EA Origins not working

akdkiller

8 hours ago, Chettlar said:

Talking with Vudix it seems as though it isn't clear internally whose fault this is.  Some people internally are saying it's on the studio, but we had insomniac say that it's EA, and plus that's what we'd think especially considering the notification that the origin account is what isn't connecting in game, although tbf game messages aren't always specifically exactly correct.

EA Online is EA's service, so it's EA, not Insomniac. I doubt studio cares about Fuse at all, but multiplayer is on publisher's side of things.

20 minutes ago, Samurai_SNAAAKE said:

EA Online is EA's service, so it's EA, not Insomniac. I doubt studio cares about Fuse at all, but multiplayer is on publisher's side of things.

That's what I would think yeah.  But they've made it clear by now basically no one there knows what's going on.  I mean most people at EA seemed to think this wasn't a shutdown at first.

So hopefully Vudix can get to the bottom of exactly who called for the shut down and actually get an audience with them.

All we need to do is show that we're still asking about this so the he's got ammo to say hey look, people care and notice.

Edited by Chettlar

Hey so uh.  I cannot even play the game at all.  If I try to continue or do level select in solo campaign it still won't let me.

Is this true for anyone else?

I even disconnected my PS3 from the internet thinking that would start it in like an "offline" mode.  Nope!  Still won't let me.

EDIT: oh, didn't see there is literally a separate "offline" mode.  ...Why though.  How is that different that solo.

Edited by Chettlar

20 hours ago, Chettlar said:

Hey so uh.  I cannot even play the game at all.  If I try to continue or do level select in solo campaign it still won't let me.

Is this true for anyone else?

I even disconnected my PS3 from the internet thinking that would start it in like an "offline" mode.  Nope!  Still won't let me.

EDIT: oh, didn't see there is literally a separate "offline" mode.  ...Why though.  How is that different that solo.

I had no issues at all. 

7 hours ago, akdkiller said:

I still dont know why they dont put the game in their sunset list. 

I'm just continuing to ask people to keep posting in that thread occasionally asking them to.  Maybe it's not on that list because behind the scenes they're asking what's going on.  Maybe something core to it really is on Insomniac's side and that's moving slowly.  

On 7/26/2021 at 6:49 PM, Chettlar said:

I'm just continuing to ask people to keep posting in that thread occasionally asking them to.  Maybe it's not on that list because behind the scenes they're asking what's going on.  Maybe something core to it really is on Insomniac's side and that's moving slowly.  

They’re likely still weighing cost vs benefit of turning them back on. I filed a complaint with BBB because I purchased the game literally 3 days before it went down without warning even though the packaging clearly stated 30 days of notice. I’m still just waiting. Until they officially acknowledge it, there’s hope of them doing the right thing.

• Like 3

On 7/28/2021 at 10:24 PM, Kal2210 said:

They’re likely still weighing cost vs benefit of turning them back on. I filed a complaint with BBB because I purchased the game literally 3 days before it went down without warning even though the packaging clearly stated 30 days of notice. I’m still just waiting. Until they officially acknowledge it, there’s hope of them doing the right thing.

Wait so BBB won't do anything since EA officially hasn't acknowledged they're down??

Will they not accept evidence that the servers are down?  Because like, surely they see how that is an obvious loophole for companies.

Just now, Zbir_Vladimir said:

I posted in that thread too because I really wanted to do that game (was about to start when it shut down).

Sadly I dont think EA will bother enough but it's worth to at least give it a try.

Yeah all we can do is keep it up at the top of the forum there and keep asking, especially if we have people we know who we can ask to post as well.

I received a BS response from BBB and hope they follow up again. I bought the game the day before it went down (after looking up when it shut down, purchased 05/29) and was reassured by the promise of one months notice. Seems pretty messed up on their part to not honor what’s directly printed on their packaging.

Edited by Kal2210

9 minutes ago, Kal2210 said:

I sent in a BBB complaint. I bought the game the day before it went down and was reassured by the promise of one months notice. Seems pretty messed up on their part to not honor what’s directly printed on their packaging.

Just a few posts up you claim you bought it "Literally 3 days" before shutdown, and now it's just one? You already stated you filed the complaint. Did you buy it from a retailer new/ If not does the BBB cover second hand, or used sales? 

1 hour ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Just a few posts up you claim you bought it "Literally 3 days" before shutdown, and now it's just one? You already stated you filed the complaint. Did you buy it from a retailer new/ If not does the BBB cover second hand, or used sales? 

Bought from Walmart online on 5/29 after checking my email confirmation. Received a canned response from EA via BBB as now updated above, which basically just said “we’re looking into it”. My complaint is with EA, not Walmart. The point of my post was essentially a “bump”.

BBB tracks North American companies regarding their reputation. They don’t ever give out refunds themselves. They contact the company for consumers when a complaint is filed and, if too many unresolved complaints, will give these businesses lower scores.

41 minutes ago, Kal2210 said:

Bought from Walmart online on 5/29 after checking my email confirmation. Received a canned response from EA via BBB as now updated above, which basically just said “we’re looking into it”. My complaint is with EA, not Walmart. The point of my post was essentially a “bump”.

BBB tracks North American companies regarding their reputation. They don’t ever give out refunds themselves. They contact the company for consumers when a complaint is filed and, if too many unresolved complaints, will give these businesses lower scores.

Well, Yeah. I know what the BBB is. I also know they don't have any teeth. They are simply a consumer reporting program. They can't do anything punitive except give out a score that most people will never see. 

10 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Well, Yeah. I know what the BBB is. I also know they don't have any teeth. They are simply a consumer reporting program. They can't do anything punitive except give out a score that most people will never see. 

I think that businesses are still more responsive to multiple BBB complaints than they are to random forum complaints. 

As an update, this is the response I received re: BBB complaint about the Fuse servers going down without notice.

“Hello,

In this case the responsibility lies with Insomniac, as they retained ownership of the maintenance of online servers. EA was only the publisher.

Any sunset messaging would come from Insomniac rather than EA. 

Kind Regards,

Electronic Arts
EA Help”

I guess I’ll also submit one for insomniac with this pasted in the complaint.

Sorry guys but EA lied to you. I already wrote to Insomniac who they told me that the servers are 100% responsable of EA (and makes sense. When you try to connect it says "Ea origins, not Insomniac server):

Insomniac Games (Insomniac Games Support)

Jun 12, 2021, 2:12 PM PDT

Hi, unfortunately you have been given incorrect information we do not host the servers and never have, EA does. We are trying to follow up on our end with our contacts at EA but due to the age of the game that is difficult. We would suggest contacting EA support again and asking to speak to someone more knowledgeable. 
Insomniac Games

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, akdkiller said:

Sorry guys but EA lied to you. I already wrote to Insomniac who they told me that the servers are 100% responsable of EA (and makes sense. When you try to connect it says "Ea origins, not Insomniac server):

Hi, unfortunately you have been given incorrect information we do not host the servers and never have, EA does. We are trying to follow up on our end with our contacts at EA but due to the age of the game that is difficult. We would suggest contacting EA support again and asking to speak to someone more knowledgeable. 
Insomniac Games

ae696b2a5cdfaef7cca93b38def7cb65.jpg

Also seems like both companies doesn't give a shit with that response. 

2 hours ago, Kal2210 said:

As an update, this is the response I received re: BBB complaint about the Fuse servers going down without notice.

“Hello,

In this case the responsibility lies with Insomniac, as they retained ownership of the maintenance of online servers. EA was only the publisher.

Any sunset messaging would come from Insomniac rather than EA. 

Kind Regards,

Electronic Arts
EA Help”

I guess I’ll also submit one for insomniac with this pasted in the complaint.

Yeah make a BBB to imsoniac, maybe you will get a different response from them since it goes through potentially a different department.

Also, not sure if the BBB takes direct replies, but if so then you can also say that imsoniac is saying the same thing about EA (better with BBB evidence). 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, akdkiller said:

Insomniac Games

Yeah this is very strange.  

3 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

ae696b2a5cdfaef7cca93b38def7cb65.jpg

Also seems like both companies doesn't give a shit with that response. 

Yeah make a BBB to imsoniac, maybe you will get a different response from them since it goes through potentially a different department.

Also, not sure if the BBB takes direct replies, but if so then you can also say that imsoniac is saying the same thing about EA (better with BBB evidence). 

BBB does take replies. You can “reject” the response and provide the reason why you are rejecting it, which I did. I copied the response that insomniac provided to @akdkiller in my response.

• Like 4