EA Origins not working

akdkiller

2 minutes ago, Fugl7 said:

It's all about legal reasons i'm afraid to cover all their bases in case of being taken to court. They basicly have lawyers writing this stuff so they have covered all their bases.

Well, you might be right. I'm not having the cover in front of me so I can't say what it says word by word. But I'm pretty sure if it can be interpreted you don't come far with it i'm afraid as the other party (EA in this case) would just argue the other way if it comes to it.

I guess the question of the wording would be up to the court to decide should it every be taken that far. It's just bad practice to use such an ambiguous phrasing.

4 minutes ago, Fugl7 said:

It's all about legal reasons i'm afraid to cover all their bases in case of being taken to court. They basicly have lawyers writing this stuff so they have covered all their bases.

Well, you might be right. I'm not having the cover in front of me so I can't say what it says word by word. But I'm pretty sure if it can be interpreted you don't come far with it i'm afraid as the other party (EA in this case) would just argue the other way if it comes to it.

The full citate on the syndicate box (and I will asume its the same on other PS3 games like fuse) is:

"EA may retire online features after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/2/service-updates "

But I can also interpretend that as:

"EA [may not] retire online features after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/2/service-updates"

If so then they could retire it any day of the week without a notice as they dont have to carry on with the given statement.

The keyword may is really meaningless in court.

4 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

The full citate on the syndicate box (and I will asume its the same on other PS3 games like fuse) is:

"EA may retire online features after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/2/service-updates "

But I can also interpretend that as:

"EA [may not] retire online features after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/2/service-updates"

If so then they could retire it any day of the week without a notice as they dont have to carry on with the given statement.

The keyword may is really meaningless in court.

I'm not an expert on law in general and especially not how law is practice in the states so by all means it could be something to pursuit.i just know that all companies have these terms of agreements and documents written so that most cases would be meaningless to pursuit for exactly these purposes.

That said. It's anti consumer friendly to do it like this in the first place and EA could probably have saved themself alot of complaints by just follow the procedures and wrote two lines about it back in May?

1 minute ago, Fugl7 said:

I'm not an expert on law in general and especially not how law is practice in the states so by all means it could be something to pursuit.i just know that all companies have these terms of agreements and documents written so that most cases would be meaningless to pursuit for exactly these purposes.

That said. It's anti consumer friendly to do it like this in the first place and EA could probably have saved themself alot of complaints by just follow the procedures and wrote two lines about it back in May?

definently anti-consumer. But also very much what a company would do to defend themselves.

If I see the word 'may' on certain statements in compliances I receive. my neckhairs start to act up. 

42 minutes ago, Hysteria said:

Nope after 30 days NOTICE ! Logically you don’t get notice after you get it before!!!

In simple language it means they may/will retire after 30 day notice. But in this case we never got a notice. So we do have a chance.

4 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

EA may retire online features after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/2/service-updates

2 hours ago, Lord_BenWon said:

The "MAY" word just means that they can terminate services and are not obligated to keep them forever but at least a 30 days notice is required.

That's the way I read it.  The former, may retire online features, can only be initiated after the latter, 30 days notice, has been completed.  EA broke their terms on the back of the box AND broke their own user agreement.

14 hours ago, ASILENTENIGMA said:

That's the way I read it.  The former, may retire online features, can only be initiated after the latter, 30 days notice, has been completed.  EA broke their terms on the back of the box AND broke their own user agreement.

I read that as well, like many of you. but I don't believe that holds up in court as it has a fairly easy way to interpretent this the as been fair play from EA. 

But you only know for sure if you guys try to bring them to court. As court is much more then just "how to interpretent a measly statement". ;)

Edited by Bumperklever

3 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

You won't. And that's why this whole discussion here is rather pointless. 

This thread is on the psnp front page every day lol and it's the same people writing the same things over and over again. It's actually quite amusing at this point. 

Let's face it: The game won't come back. It sucks sure, but it is what it is. 

I will keep fighting no matter what this is unacceptable from every angle.

19 minutes ago, Hysteria said:

Really? Like how in the hell you gonna bring them in court ? Or even deliver the issue to a court ?

Of course you need to get them to court at any level to punish them. what did you expect. That the police were gonna walse in and fine them. :P

@Sinthoras_96 is 100% right here. it has been 289 posts about practically nothing. Go and send to the BBB or try to get attention from media outlets, but if that doesn't work then let it be. You are in the hands of EA's decision now. Everything next to that has been amusing which is why I return to check in so often :)

Wish people put up such a fight for pvz gw2 dlc :P

10 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

You won't. And that's why this whole discussion here is rather pointless. 

This thread is on the psnp front page every day lol and it's the same people writing the same things over and over again. It's actually quite amusing at this point. 

Let's face it: The game won't come back. It sucks sure, but it is what it is. 

• Like 1

Whilst in all likelyhood nothing will come of this, that doesn't mean we need backlash for trying. It's not like we are sitting here talking, but doing nothing. It's just that writing a forum post here is instant, but waiting for replys from standards authorities in the real world takes time.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

This topic has turned into one humungous joke. Threatening to sue EA? Good luck. It's all bravado. No one in here has the time, money, and expertise needed to do something like that (it wouldn't work anyway due to the wording of their T&Cs which covers them).

Also, the wording for the online termination actually covers them from both angles, as someone said: cleverly worded by lawyers/their legal team:
"May" can imply an option too. Example:

Person 1: are you going to the shops today?
Person 2: I may do

That implies they may or may not go. One particular user spamming the hell out of their forums does the cause absolutely no good whatsoever, to the point where it has probably pissed the customer support off into not wanting to help. 

Don’t really know who is dying & write a petition of F.E.A.R 2 to bring server back ? & splinter cell black list thread when players there were trying hard to bring the weekly challenges back & they did bring it back !! , not being beaten from the first round with a babality finish move ! Don’t need a reminder these games R from different devs cuz yes from different devs

& publishers but nobody gives a $hit about trophies hunters ! & that’s what matter. 

Yeah what about Skate , Dante inferno & MOH !!? 

Edited by Hysteria

45 minutes ago, Hysteria said:

Don’t really know who is dying & write a petition of F.E.A.R 2 to bring server back ? & splinter cell black list thread when players there were trying hard to bring the weekly challenges back & they did bring it back !! , not being beaten from the first round with a babality finish move ! Don’t need a reminder these games R from different devs cuz yes from different devs

& publishers but nobody gives a $hit about trophies hunters ! & that’s what matter. 

Yeah what about Skate , Dante inferno & MOH !!? 

Not a good comparison as they servers weren't subject to be axed. they were bugged and EA was nice enough to unbug them. 

fuse is axed. They said that they turned the servers offline, but this is done without a notice. If I make a comparison I would say that pvz gw2 dlc modes comes the closest to it. and they didn't care / do shit to make that one achievable again. 

Have hope, keep on trying. But this thread is definently gonna go 300 without anything meaningful for about 100 post ago. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

Not a good comparison as they servers weren't subject to be axed. they were bugged and EA was nice enough to unbug them. 

fuse is axed. They said that they turned the servers offline, but this is done without a notice. If I make a comparison I would say that pvz gw2 dlc modes comes the closest to it. and they didn't care / do shit to make that one achievable again. 

Have hope, keep on trying. But this thread is definently gonna go 300 without anything meaningful for about 100 post ago. 

Bugged/ axed = unobtainable trophies doesn’t matter. 

Players who isn’t interested it to try to bring it back unsubscribe easy . 

Edited by Hysteria
  • Like 1

Guys, no one is forcing you to get into this topic. We appreciate your concern and advice that it will not be reopened. And it will surely be so and we will stop writing when we have exhausted the possibilities. But writing all the time for a game that has no interest does not make sense.
At least have you written in the EA forum to help us or are you just teaching us here?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

to the point where it has probably pissed the customer support off into not wanting to help. 

As if they even tried to help besides doing what they should've done back in may.

It was rather nice of them to inform people about closure 2 weeks too late after endless pestering. I guess we should've just stopped asking questions back then, too, because oh man, some intern might get upset about people asking "why the hell don't you do your job?"

Of all the points today (most of which were though harsh, but fair) this is the most baffling to me, really, the fact that someone wrote "it pissed them off into not wanting to help" with a straight face.
I get it, it's amusing to see people concerned about an average forgotten game, because yeah, it's not really worth it, and it's EA, not some goody-two-shoes company that might listen to reason. But Jesus Christ, passing judgment on people who bought the game, got screwed and hope for the best - are you sure you really want to call it and this thread of people trying different things and methods "a joke"?

Edited by Samurai_SNAAAKE
  • Like 2

Splinter Cell is Ubisoft not EA. I've had FUSE on my to do list for years, think I've missed out on every online trophy. But i blame myself more than EA. Gonna try get as many PS3 online trophies as i can so I don't have to worry about it anymore. Just did Aliens Colonial Marines, everything can be done in LAN, wish every game had a LAN option.