EA Origins not working

akdkiller

4 hours ago, akdkiller said:

Update: from https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Games/FUSE-ERROR-EA-ORGINS-SERVERS/td-p/10405827/page/10

BlackjackWidow Hi all - I just wanted to let you all know, I did double-check and this issue was escalated. I don't know much, other than the issue is being evaluated and the team is aware of this thread. 

Excellent.  So glad to hear.  Thank you everyone for throwing in some comments in there every once in a while.

Don't get me wrong, i would very much like it if the servers come back online but i don't want to get my hopes up and i keep my expectations low.

I thought an EA community manager said the servers where shutdown intentionally (not permanently?) on the 1st of June, right? Then is there any hope of the servers coming back up? Because in that thread on EA forum it seems like some people hope that the servers eventually will return. Or are we all just waiting for the (probably disappointing) reply why it wasn't added to the sunset page?

No mention on sunset page, someone saying EA is working on a fix... so you're saying there is a chance? ?

I had huge problems progressing with my complaint because of EA remaining completely silent to my contact. Thankfully I have discoved today that my account on answers was banned for making legal threats, (how that is a thing is beyond me). That does however allow me to prove that my request was viewed by EA staff so I can finally move on to the next stage.

7 hours ago, jpwbjpwb said:

I had huge problems progressing with my complaint because of EA remaining completely silent to my contact. Thankfully I have discoved today that my account on answers was banned for making legal threats, (how that is a thing is beyond me). That does however allow me to prove that my request was viewed by EA staff so I can finally move on to the next stage.

Man...don't fuckin make legal threats on a support forum.  That does not help the company fix the issue.  If anything it slows them down, because often with legal situations a situation may be forced to freeze.  And any CM will be instructed to stop talking to you by the company's lawyers.  Hence banning.  I don't know why you would do that.  And I don't know why you need that proof they viewed your request since they literally responded to the thread saying that the issue was escalated and they are aware of the thread.

I don't think this is even a legal battle you can win, since the 30 day thing isn't binding given they have a disclaimer, can't remember where, that they can change it.  

They should be held to it, and it's a bad idea for them not to make good on it, but I'm not sure what your plan is here.

What are you going to do if it turns out it really is Insomniac who is responsible?

Edited by Chettlar
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Chettlar said:

Man...don't fuckin make legal threats on a support forum.  That does not help the company fix the issue.  If anything it slows them down, because often with legal situations a situation may be forced to freeze.  And any CM will be instructed to stop talking to you by the company's lawyers.  Hence banning.  I don't know why you would do that.  And I don't know why you need that proof they viewed your request since they literally responded to the thread saying that the issue was escalated and they are aware of the thread.

I don't think this is even a legal battle you can win, since the 30 day thing isn't binding given they have a disclaimer, can't remember where, that they can change it.  

They should be held to it, and it's a bad idea for them not to make good on it, but I'm not sure what your plan is here.

What are you going to do if it turns out it really is Insomniac who is responsible?

The post in question was from before they responded saying that and did not actually make any strong threat, just asked them to reach out and resolve the issue incase things became more serious. I resorted to using the forum after trying all other forms of communication I could and getting no reply. I needed the proof because legally you have to demonstrate that you have made all attempts possible to resolve the complaint before you can escalate it. The matter of if the ToS is enforcable is of course a tricky one, but not one that will be resdoved by us. Of course both insomniac and EA hold responsibilty here to some extent, so if it ever did get to that point they would both be named parties in a legal complaint.

11 hours ago, pavelbagirov said:

Ask EA also for FIFA 15/16/17 for fut return. Return of Burnout Crash servers(was closed way before shutdown date) and plants vs zombies 2 dlc events make available 

If only they brought those PvZ 2 modes back…

On 8/19/2021 at 3:06 PM, jpwbjpwb said:

The post in question was from before they responded saying that and did not actually make any strong threat,

You're not understanding.  I'm saying that is what they are always going to be instructed to do.  They should not need to tell you that.  If you knew what making a legal threat entailed, you would know that.

I needed the proof because legally you have to demonstrate that you have made all attempts possible to resolve the complaint before you can escalate it. The matter of if the ToS is enforcable is of course a tricky one, but not one that will be resdoved by us. Of course both insomniac and EA hold responsibilty here to some extent, so if it ever did get to that point they would both be named parties in a legal complaint.

None of this requires making a legal threat, regardless of how "strong" you think it is.  You can simply show that a thread exists and that you commented on it asking for a resolution.  That would be sufficient for your requirement.  Mentioning legal action is not useful here.  If you want to threaten legal action, do it in an email.  An email to an official email address is sufficient to express that you have made a good faith contact with the company.

Do not make legal threats on public forums. Period.

The matter of if the ToS is enforcable is of course a tricky one, but not one that will be resdoved by us. 

That does not make sense, man.

Their lawyers are a lot smarter than you, and have specifically crafted their ToS in such a way as to make this really impossible for you.

You should consult a lawyer before ever considering legal action.  Period.  If you don't have an easy way of doing that, then you REALLY should not be engaging in this kind of thing.

Edited by Chettlar

2 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Potentially taking legal action against EA over a digital image is definitely something. 

I mean if you pay for a product, you should expect that product to work as long as it says on the tin.  Some people don't just want the trophies.  I for one was really planning on playing through the game with some friends as I find it really fun.  Our plans in April unfortunately fell through, so we were going to try again in a couple months after that.  Turns out the servers were down.  This is pretty unfortunate given one of my friends only has a PS3 to really play games on and not all that much free time.  

Maybe a bit extreme, but there is something to be said for the principle of a company fulfilling its policies.  That's important to watch for and keep them accountable for.

That said, there are more and less wise ways of approaching it.

5 minutes ago, Chettlar said:

I mean if you pay for a product, you should expect that product to work as long as it says on the tin.  Some people don't just want the trophies.  I for one was really planning on playing through the game with some friends as I find it really fun.  Our plans in April unfortunately fell through, so we were going to try again in a couple months after that.  Turns out the servers were down.  This is pretty unfortunate given one of my friends only has a PS3 to really play games on and not all that much free time.  

Maybe a bit extreme, but there is something to be said for the principle of a company fulfilling its policies.  That's important to watch for and keep them accountable for.

That said, there are more and less wise ways of approaching it.

Hey, I agree with you, but at the end of the day one must be realistic when it comes to situations like this. There’s no way something like this can be reversed or even cared for after they shut down the server as the typical gamer has no say so in any of it nor poses any kind of legal threat to them. Imagine the time and money that’d be wasted to win a case like this just to be able to earn an online trophy. It’s quite silly. 

As far as the online functionality being shut down early without any warning, that’s bs, but this is EA we're talking about. This kind of thing should be expected from them tbh. As sad as it is, I don’t see the decision being reversed in any way, they don’t care enough about gamers, only money and convenience. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Chettlar said:

You're not understanding.  I'm saying that is what they are always going to be instructed to do.  They should not need to tell you that.  If you knew what making a legal threat entailed, you would know that.

None of this requires making a legal threat, regardless of how "strong" you think it is.  You can simply show that a thread exists and that you commented on it asking for a resolution.  That would be sufficient for your requirement.  Mentioning legal action is not useful here.  If you want to threaten legal action, do it in an email.  An email to an official email address is sufficient to express that you have made a good faith contact with the company.

Do not make legal threats on public forums. Period.

That does not make sense, man.

Their lawyers are a lot smarter than you, and have specifically crafted their ToS in such a way as to make this really impossible for you.

You should consult a lawyer before ever considering legal action.  Period.  If you don't have an easy way of doing that, then you REALLY should not be engaging in this kind of thing.

Agreed. I don’t think that’s productive. That’s why I’m always a fan of the BBB for policy issues even though so many complain that they have no power. I don’t want to be threatening to the company. I just want to have a rational conversation where my complaint is viewed, escalated appropriately and actually responded to.

• Like 2

On 8/20/2021 at 10:20 PM, HoorayForTyler said:

Hey, I agree with you, but at the end of the day one must be realistic when it comes to situations like this. There’s no way something like this can be reversed or even cared for after they shut down the server as the typical gamer has no say so in any of it nor poses any kind of legal threat to them. Imagine the time and money that’d be wasted to win a case like this just to be able to earn an online trophy. It’s quite silly. 

As far as the online functionality being shut down early without any warning, that’s bs, but this is EA we're talking about. This kind of thing should be expected from them tbh. As sad as it is, I don’t see the decision being reversed in any way, they don’t care enough about gamers, only money and convenience. 

I mean this isn't even always true.  Dante's Inferno has been fixed twice due to player feedback, and that's an EA game.  Shadow of Mordor literally even got a patch to remove the requirement for always online.  Splinter Cell Blacklist has been taken down and fixed more than once.  I helped get Forza Horizon 2 on 360 fixed.  A number of games have gotten fixed due to play feedback, including through BBB complaints too.  It's worth trying to do something.  

Also, it's worth raising awareness for trying to fix this game anyway because I genuinely think it's underrated and I'd like more people to get to play it together.  It's just it's built to be a co-op game first, so it really would be great if that could be fixed for that too.

Edited by Chettlar
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Kal2210 said:

Agreed. I don’t think that’s productive. That’s why I’m always a fan of the BBB for policy issues even though so many complain that they have no power. I don’t want to be threatening to the company. I just want to have a rational conversation where my complaint is viewed, escalated appropriately and actually responded to.

I would have loved to complain through BBB, but as I found already I was unable to do so. I also believe that once EA has decided something, which in this case they likely have, then we won't be able to change that. 

The current situation with this game is that both companies involved are ping ponging blame. Meanwhile  nobody is actually working on the issue, although they will publicly claim to be doing so. There is practically no chance of servers returning.

I want to be clear that I don't have any high hope that even in a world where there was a succesful legal action, that it would result in the game returning. It would in all likelyhood result in just some small compensation for the people involved.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jpwbjpwb said:

I would have loved to complain through BBB, but as I found already I was unable to do so. I also believe that once EA has decided something, which in this case they likely have, then we won't be able to change that. 

The current situation with this game is that both companies involved are ping ponging blame. Meanwhile  nobody is actually working on the issue, although they will publicly claim to be doing so. There is practically no chance of servers returning.

I want to be clear that I don't have any high hope that even in a world where there was a succesful legal action, that it would result in the game returning. It would in all likelyhood result in just some small compensation for the people involved.

At best you are going to slow it down by introducing that concept, and the compensation would be pennies.  It isn't worth it.  Just don't get involved at that point.

And again, this just is not true.  Not only does this kind of decision get changed, even for older games, it has also been changed by EA.  I've already given examples.

21 hours ago, Chettlar said:

At best you are going to slow it down by introducing that concept, and the compensation would be pennies.  It isn't worth it.  Just don't get involved at that point.

And again, this just is not true.  Not only does this kind of decision get changed, even for older games, it has also been changed by EA.  I've already given examples.

Yeah, if only Activision would respond to “Big Leagues” issues. But I agree, there is precedent for this with other petitions having succeeded. When people are over the top rude or become threatening, it obviously hurts the cause. Respectful, but firm and well-reasoned is the way to go IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2021 at 7:13 PM, Kal2210 said:

Yeah, if only Activision would respond to “Big Leagues” issues. But I agree, there is precedent for this with other petitions having succeeded. When people are over the top rude or become threatening, it obviously hurts the cause. Respectful, but firm and well-reasoned is the way to go IMHO.

Hey did you ever get an update on the BBB complaint for insomniac?

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 7:27 AM, jpwbjpwb said:

Definitely should not make any kind of "threats", comments about moderation, or even memes/jokes that sneakily offending EA because whether they deserve them or not, they have the hammer and we definitely should not mess with them online. I learned it the super hard way (especially today I got banned the 2nd time - this time is 3 days -  just because the first sentence of my comment kinda reminded the community manager like "Hey remember me? I still hate you for banning me 24 hrs" even though after the first ban I sent that manager guy a message regarding my terrible support experience and he was like: Yeah sure I'll address it, but yeah we already are on a lot of stress; we could make mistake and you should talk to me or other staff instead of mentioning that experience to everybody else). Oh well, I guess this time I offended him by reminding the shitty decision he made.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 6:56 AM, Samurai_SNAAAKE said:

While there are no news, @BlackjackWidow keeps making inquiries about the game, which is at least inspiring.

Yup.

Talked with Vudix a month ago before he left to help do some military training and he said that he was able to ask someone at Insomniac before he left and they were totally clueless that Fuse had even been taken down at all.  He's got a zillion games he's trying to follow up on so I'm trying not to be obnoxious about this, but it is something that he's interested in trying to communicate with people at EA and Insomniac about.

This is just going to be slow.  But hey, Dante's Inferno was really really slow too, and Visceral doesn't even exist any more.  This is just going to be a long war of attrition until someone sensible at EA sees us asking for several months and decides to help.

• Like 4