EA Origins not working

akdkiller

41 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Incredible, people, why... We all should cooperate and try to put pressure on EA to put back the servers and give the 30 days grace before shutting them down for good, when they failed to keep on their policy and give a notice.

Instead, this whole thread has devolved into a battleground where people are arguing to each other.

They need to bring back dlc content of garden warfare 2 

21 minutes ago, dottyduke1 said:

I suggest renaming this thread to "Unexpected Server Shutdown!" or something along those lines. Maybe it would get more people's attention.

I'll second that idea.  It's sounds good.  Perhaps if more people see that then it could lead to...

44 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

We all should cooperate and try to put pressure on EA to put back the servers and give the 30 days grace before shutting them down for good, when they failed to keep on their policy and give a notice.

Absolutely!!! The above is really the only option we have.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Games/FUSE-ERROR-EA-ORGINS-SERVERS/td-p/10405827/page/7

Keep posting everyone!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

I have been following this thread from the beginning (was interested in playing FUSE) but its kinda ironic you say that while you have been the one spamming this thread multiple times a day for a few weeks now.

Anyway, how about we close this thread? It has long since run its course and not much of value has been posted in the last few pages. EA is shit, we know, lets move on.

I don’t spam : 

- First : there is something called updating ( you can search it on google if you don’t understand what the hell that means) 

- second : I am the one who posted on Twitter for outlets media for gaming ( IGN , Gamespot etc.. )

plus the “ lovely “ EA in Twitter & every way possible & wrote BBB to help. 

- Third : some players had issue to progress through BBB & I tried hard to find solution for it & Post it in here . 

Fourth : am encouraging players not even in here ( my last post was in max Payne 3 thread ) . 

Fifth : when I write I don’t write everything in my head in this thread cuz I put them here while it’s in process so that’s why I don’t write an article(: cuz I hate very long writing. 

sixth : If I were you I wouldn’t attack someone who is lyrical & shades thrower. (:

Edited by Hysteria

55 minutes ago, manh_and_cheese said:

If you are looking for explanation, I have it. I probably wasn't the only one who noticed the disappearance of the DLC on EU and NA Stores (DLC in Japan store is still there) but I was the one who brought it up to EA online support. Remember the AOT: 40th Day ticket I used to compare to my Fuse ticket that got me a 24h ban from EA_Cade? That ticket was for asking why the DLC was delisted.

I didn't save the chat log so I'm gonna summarize it: Basically for old games with the devs being closed or moved to another companies, EA will ask the devs to create a fixed number of product keys that they think will keep the sales alive long enough (let say, 500k keys for 10-year sale, divided equally to each region) before closing down the studios. But at certain regions/stores, some games/DLCs have way better sales than what EA anticipated and they ran out of product keys for those games/DLCs. At this point, the game/DLC will be automatically delisted from the store (because there's no more product to sell). That makes so much sense for why the DLC of AOT and Dante's Inferno were delisted at some stores but still appear on other regions' stores.

P/S: My experience with that support guy was incredible. He literally tried to ask anyone who could have answer and didn't pull off random sh*t like the guy handling my Fuse ticket was doing. Kudos to the guy handling my AOT ticket once again!

Makes sense ):

18 hours ago, Samurai_SNAAAKE said:

You tell that to Army of TWO: 40th day with removing mask servers and delisting DLC without any warning few months ago.
Tell that to Burnout Crash!, to Mass Effect: Infiltrator and other games EA removed outright without any warning at al in one huge sweep in 2015l?
https://toucharcade.com/2015/09/11/ea-quietly-removes-flight-control-real-racing-and-other-classics-from-the-app-store/
Or how about that warning about removing Need for Speeds from stores about an hour before removing them? 

But you know what? I'm not arguing that Activision is some great company. And it being better or worse is irrelevant, really.
I'm arguing that

1) EA has a dedicated big site for such announcements - it didn't bother updating it still.

2) EA has a statement in ToS about notification - yet they forgot to provide one

Even though we don't agree on this matter fully, I will agree with you that EA are the top of the pile in terms of shutting FEATURES without warning, no one even comes close to them (Fight night champion, Army of two, NFS The Run and many more). We can end on some common ground!

16 hours ago, manh_and_cheese said:

I didn't save the chat log so I'm gonna summarize it: Basically for old games with the devs being closed or moved to another companies, EA will ask the devs to create a fixed number of product keys that they think will keep the sales alive long enough (let say, 500k keys for 10-year sale, divided equally to each region) before closing down the studios. But at certain regions/stores, some games/DLCs have way better sales than what EA anticipated and they ran out of product keys for those games/DLCs. At this point, the game/DLC will be automatically delisted from the store (because there's no more product to sell). That makes so much sense for why the DLC of AOT and Dante's Inferno were delisted at some stores but still appear on other regions' stores.

This is so... logical. But I find it weird sometimes how some european stores still have DLCs, while others don't.

• Like 1

I got my response today from citizens advise. They have refered the case to trading standards who will now look into the matter. Additionally I informed them that the company was not responding to any attempts to make a complaint to escalate the issue, so now I await what they think is the best route to take. I noted that EA is part of an ADR, but it seems to be solely america based, with quite high filing fees.

• Like 4

Just now, jpwbjpwb said:

I got my response today from citizens advise. They have refered the case to trading standards who will now look into the matter. Additionally I informed them that the company was not responding to any attempts to make a complaint to escalate the issue, so now I await what they think is the best route to take. I noted that EA is part of an ADR, but it seems to be solely america based, with quite high filing fees.

Good luck.

This is honestly pathetic they couldn't just extend it out one month.  How much can that seriously cost them.  Like honestly.

• Like 4

Passed along the info to Vudix asking him if he can try again to ask them to extend the servers.  If he's going to be successful at all, people need to keep posting.  Don't have to be obnoxious about it, but especially if we could get new people jumping on that thread and asking too.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Chettlar said:

Passed along the info to Vudix asking him if he can try again to ask them to extend the servers.  If he's going to be successful at all, people need to keep posting.  Don't have to be obnoxious about it, but especially if we could get new people jumping on that thread and asking too.

Thread link?

2 hours ago, Kal2210 said:

Thread link?

https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1231932&page=72

Vudix is more achievement focused, but still is absolutely willing to help with trophies and especially since most of the time, fixing an achievement would mean fixing its equivalent trophy.

If you want the discord, just click on their profile and you'll find it there.  Basically all Vudix said was that they'd been introduced to a few more people at EA and would try and get in touch with them, and were going to see what they could do and were really hopeful.  Some people at EA seemed somewhat responsive to req changes.  I responded that was fine for a lot of games but this is one where, while that would be nice too, it would really really help if the servers were up for this game for a least a little while.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chettlar said:

https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1231932&page=72

Vudix is more achievement focused, but still is absolutely willing to help with trophies and especially since most of the time, fixing an achievement would mean fixing its equivalent trophy.

If you want the discord, just click on their profile and you'll find it there.  Basically all Vudix said was that they'd been introduced to a few more people at EA and would try and get in touch with them, and were going to see what they could do and were really hopeful.  Some people at EA seemed somewhat responsive to req changes.  I responded that was fine for a lot of games but this is one where, while that would be nice too, it would really really help if the servers were up for this game for a least a little while.

Appreciate it your hard work & the others . 

Ok guys. I litterly wrote shit. The curse word wasnt ment in a bad way, it just was written about EA not caring about achievements at all, they closed the servers without notice, ofc we are going to be upset about it. TmIt even says in terms of use or whatever thatt online features will get a month notice prior to shutdown of servers.

So they removed my comment for no reason at all.

And shit isnt a curse word in my opinion. They are trying to silence us. Screenshot-20210706-172533.png

Edited by DividedByMankind

8 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Ok guys. I litterly wrote shit. The curse word wasnt ment in a bad way, it just was written about EA not caring about achievements at all, they closed the servers without notice, ofc we are going to be upset about it. TmIt even says in terms of use or whatever thatt online features will get a month notice prior to shutdown of servers.

So they removed my comment for no reason at all.

And shit isnt a curse word in my opinion. They are trying to silence us. Screenshot-20210706-172533.png

Well, it is technically a swear word, but yeah, they do monitor the thread, but don't say, well, shit. It's funny, really.

• Like 1

Yeah, we're more likely to be successful expressing both the practical disappointment and a reasonable request for them to make good on their policy here.  It's most just we need to keep having more people express interest here.  Breaking rules probably won't really help.

8 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Has everyone give up?

Nope.  I'm still trying.  Asked Vudix again if he'd made contact with anyone, and made a resetera thread trying to get more awareness about it too.

Just gotta keep trying.  This one is pretty important to me :(  

Reach out to friends and ask them to comment on the EA thread too and send emails as well.

Edited by Chettlar
  • Like 1

I just reacted on that thread again. as we went from a overkill situation with a lot of people saying nonsensical things to pretty much been a dead subject.

A dead subject the EA community managers may like to see.

But for 'research' this is taking way to long. So, don't get your hopes up.

• Like 3

Talking with Vudix it seems as though it isn't clear internally whose fault this is.  Some people internally are saying it's on the studio, but we had insomniac say that it's EA, and plus that's what we'd think especially considering the notification that the origin account is what isn't connecting in game, although tbf game messages aren't always specifically exactly correct.

So it sounds like honestly no one there knows.  He said he's got a meeting with them soon, so fingers crossed.

In the mean time, I wouldn't pressure EA to put the game on their sunset list, or anything like that.  Just keep politely asking for if they could get an update on when this can be fixed.

• Like 2