all. It's super quick and easy if you just do it as a golden path run for only the NG+ trophies.

Posted (edited)

The only part I had some trouble with was the final boss. Never been good at it, even though I knew what I had to do. Other than that, it's not too hard.

Edited by MrGarland

Easy peezy, the game is super duper easy even in any hard mode

When Frozen Wilds came out, I went back and did Ultra Hard difficulty then went straight into the DLC. The game itself was fine, the DLC was kicking my ass though. Maybe with the DLC gear it wouldn't be so bad on Ultra Hard, but hard to say.

If you're using the Sheild Weaver outfit during combat then it is super easy. I played on the easiest difficulty on my first playthrough and ultra-hard on my second and the ultra-hard was so much easier. You should have enough money and resources that you don't even need to use the cheaper ammo.

It's dirty how overpowered the Sheild Weaver outfit is. It's basically infinite health.

The Shield Weaver outfit basically acts as a second health bar that recharges. Makes getting the New Game + trophies very easy. You just have to repeat eight hours worth of story.

Guys first NG+ on ultra or Frozen Wilds? i have platinum level 50 and shield weaver of course, thx

25 minutes ago, Neme-ita said:

Guys first NG+ on ultra or Frozen Wilds? i have platinum level 50 and shield weaver of course, thx

Frozen Wilds first, NG+ after. Just finish FW on your difficulty you are playing at right now and then speedrun NG+ on hardest.

Hard, but not super hard. I was able to do it without many problems and as much I'd like to think I am, I'm not that great at playing games.

1 hour ago, Neme-ita said:

Definitely Frozen Wilds (coming from a person who just finished ultra-hard and 100% the game). You are going to want the extra 100 (or 200 since you using the shield weaver) for New Game+ and possibly the extra weapons/modifications you get from Frozen Wilds. I would also advise trying to get 2 Sawtooth Hearts and 2 Longleg Hearts before going into New Game+ and invest in getting the Adept Sharpshot Bow (all Adept weapons give you four slots instead of three). That was the only one I got personally and I was able to draw that bow faster than any other of my other bows.

It's not hard on Ultra Hard, New Game+, as long as you have the Shield-Weaver outfit. I completed UH New Game+ without the DLC weapons, so if you know enemy patterns, UH NG+ playthrough will be a breeze, since you only need to focus on the main storyline.

I managed to complete it on NG+ Ultra Hard.  I found a couple of missions hard.  I really struggled on the very last boss, but that was my own fault, I didn't have good enough mods on my weapons, but once I got that sorted I managed fine.

Posted (edited)

New game + was easier than my first run on normal. On the final battle on normal i died a couple times, but on new game + i did it on my first try.

Just used a lot of stealth to avoid battles and for the bosses i used shield weaver.

Edited by TheEstilingue
completing information