Time out episode wins on Hex-a-4041

RustyBacon13

This hasn't been posted anywhere yet as far as I can tell

A few games on my way to the 20 episode wins trophy and the Plat coupe of hours ago, I won some games on Hex-a-4041 just by running out the clock. Luckily there were a few sessions when enough of the players there instinctively knew that by jumping from the get go and, not running and clearing out the level quick and just staying in the upper levels for a as long as possible, eventually the game would time out and everybody wins. Happened to me 4 times.

Its definitely a time out issue. one of the games gave the win when we had just reached the second to last yellow level. The others games higher up. The Slower you go the better.

Most games I played still had the usual runners clearing out tiles as fast as they can so this is by no means a common thing to chance upon.

Sorry that this might be bit late though since Hex is up for another day or so I guess. But if you're struggling for episode wins, this could definitely help. Not sure if you can farm this if you have a big coordinated group on Discord or whatever but its worth a shot.

Happy Gaming Everyone!

• Like 1

And that's why low gravity Hexagone sucks. It's either an easy win as soon as you isolate yourself, a forced time out if everybody jumps slowly instead of running (As you mentioned), or a clutch end with multiple players chasing the very last tile (This third scenario happens everytime in low gravity Thin Ice). This low gravity variant ruined both Hexagone and Thin Ice, in fact I am glad that, excluding this event, it very rarely happens everywhere else.

But in the meanwhile yeah, it's a reliable way to farm crowns if you have a consistent boosting group.

Edited by KenjiCBZ
Grammar

4 hours ago, AMKrishnan said:

damn didn't know this! I've got 2 wins from it so far. I'll try this next time but I feel a lot of casuals will just run around so I won't be able to utilise this. I need 5-6 more wins to get the golden guy trophy and then the plat.

yeah, most players would definitely still play the traditional way and clear up tiles fast but considering I got those 4 runs with like minded players in the few hours I played should indicate some players are catching on. Its rare but it will happen.

Good luck on your run! ??

Thanks for the tips !

Don't know what kind of pro / aware lobbies you were in but on my end, after 1h of tries, it's mostly been chaotic runners, grabbers, sabotagers, and very unaware people...

Crossplay on / off doesn't make a huge difference.

I'll keep trying but once again it's all so random...

I honestly never knew this, played on it a few times over the last couple of days and it always ended with 1 winner (never reached a time out) really enjoyed this event because I managed to get 3 wins on it and got the plat trophy :) the first 2 rounds are easy to get through because people are dumb and always get knocked out pretty quickly, the final round is where I try my hardest though, was a fun event tbh

• Like 1

My closest time to winning here was my first try, I was the last person eliminated. Funny thing is I thought I was going to win but it looks like there was another guy offscreen, either above or far behind me. Idiots who run on every floor always ruin the game.

7 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

My closest time to winning here was my first try, I was the last person eliminated. Funny thing is I thought I was going to win but it looks like there was another guy offscreen, either above or far behind me. Idiots who run on every floor always ruin the game.

yeah when the idiots start running close to me, I'm thinking "get away from my hexagons" it's funny when you seem them fall a couple of rows down though

• 1 month later...

I believe it’s 6 minutes? Does anyone know the best server region to try this on? I keep queuing solo in east coast US and always get paired with a bunch of try hards and I have to actually win legit haha. This mode is super easy though because of the low gravity and you can usually just do your own thing on the edge. 

Edit: I saw someone above suggest the Australian server the last time this mode was available. I tried that and could only consistently find people by turning cross-platform on but it worked perfectly. The first two rounds are the most cutthroat I’ve seen. The average pc players seem wayyyyy better than the average PlayStation players. Some of them will intentionally jump down to the bottom rows at the start to clear out pretty much all the tiles. Staying alive is all about how you play on the top rows and carefully calculating every drop you make. But when you make it to the third you’re golden. Everyone is on the same page and the full group gets crowns pretty much every time. Some people literally make shapes waiting out the clock lmao ?. I always have a bad connection (and this may have led to a few deaths) because I’m about as far from Australia as possible and my internet is fine but not great. But I’ve never been disconnected. There’s about 35 hours left on this mode as of this edit.

Edit 2: I just timed it and the person above was correct. It’s exactly 5 minutes. Also something I just figured out (I’m totally new to this game) is that if you pause for a brief like half-second every time you land before you jump again, then you can slow down the rate you use up the floor even more. 

Edited by F1rstinFlight
New Information

Come join the Australian servers! Right now everybody’s jumping around like House Of Pain, matchmaking is just as (if not more) frequent than US East and if you’re lucky enough you can unlock Infallible along with the other crown-related trophies.

Hurry, there’s just over 24 hours is left as of this post’s submission time/date!

• Like 2