How hard is "ultra-hard" in new game+ with all DLC and base game weapons?

Lezonidas

I played NG+ ultra-hard immediately after beating the game for the first time and I found it to be quite easy, I had less deaths in NG+ than I had during my first playthrough. There were maybe one or two fights that I had to try a few times before winning them. Just make sure to use the Shield-Weaver during combat and you shouldn't have any problems. I'd also recommend using your best stealth armor when traveling around the world so you don't accidentally aggro enemies. Also the armor that automatically heals you that you can get from the Frozen Wilds DLC comes in handy if you need healing after a fight.

Edited by Janire1911
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lezonidas said:

Is it actually ultra-hard or only kind of hard?

It is not that hard if you're prepared for the final battle, but it is still challenging even on NG+. Just use your fully upgraded weapons and stock up on lots of supplies (ammo, health, etc).

• Like 3

If you're using the Sheild Weaver outfit during combat then it is super easy. I played on the easiest difficulty on my first playthrough and ultra-hard on my second and the ultra-hard was so much easier. You should have enough money and resources that you don't even need to use the cheaper ammo.

It's dirty how overpowered the Sheild Weaver outfit is. It's basically infinite health.

1 hour ago, Neme-ita said:

Guys first NG+ on ultra or Frozen Wilds? i have platinum level 50 and shield weaver of course, thx

Definitely Frozen Wilds (coming from a person who just finished ultra-hard and 100% the game). You are going to want the extra 100 (or 200 since you using the shield weaver) for New Game+ and possibly the extra weapons/modifications you get from Frozen Wilds. I would also advise trying to get 2 Sawtooth Hearts and 2 Longleg Hearts before going into New Game+ and invest in getting the Adept Sharpshot Bow (all Adept weapons give you four slots instead of three). That was the only one I got personally and I was able to draw that bow faster than any other of my other bows.

• Like 1

It's not hard on Ultra Hard, New Game+, as long as you have the Shield-Weaver outfit. I completed UH New Game+ without the DLC weapons, so if you know enemy patterns, UH NG+ playthrough will be a breeze, since you only need to focus on the main storyline.

• 2 weeks later...

New game + was easier than my first run on normal. On the final battle on normal i died a couple times, but on new game + i did it on my first try.

Just used a lot of stealth to avoid battles and for the bosses i used shield weaver.

Edited by TheEstilingue
completing information

• 5 months later...

Yep, to echo what has been said: It's very easy if you just run through the critical path because enemies/machines don't scale in NG+ which is probably why Ultra Hard was added in the first place - NG+ on normal would be a joke. I went in at level 60 so the highest level enemy in the game was the final boss at level 34. I didn't even use my DLC weapons much; just my sharpshooter bow. Didn't purchase any of the adept weapons for the extra mods either as the cost is too dear. IMO UH on NG+ is easier than the Frozen Wilds DLC on normal difficulty. 

• 4 weeks later...

It's very easy if you're max level, have the shield weaver armor, and take the time to stock up on resources BEFORE you start your new game+ run. You'll need a lot of ammo since the enemies are damage sponges in ultra hard and merchants are expensive. I died/failed only 5 times and 4 of those 5 was on the final boss because I kept running out of time on my first few tries and my other time I got stuck in a corner and bombarded by a Deathbringer before I could get out and heal on one of the earlier missions. Tearblast and fire arrows are a must, light them up with fire arrows to expose enemies weak spots faster and shoot precision arrows at them but the main weapon I used was the blast shot. Very effective, just keep lobbing them all over the place and you'll do some serious damage. Higher fire damage and regular damage mods are the best to equip on all your weapons. Aside from that, it's a lot of running and dodging. Many fights you can just skip right past if it's not an objective to clear all enemies and the checkpoints are very generous especially on the last mission. There's a checkpoint halfway through each of the last 3 main fights which lessens the difficulty immensely. I'm terrible at games and am usually dissuaded going for hardest difficulty related trophies but this one was easy in my opinion. 

• Like 2

Hey guys, by now I started the Newgame + run on ultra hard and I did wonder, if it is recommended to do the sidemissions to get Allie’s for the final fight. In the guide I couldn‘t find anything regarding this. Do they really help? Does it make the final mission on ultra hard easier at all?

i hope somebody can enlighten me :)

Edited by cybershark91