EA Origins not working

akdkiller

26 minutes ago, Chettlar said:

Vudix was away at some military thing for over a month.  I asked him when he got back.  He said he'd asked several people to look into it.

"The definitive answer was that EA has positive control of the server status and ports. Insomniac can’t do anything at all."

Given we've heard from both Insomniac customer support and someone who has contacts in the industry that not only do Insomniac not control the servers, but straight up had no idea about this happening, this seems to rest fully with EA.

I don't know where you might be able to take this with BBB then.  But I'd tell the BBB that we'd reached out, as someone I think mentioned in this thread(?), and Insomniac said they absolutely have no control over this.

Which makes sense.  Typically publishers, especially a company like EA, have control over servers.  It would be pretty unusual as I understand it for the developer to hold the servers in a case like this.  

While you're on that I'll keep trying to plug away and see if I can find a way to ask him to ask his Insomniac contacts to talk to EA themselves and ask about a fix.  That, and keep recruiting people to post on the forum asking for a fix.

Agree with you. We must mention EA to fix it.

Edited by Tiricy

So.  I've made a small, but interesting discovery about how the two assassination trophies work.

I did a local offline game, with my alt account as the player 1, and my main account as player 2 via split-screen.

I got up to a section where there were two guys shortly before the intended spot where there are 4 guys ready to be assassinated.  Well in this two guys section I decided to try something.  I lined up a random AI controlled character (Izzy) against a wall (well, not exactly, but when I got in her spot she moved to right behind the guy), I then used Dalton with my main account (second player via splitscreen) to get an assassination.  While I was doing so, Izzy got the assassination too.  Now, you cannot warp to a buddy while they are doing some sort of complex animation, like ladders, hanging, or doing assassinations.  But regardless I spammed the button to warp to her and it let me as soon as she finished.  The trophy for getting two at once in a co-op game popped!!  Even though my alt account, as player one, did nothing and just stood back.  But here's what's weirder, it popped for the alt account, I'm assuming because my alt was player one.  It did not give me the trophy.  Presumably I'll need to do it again with my main as player 1.

So, encouraged, I decided to try it out the 4-player trophy.  But I did notice that the wording on the achievement does say in a 4-player game.  And sure enough, I got the timing as tight as I could.  I had two up top as my mains, because the AI would not stay put unless they were the two down below.  I had both controllers get an assassination, and then spammed the warp to the two in the middle.  I never got it perfect, but I got it as close as I can just me by myself trying to use two controllers and hold Select + Face Button lol.  Did not pop.

So, sort of disappointing, but enlightening.  You can use warp, and if they hadn't programmed it to look for four players, it actually would literally have worked.  So the next roadblock would be somehow, someway, convincing the game four people are connected.  Unfortunately I don't know a way of doing that.

Edited by Chettlar
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

well the last reply here is 2 weeks old. and from the the official ea thread it's getting to the 2 weeks as well. 8 will reply to it this evening to keep it alive I guess. They also just announced skate 2 servers shutting down, but still nothing on fuse. 

@Chettlar any news from valter (I thought that was his name)? 

@Tiricy since you have the extraordinary skills to find devs and message them to look into it (like what you did in hardware rivals and that one is fixed now). any chance you could do the same for fuse? :)

• Like 2

Guys dont contact Insomniac, because full power over Fuse have EA. Insomniac allready respond that they cant do anything. Servers are not broken so no one gonna fix them, theyre shutdown. They (EA) forgot to announce it, but they close it.

Edited by Beliar4
  • Like 2

On 11/16/2021 at 8:52 AM, Bumperklever said:

well the last reply here is 2 weeks old. and from the the official ea thread it's getting to the 2 weeks as well. 8 will reply to it this evening to keep it alive I guess. They also just announced skate 2 servers shutting down, but still nothing on fuse. 

@Chettlar any news from valter (I thought that was his name)? 

@Tiricy since you have the extraordinary skills to find devs and message them to look into it (like what you did in hardware rivals and that one is fixed now). any chance you could do the same for fuse? :)

Vudix, and no, unfortunately he's got a lot of projects right now.  Newer games that have never been completable are a bit more of a high priority than discontinued.  I get it but it sucks.  Doesn't mean he won't ping things but my pinging him isn't something I can just do constantly.

I'm going to keep plugging away cuz man I really wanted to play this with my friends.  I've only got one MAYBE that I could play with in person.  And that's a huge logistical maybe.  This sucks.

I'm also getting spammed with people either on PSN and discord and even had someone on twitter, I guess because of my activity here, asking me about Fuse and I don't know why.  I'm vocal about this but I'm just some guy.  Obviously you guys asking here like the question above is fine but I've had like a bunch of randos asking me.  Should probably private my stuff for a while because this is obnoxious, sorry.  Also unrelated had a rando on PSN ask me if I wanted to play a...singleplayer game... using my real name...which is creepo.  So.  Yeah.  No idea what's going on there.  Also dealing with some family shit that's being aggravated by Thanksgiving so I'm kinda stressed out right now.  Sucks.  Mean time I'll keep asking Vudix and try asking him if there's something I can do.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

With the updated list on their page and months of silence. I think nothing can be done now. I'm surprised that with the mistake they made they didn't want to fix it.
For those who already have the 4 person trophy, I suggest you invite a friend to your house to make the trophies in echelon mode. I could pass 2 levels in that way.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Games/FUSE-ERROR-EA-ORGINS-SERVERS/td-p/10405827/page/16

Hey all,

As I said back in June, this server delist was intentional and the game has unfortunately been sunset. The only issue we were investigating (and that was communicated) was the lack of an intended update to the Service Updates page. As the page has now been updated accordingly and I've had to keep removing posts from this thread that were in violation of the EA Community Guidelines I'll be closing this thread down now.

Thanks. 

Alright, took them a whopping 6 months to investigate a web page.

Guess the only thing these "community managers" can manage is their own bank account. Jeez.

On the contrary though, I hoped that they learned there lesson and dont repeat the same shit in the future.