Your top 5 mind blowing gaming experiences. (Warning! Contains spoilers)

DaveMcDamage

You can put whatever consoles they appeared on, a particular section in a game, basically five moments that totally blew you away the first time you saw them. 

Doesn't have to be in any particular order. 

5: GTA III: PS2

The moment I saw what they had accomplished when compared to the first games on the PS1, I truly couldn't believe what I was seeing. Amazing visuals, superb voice acting which for me was a first in video games, and then when you first get to drive the car from the bridge escape, it all so unreal. I'll give Rockstar Games one thing, only Rockstar Games can beat Rockstar Games, games and each new one is better than the last. But that first experience (and right through to the end) of GTA III was incredible. Even to this day its bizarre to see what they accomplished back on the PS2 console. 

4: Mass Effect: Xbox 360

Now like many sci-fi fans I do love a good Star Wars movie, but as a gamer the vast majority of games based on the franchise were very 'meh' for me. So when I found out about this new space game RPG I was all over it. It wasn't until release and me grabbing a copy that I realised how incredible the game was. Now to this day ME2 was/is my favourite game, but when being able to create a character, adding scars, back story, planet exploration, team work and command controls. It was a first for me but one that has always been an amazing experience even after many playthroughs. 

3: Forza Motorsport 2: Xbox pleasefixme... I mean 360

Now up until this point Gran Tourismo was the king of racing games for me, and the first game still has some amazing stuff that even the Forza franchise never picked up on. But when I saw the selection of cars, that next gen visual appearance and then that paint section I thought how many game modes are actually in this racing game? Then I discovered the auction house section and that too felt like its own game in how you could go into bidding wars with other gamers, especially for those Exclusive cars that you had no chance of getting. Amazing game and also the first game to fry my 360 I played it that much. 

2: Nathan Drake - Uncharted series: PS3

Now there have been some cool characters over the years, Dante from DMC held the crown for me for a long time when it came to charm and whit, but when I played the first Uncharted game I couldn't believe how well written Nathan's dialog was, as well as the voice casting for him. His character is done so well that I honestly feel its not possible to not like him. Sort of like when you meet an awesomely charming person in real life and you realise that if you think this person is a dick, you're wrong... you're the dick for thinking that of them. As for Nathan, I can't see another character topping his appeal for me anytime soon. 

1: Batman Akham Asylum: PS3

The free flow combat. Here is a mechanic that even the most underskilled gamer will actually make the combat look awesome, but if you master the moves then you could very well be Batman himself. It was the first comic book hero game to ever achieve a level of such awesomeness all round. Story, visuals, set pieces, gadgets and collectibles, even the voice actors put in the best performances of there careers when compared to there work on the animated shows. But that free flow combat was incredible. The guy behind it really deserves the title of game developer genius. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
  • Like 3

great idea for a topic!

- You should probably put [SPOILERS] right in the title though - as everyone will be spoiling everything here!

For me:

5. Six is hungry for more than Sausage - Little Nightmares

When the cute little gnome offers Six the sausage, and she decides to eat... something else.

4. Realising the World is a Puzzle - The Witness

The first moment (and it'll be different for everyone) when you notice something in the environment looks like one of the puzzle tracks, and you try using the button on it and it actually works - and you suddenly realise - you have been seeing them everywhere!

3. The Suicide Mission - Mass Effect 2

A lot to do with the music, but every moment of this, from Shepherds speech aboard the Normandy, to the mission itself, through even the slightly dumb final boss, through to the incredible final cut scene is pure gaming, sci-fi perfection.

2. Using the deceased brothers controls - Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

When only the younger brother, who is scared of swimming, is alive, and you don't know what to do, until you use the button that was reserved for the other, now dead brother, and it works - and you realise the younger brother is drawing on his love for his brother, and what he taught him, and his strength living on through his sibling. And you tear up. (If you aren't a robot)

1. Breaking the window - Prey

"I don't understand what I'm supposed to do... there's no open door.... FFS this game is broken.... what the hell am I missing.... wait, am I supposed to throw something at that window?... No that's... I mean, there's only a balcony out there... so what would be the point... but I've already tried everything else, so maybe.... maybe there's something on the balcony I'm suppose....OH MY GOD :jaymon:"

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 4

I dunno if I can come up with 5 off the top of my head... so I'll just write down a few in no particular order and reserve the right to update/edit as needed. ;)

- SOMA : The story absolutely blew me away.  I was thinking about it for weeks after it was over.

- Life is Strange : It didn't "blow me away" like SOMA did, but the last episode was a mindfuck and had me thinking for a while afterwards.

- Red Dead Redemption (the first one) : I think this was the first open world game to actually impress me graphically.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

Super Metroid: When Kraid grew to multiple screens. I had never seen a boss that huge before and as a kid I knew shit was about to get real.

EA SPORTS! It's in the game! - This was the first time i heard a game talk to you. I remember my brother and I hitting reset over and over as it was so incredible to hear.

Super Mario 64: the first time you take flight. I was blown away by being able to use all 3 dimensions

Journey...just Journey. I still have not been able to beat it again as my first playthrough was so feeeing and emotional i just can't bring myself to repeat it.

Final Fantasy 7 - so much of this game was jaw dropping but for me the one that made me go :o the most is when you look into the test mako chamber and that creature is living in there and seconds later one chamber comes alive and the creature screams and bursts out.

• Like 4

1 - GTA SA on PC - openness of the world and the versatility of the game itself
2 - Red Dead Redemption 2 - those graphics are tremendous
3 - Witcher 3 - at that moment I was very proud to be Polish, and I'm still proud.
4 - Getting my first console in 2010, aka PS3, and playing Uncharted: Drake Fortune, with such interesting story that bring my parents to watch.
5 - Winning first games in NBA 2k19, with some impressive stat lines, realizing that I'm not that bad as I thought.

• Like 2

Morrowind

When I first stepped out of the tutorial town and realized I could do what ever I wanted.  Morrowind is kind of a small map now, but back then it was huge.  Oblivion and Breath of the Wild had the same reaction, but Morrowind was first.

Final Fantasy X

The opening.  Tidus playing Blitzball.  Sin attacking Zanarkand.  Auron just calmly walking up and toasting his old friend.  Fucking love Otherworld.

Tales of the Abyss

Akzeriuth, like holy shit.  That was dark.  And there was nothing you, the player, could do about it.

Dark Souls

When I took the elevator in the church back to Firelink Shrine for the first time.

Final Fantasy XIV

The Shinryu fight.  There's a lot of mindblowing moments.  But this fight really stands out.  For a story boss, it was hard at launch.  This was the final boss of Stormblood.  His opening attack is the push everyone off the arena if you're not paying attention.  And that sets the tone for the fight.  There are icicles that'll fly in from the back.  There are puddles you have to jump in or avoid depending on what attack he's using.  And that's just phase 1.  After a bit he destroys that arena and you move to another bigger one.  He'll start using attacks and mechanics from previous fights.  And the main way to damage him, is he'll slam his tail and you have to damage it.  But everytime he does that, it's slowly chipping away at the arena.  Like this is a final boss.  You have to be paying attention.  Know the mechanics.  Now like three years of power creep, you can deal as much damage normally.  The opening Tidal Wave still pushes unsuspecting people off though and that's still funny.

• Like 1

Haven't come up with 5 just yet, but here are a few.  Others may be added later on:

In no particular order...

1 - Tomb Raider (PS1) - 14 year old me: "Okay, I'm in some kind of Lost Valley level.... wow, it's a freakin' Raptor!!  Kill it kill it kill it!!!  Okay, killed him.... uh oh, there's more!  Kill kill kill!!!  Whew, that takes care of them.... wait, why's the ground shaking.... why's the music ramping up..... what's thaHOLY SHIT!!!!"

2 - Metal Gear Solid (PS1) - this game had so, so many "whoa" moments, but one of the best for me was when you help Meryl escape from her cell, then you have to contact her to get her help in escaping the Tank Hangar.  Campbell calls you and says that her Codec frequency is on the back of the CD case, so you spend AGES checking every square inch of the base, thinking that that's what you're supposed to find, only you can't find a damn CD case anywhere.  Eventually you turn off the game in frustration, put the disc back in its case, and then..... the penny drops.....

3 - Heavy Rain (PS3) - this game had, by a country mile, the most realistic looking character models I'd ever seen in any game up to that time.  I could hardly believe that games were capable of creating such complex facial animations.

Edited by StewartBros
  • Like 2

I cannot think of much mind-blowing experiences, so I only listed 4 atm.
1) Tales of Berseria: I would say this was my first mind-blowing experience. Although I had a rough time convincing myself to finish the game, I enjoyed the story nonetheless. As I also played Zestiria and coming to the end of Berseria, knowing that Laphicet was Maotelus all along just made me ponder and cry, reminiscing to lore of Zestiria.

2) Metal Gear Solid 4: I do not have a specifc moment in this game. Technically, the whole game was surprising to me, not only because of the change in the overall tone of the game (in which made it easier to not spoil myself as the game seemed less "memeable," unlike MGS 2 and 3), but the constant references and the reintroduction of the major characters from MGS3, making their final contribution to the overall enjoyment and plot.

3) Tomb Raider (PS3): This was my first Tomb-Raider game, so although I do not know much about the series in general, I was excited as the game just sends you straight to the action and survival. Initially, I thought there would be a bit of story exploration before the good stuff happens.

4) MGS Peace Walker (Future Mind-Blowing Experience): One of the MGS games (other than GZ and TPP) that I actually do not know anything about. Currently playing, but I am glad I did not spoil myself with this game. Not much to say, other than that this will be a thrilling game.

I feel like this topic is so good, I wanted to do another 5!

5. Realising how to go as vertically high as you want - The Swapper

When you realise - after the game finally forces you, or possibly before, that the games mechanic is able to turn you into your own elevator, and you suddenly realise all those places that you though you were waiting for a new item to reach were reachable the whole time!

4. The end of the final level - Braid

When the level starts to run in reverse, and... well... we know the rest. (and if we don't -go play it!)

3. Going to Canada South Park - The Stick of Truth

Going to Canada, and hearing the national anthem as recorded on an NES sound chip, and everything being in 8-bit graphics. Funny, dumb, and brilliant.

2. The last few seconds before you get to the exit, the first time you manage to Silent Assassin a mission Hitman

Speaks for itself - where you done so goddamned good, that you can just saunter away, cool as a motherfucking cucumber, with no one any the wiser.

1. Reaching the centre of the galaxy - Outer Wilds

The campfire, and the music, and the peace and the sadness and the love and the death.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

I just wanna quickly throw in that the betrayal in A Way Out almost brought me to tears...that and having to battle my coop partner for my life in the end after working together. Yeah, mind blowing. 

Not seen that done since the days of Double Dragon. 

I have another but its a major, major spoiler so I won't say too much but those that have experienced it will probably feel the same as me the first time they saw it. 

Witcher 3

When you meet the dwarfs at the swamp and then go into the cabin. The cutscene which triggers is so well performed that I was truly blown away by how well it was acted and edited. Amazing piece of gaming cinematography.

Edited by DaveMcDamage

Can't think of 5 specifically, but the big two that stick with me are 

1. Kerwan in the original Ratchet and clank.

The world felt so much more real and alive than anything I thought could be done.

2.Create Mode, LittleBigPlanet

Until I played LittleBigPlanet I never thought I could make videogames but it inspired me to make levels and all of a sudden 13 or so years later I'm studying modelling and animation for games.

Edited by Toast_On_Cheese
Changed Wording.
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Toast_On_Cheese said:

2.Create Mode, LittleBigPlanet

Until I played LittleBigPlanet I never thought I could make videogames but it inspired me to make levels and all of a sudden 13 or so years later I'm studying modelling and animation for games.

That is awesome as f**k man. Now thats a mind blowing impact from a gaming experience. 

• Like 1

I think I have more than 5 tbh, you'll excuse me if I will pile them up xD I will try to keep spoiler free.

9.Star Wars KOTOR - Discovering your past. Holy damn that was BioWare at its apex. It was one of the most WTF WOW moment I've ever encountered in a RPG. If KOTOR1+2 comes to PS4/PS5, do yourself a favor and play the damn collection! 

8.DMC5 - The entire game. DMC4 was released in 2009 and DmC Devil May Cry was...no. When DMC5 launched and I started playing as Nero, seeing those graphics, that beautiful camera, those textured pores on Dante's face... yeah 10/10

7.Dark Souls 1 - Discovering that the entire world is actually interconnected. DS1 was one of those "turning points" for me in terms of gaming. The interconnectivity is something I rarely saw done right in any video game.

6.Salt & Sanctuary - Discovering the true purpose of the island you arrived on. Little 2D Soulslike game with a seemingly weird and nonsensical story. Until you piece everything together and read the Drowned Tome online. That one was another "wow, nice" moment.

5.The Bard's Tale - You really have no idea what you are doing xD My god Bard's Tale is so stupid fun! The revelation at the end, after all the "heroics" was the cherry on the cake. Poor Bard...

4.Prince of Persia Two Thrones - Fighting the Dark Prince. That one's not really a spoiler, because come on you can see it from a mile away. It's HOW you fight him that blew me away the first time I played the game. Still love Prince of Persia despite of it not aging well.

3.Asura's Wrath - Battling Chackravartin. Shitty DLC practices aside (middle fingers to Capcom), the true final fight against the Creator was one jaw dropping experience. Nothing is more fun than dodging black holes and mini suns and just punching the everliving shit out of a creepy buddha.

2.Witcher 3 - Hearts of Stone - The entire DLC. The fight with Olgierd which resembles that duel from the Deluge (the single best sword duel in cinematography EVER). The nod not only to the Faustian tale that always warns never to deal with the devil, but also to that German fairy tale "Heart of stone" written by Wilhelm Hauff. Bloody Gaunter O'Dimm who is the single most powerful enemy that Geralt had to deal with. Honestly this DLC won my heart, even more than Blood&Wine. Ah yeah, also the soundtrack "You're immortal". 

DAMN I NEED TO PLAY WITCHER 3 AGAIN. @Baranov_925 you truly have a reason to be proud xD 

AND FINALLY

1.NieR Gestalt/Replicant - Route A/B. Route A hit me like a truck. Route B killed me. I couldn't recover after them. That was something that made me wonder how many batteries is Yoko Taro licking daily just to make us suffer like that? He is a monster and I thank him for that :D 

There definitely are more examples, but I will keep to only 9 entries xD I already went over the top with my ranking.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Copanele said:

9.Star Wars KOTOR - Discovering your past. Holy damn that was BioWare at its apex. It was one of the most WTF WOW moment I've ever encountered in a RPG. If KOTOR1+2 comes to PS4/PS5, do yourself a favor and play the damn collection!

That's certainly going back. I can't trust EA one bit, and I feel they did much to damage the Star Wars franchise.

8.DMC5 - The entire game. DMC4 was released in 2009 and DmC Devil May Cry was...no. When DMC5 launched and I started playing as Nero, seeing those graphics, that beautiful camera, those textured pores on Dante's face... yeah 10/10

Knowing you only have a standard PS4, this is good news.

7.Dark Souls 1 - Discovering that the entire world is actually interconnected. DS1 was one of those "turning points" for me in terms of gaming. The interconnectivity is something I rarely saw done right in any video game.

The atmosphere alone is wroth the price of admission.

4.Prince of Persia Two Thrones - Fighting the Dark Prince. That one's not really a spoiler, because come on you can see it from a mile away. It's HOW you fight him that blew me away the first time I played the game. Still love Prince of Persia despite of it not aging well.

The game looks very dated now. This was when games were trying vying for a little arcade gameplay action at the expense of bad stories and rather dated blocky graphics.

2.Witcher 3 - Hearts of Stone - The entire DLC. The fight with Olgierd which resembles that duel from the Deluge (the single best sword duel in cinematography EVER). The nod not only to the Faustian tale that always warns never to deal with the devil, but also to that German fairy tale "Heart of stone" written by Wilhelm Hauff. Bloody Gaunter O'Dimm who is the single most powerful enemy that Geralt had to deal with. Honestly this DLC won my heart, even more than Blood&Wine. Ah yeah, also the soundtrack "You're immortal". 

DAMN I NEED TO PLAY WITCHER 3 AGAIN. @Baranov_925 you truly have a reason to be proud xD

I still think Blood & Wine is one of the best DLCs I ever played. Hearts of Stone was still very good, but wasn't quite as epic.

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I still think Blood & Wine is one of the best DLCs I ever played. Hearts of Stone was still very good, but wasn't quite as epic.

Yeah this one won't hit as hard unless you are from this specific corner of the world :D there are some folklore details in Heart of Stone that are specific to Central and Eastern Europe. 

8 hours ago, Baranov_925 said:

@Copanele well, Cyberpunk 77 has been developed in Poland, sooooo.....XD

Mistakes have been made xD doesn't mean W3 is less epic! 

22 hours ago, Copanele said:

DAMN I NEED TO PLAY WITCHER 3 AGAIN.

Yeah the game was a friggin modern masterpiece. Still is in many, many ways. I, like others favoured Blood & Wine, but HoS was very dark. An awesome introduction to the new characters, I too loved the Faust idea behind it. Its rare I go through a game again once I have the 100% completion as I have seen all there is to see, but Mass Effect 2 and Witcher 3 are games that I can play over and over without the target of trophies to aim for. 

• Like 1

1. Persona 4 Golden: I loved all the gameplay in this, but the ending had me almost in tears where the MC leaves Inaba and they all run after the train, and also Never More playing in the background. It was such an amazing game that I was sad to finish it. It was the most I ever spent playing a game... 153 hours. 

2. FFX-2: The Thousand words concert, I found that really moving and loved that scene. For some reason I found myself getting emotional. 

3. Detroit Become Human: I was so amazed at how well crafted this game was. When I saw the flowcharts of endless possibilities and outcomes, I was like how can such a short chapter have so many things to do and so many alternative actions. The concept was also very cool to the point that I wish we had androids like that in real life, so I never have to cook and clean again. I also loved the actors in this, Marcus was so cool, made me want to watch Grey's Anatomy! 

4. Lightning Returns: I really like Lightning and I found this game so fun to play through, doing all the quests, getting different outfits and customising lightnings jobs and abilities etc. I was pretty hooked on this game and liked the way it tied up the 13 trilogy very nicely. 

5. Ken ga Kimi for V: As this game is only in Japanese, probably not many know it here but this game has me actually shedding tears more than any other game. It's full of tragedy, but the story is beautifully written and the happy endings are extremely nice. The other endings for each character can tear your heart out. 

6. Tales of Vesperia: This was my favourite Tales game, I really liked Yuri and the way he was a dark hero. As a result, I have accumulated quite a bit of Yuri merch from my trips to Japan and going to the Tales Festival in Yokohama twice.  

30 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

6. Tales of Vesperia: This was my favourite Tales game, I really liked Yuri and the way he was a dark hero. As a result, I have accumulated quite a bit of Yuri merch from my trips to Japan and going to the Tales Festival in Yokohama twice.  

Love hearing how gaming has pushed people to exploring different cultures and countries. Very awesome indeed. 

• Like 1

1. The first couple of hours in Devil May Cry where Dante gets back up and shrugs off getting impaled in the chest by Alastor and then a later cutscene where he backtalks Phantom. Keep in mind I played this back around the time DMC2 came out so seeing a protagonist backtalk a giant spider monster and shrug off getting impaled by a sword in the chest was really cool since other games I played didn't have protagonists like that.

2. Like mentioned above the scene in KOTOR where your past is revealed. But I also really like the buildup to you getting your own lightsaber since it felt like you were on your way to becoming a legendary hero (or villain depending on your alignment) especially since you spend the first few hours of the game mainly using blasters and swords. It was also cool that you could pick light or dark side choices in general and that the story would change depending on it. Probably the more noticeable change is your face winds up looking more pale and corrupted the further on the dark path you are.

3. Just being able to explore around in GTA: Vice City and seeing all the stuff you could do. It was my first sandbox and GTA game so I was just amazed by how much there was to explore to where I didn't really do the missions.

4. Leaving the sewers in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and seeing this (at the time) pretty open world where you could do the main quest whenever you felt like it, so I would opt to just explore around and do the other side quests instead. It really felt like a proper roleplay experience and your experience would be different from everyone else.

5. I don't remember the first game where I discovered this but when I found out you could dismember people in a game I thought it was really cool that you could do that. It might have been GTA: Vice City when I blew off someone's head with a rifle or cut their arms off with the katana, or maybe it was Jedi Outcast when you could use the lightsaber to cut off the arms of Stormtroopers and such. It was also one of the reasons that made The Punisher game really fun because every gun fight felt different on top of being similar to Max Payne in terms of gameplay.

Edit: I'll add a 6'th one actually, and that was playing the Star Wars Galaxies MMO which was a sandbox MMO. It was a whole different experience on its own, like you actually lived in a different world. The economy was player driven, guilds could build entire towns that if you were just going by them you would think they were apart of the game itself, and when I first played it there were so many classes you could be. Like you could be a trader while also being a master at hand-to-hand combat and a bounty hunter all at once. And since it took place between Episode IV and V, Jedi were very rare and so being able to become one was a huge deal and so it was awesome when you heard a lightsaber go off somewhere because Jedi players weren't supposed to go around wearing robes and having their lightsabers out or else they would get a bounty on them from the Empire and players that were bounty hunters would hunt them down.

It all drastically changed when they updated the game to where there were only 9 professions and then Jedi became a lot more common but there was still that sandbox aspect to where everyone was basically making their own stories and journeys. There really hasn't been an MMO like it since.

Edited by Redgrave

a- Escape from Monkey Island: I remember laughing my ass off when I realized that you have to pick up the statue that's weighing you down for it to stop weighing you down. It was such intense self-referential videogame logic that I couldn't help be flabbergasted by how they're not even trying to make sense.

1- Enter the Gungeon: I played hundreds of hours of this game on Switch, I unlocked every gun, every outfit, every alternative weapon skin, beat all the modes (including motherfucking Daisuke's challenge) and kinda stopped playing it after. Then it became free on PSN and I decided to go for the platinum. I downloaded it and went in for a no-commitment run with the convict, and I beat the Dragun on my first try. I was so proud of myself, I think it was the first time I was actually THAT good at a game.

ɑ- Metal Gear Solid 3: that ending got me crying, no joke. I remember the first person view of the Boss' grave and how Snake's vision is blurry because his eyes are watering up. It was so emotionally intense, in what is a game known for being narmy and nonsensical, they just go for this gut punch moment that I really don't think many games managed to pull off. I still remember first seeing that scene.

EDIT: can't pick two more, everything else pales in comparison to these.

Edited by NonsenseOblige

Mine would be (in no particular order) : 

Grand Theft Auto V (ps3+ps4) - I pre ordered it (something i RARELY do, only rockstars games), and i watched trailers, followed gaming sites for news, screenshots, or anything, and i was hyped beyond belief. I even drove on my scooter, all the way to the city (almost 20 miles each way), to pick the game up. When i got home and popped the game in, i was shocked. I couldn't believe how beautiful it was, and i've played it ever since. Also did platinum+100%. 

Diablo 2 (pc) - I loved this game. Played it to death with my friends. The story and the mood of the game, and the sound. Just loved it. 

Gran Turismo (ps1) - I got GT when my mom bought me my ps1. I played the game almost every day. My favourite thing to do, was tuning cars. I bought so many cars and upgraded and tuned them. I have many good memories with my ps1 and GT. Always brought it when i visited my dad on the weekends. 

Red Dead Redemption 1&2 (ps3+ps4) - These feel identical to me. The first one, i was excited because i KNEW that Rockstar makes good games, and even though im not a western fan, i bought and LOVED the game. With 2, i knew what i was going into, and that game is one of my favourite games EVER. (i don't think a game will ever top GTA V at release, for me though). 

L.A. Noire (ps3) - Pre ordered it, and blazed through it. The story and the atmosphere was amazing. I got it for ps4, and the game hasn't aged that well, but i still love it. 

Worthy mentions : GTA Vice City, GTA 3, GTA San Andreas, Portal+Portal 2, Counter-Strike.

I've had a think and can recall a few 'fuck me!' moments;

1. Gran Turismo: just the depth, looks, set up and speed of the cars was awesome

2.Assasin's Creed: The way it looked and the very first time you do a 'Leap of Faith'!

3.Timesplitters: my first ps2 game. I simply could not believe how fast the game was.

4.Resident Evil; The playing of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata in the game has stuck with me ever since. It was the perfect music for the situation

5.Silent Hill; That fucking radio static!!!. Had me shitting myself first time I heard it:o

3 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

Grand Theft Auto V (ps3+ps4) - I pre ordered it (something i RARELY do, only rockstars games), and i watched trailers, followed gaming sites for news, screenshots, or anything, and i was hyped beyond belief. I even drove on my scooter, all the way to the city (almost 20 miles each way), to pick the game up. When i got home and popped the game in, i was shocked. I couldn't believe how beautiful it was, and i've played it ever since. Also did platinum+100%. 

I was always the same with Rockstar Games, forget my opinion of them now, but at the time before the release of GTAV they were my all time favourite devs, even GTAV/O and despite how I feel about shark cards, the fact is the gameplay is top notch. 

I used to know someone at Rockstar North and I respected that they couldn't gasp about what was going on, but I remember when I first heard about the map and how they intend to support the game for years to come, I suggested to him that this time around they should work on a track editor or something as no matter how much they pump out, the gamer will get bored of dev created tracks. I remember he just looked at me and said 'you have nothing to worry about' then pinched a cig out me packet. I nearly pissed all over myself, not just out of rage of the cheeky bastard taking one of my cigs, but at the thought of the track editor and what was to come.