JohnFPSKing

Ooh, in ya face! efficient method

21 posts in this topic

So I unlocked the Ooh, in ya face! trophy earlier today, after trying off and on for about 2 days using each method from Keith Jardine and Rampage elbow method to the glitch kick method with Mirko Cro Cop and Cheick Kongo and nothing worked. But I asked around and was told a different method. Credit to @Vannila_Gorila6 for giving me this method although I'm not sure if it's his own, it might be a couple methods blended together. Anyway, the person getting the trophy uses Mirko Cro Cop against Eddie Sanchez. When the fight start grab Eddie with the right analog stick and then press and hold L1 and rotate the right analog stick to slam Eddie. Slam him until he gets rocked from the slams (screen turns gray) and then have Eddie throw a headkick, back up and throw a Superman Punch with Mirko Cro Cop, and try to time it right by landing the Superman Punch with Mirko Cro Cop just as Eddie's foot lifts off the ground and rinse and repeat until you get it. You'll know you got it because when the Superman Punch is landed, it'll possibly enter slow-mo after the Punch connects. Good luck.

Yeah you're right, it's kind of a blended method.

I bet you're glad you got that trophy out of the way....I know I was!!!

20 hours ago, PHIL_DADDY1 said:

Yeah you're right, it's kind of a blended method.

I bet you're glad you got that trophy out of the way....I know I was!!!

Yeah, I was worried I wouldn't have it by the time I got the 100 wins trophy, but I was able to get it before. I think I had 83 wins when I got the trophy.

I've tried this method and all others that I've found. Nothing.

About to hit 100 wins and no Flash KO....

On 13/06/2021 at 2:50 PM, mikeandleanne12 said:

I've tried this method and all others that I've found. Nothing.

About to hit 100 wins and no Flash KO....

Your timing is off then, I was helping my friend demonoid321 with it and he couldn't do it, I got on his account and did it for him in around 3 or 4 tries. He was on an alt playing against me while I was on his main. If worst comes to worst, make an alt and I can get on your account and play against your alt and try it like that. It's all about timing.

Edited by JohnFPSKing

I've tried it with my alt about 50 times and with a friend another 10 times trying different timings. No luck

Probably just glitched for me

27 minutes ago, mikeandleanne12 said:

I've tried it with my alt about 50 times and with a friend another 10 times trying different timings. No luck

Probably just glitched for me

For awhile I thought the trophy was glitched for me too, but it just turns out that the trophy itself is a buggy mess. I personally used the “glitch kick”/Superman punch method, but with Mirko Cro Cop and another fighter (I don’t remember which). Do the glitch kick with player 2 and then you must have good timing with the Superman punch as player 2 is getting closer to you. Try and try again until the trophy pops, it will eventually. Don’t give up!

5 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

For awhile I thought the trophy was glitched for me too, but it just turns out that the trophy itself is a buggy mess. I personally used the “glitch kick”/Superman punch method, but with Mirko Cro Cop and another fighter (I don’t remember which). Do the glitch kick with player 2 and then you must have good timing with the Superman punch as player 2 is getting closer to you. Try and try again until the trophy pops, it will eventually. Don’t give up!

Can you give more details? Do you need to damage him first with body blows to weaken and then superman punch? I just try to 1 punch him?

15 minutes ago, mikeandleanne12 said:

Can you give more details? Do you need to damage him first with body blows to weaken and then superman punch? I just try to 1 punch him?

Nope, no need to weaken. Start out the fight by instantly doing the glitch kick with your 2nd player and once they get closer to you try to time the Superman punch to hit them as they’re coming right in front of you, if it fails just back up each fighter and try again. Eventually the punch will land flush on the face and get you the trophy. I apologize for not remembering which fighter I had as player 2, but if I’m being honest I’m not too sure it matters. I’d use a fighter recommended in one of the other forums/comments, but you want to be Cro Cop when using the Superman punch. 

4 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Nope, no need to weaken. Start out the fight by instantly doing the glitch kick with your 2nd player and once they get closer to you try to time the Superman punch to hit them as they’re coming right in front of you, if it fails just back up each fighter and try again. Eventually the punch will land flush on the face and get you the trophy. I apologize for not remembering which fighter I had as player 2, but if I’m being honest I’m not too sure it matters. I’d use a fighter recommended in one of the other forums/comments, but you want to be Cro Cop when using the Superman punch. 

Ok thanks for the info. I’ve tried that a number of times but will keep it up. Hopefully lucky just once.

3 minutes ago, mikeandleanne12 said:

Ok thanks for the info. I’ve tried that a number of times but will keep it up. Hopefully lucky just once.

No problem! It took me well over 100 tries before I got the trophy, so don’t feel bad. You’ll get it 🙂

24 minutes ago, mikeandleanne12 said:

Me and my friend tried that method with Mirko Cro Cop and Cheick Kongo with the glitch kick, to no avail. The only one that work both times was the method I posted. It's not glitched, it's just about timing. If you don't weaken them, then the higher the chance of you rocking them. Because you even rock them quite a bit even after weakening them. We tried at least 60 plus times with all the other methods, that was the only method that worked and got us both the trophy. 

36 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Eddie Sanchez is the prefered player 2 as he has the lowest stats at Heavyweight. It matters a bit because doing it against a higher Overall fighters increases the chance of rocking them rather flash KO'ing them, and even more tries and matches. While you could do it against Brock Lesnar, but you needing luck goes up exponentially.

ok so I just randomly got it using this same method I've tried dozens of times  lol

thanks to all who provided advice!

i just got the trophy with the glitch kick and the superman punch. it all seems to be very random and took me like 30 trys though. i looked up all forums and found many solutions and i guess that most of them work like the one johnfpsking has mentioned. if someone needs an advice, i would say stick to one strat and do it over and over again till you get it.

best of luck!

20 hours ago, Tommiieeh said:

i just got the trophy with the glitch kick and the superman punch. it all seems to be very random and took me like 30 trys though. i looked up all forums and found many solutions and i guess that most of them work like the one johnfpsking has mentioned. if someone needs an advice, i would say stick to one strat and do it over and over again till you get it.

best of luck!

I got the trophy with the method I posted in around 3-4 tries after 60 plus tries of all the other methods with no success. I then helped my friend @demonoid321 get the trophy in around 3-4 tries as well. I then helped @I_dontPullOut- in exactly 8 tries all using the method I posted. So it seems it's the most effective way of getting the trophy to unlock. It's all about timing, though. Most people either get the trophy using other methods after 100 plus matches, or they don't get the trophy at all. @mikeandleanne12 said they used the method I posted and they got the trophy, although it took them a while.

Edited by JohnFPSKing

Yeah I don’t think there is an efficient method for it as different ones work fro diffferent people. The fact that one person was able to do it twice in short succession does not necessarily mean it wasn’t random either. 

thank God it’s done

10 hours ago, mikeandleanne12 said:

Yeah I don’t think there is an efficient method for it as different ones work fro diffferent people. The fact that one person was able to do it twice in short succession does not necessarily mean it wasn’t random either. 

thank God it’s done

Could be right, but going off of what I've seen, that method works wonders. After trying over 60 times using all other methods, that one worked - consistently. But it's all about timing so you might be able to get it consistent with another method if you get the timing down, but so far from what I've seen, that's the best way that I noticed as it was consistent in a shorter amount of tries/matches. Nonetheless, I agree. Glad it's out the way.

Me and my friend are going for this trophy now and having some issues…. I was hoping someone can clarify that if you ROCK THEM does it void the trophy that match? Because we have got a flash KO after the victim is rocked and no trophy. Thanks for anyone who can confirm 😊🏆

3 hours ago, Ruviks_Soul said:

Me and my friend are going for this trophy now and having some issues…. I was hoping someone can clarify that if you ROCK THEM does it void the trophy that match? Because we have got a flash KO after the victim is rocked and no trophy. Thanks for anyone who can confirm 1f60a.png1f3c6.png

Yeah. It voids the trophy if you rock them that fight.

10 hours ago, JohnFPSKing said:

Yeah. It voids the trophy if you rock them that fight.

Ok thanks for clarifying that bud 

On 29/06/2021 at 7:08 AM, Ruviks_Soul said:

Ok thanks for clarifying that bud 

No problem.