This game is not easy

MANU1950

I look in all site thath game is easy but I don't understand.

DO 75% of perfects  in a song is terrible.

And do 15 perfects continues is other trophy thath I don't understad why the people say that's playtinum Is easy.

I know the glich but i have digital edition, I must be buy the phisical but the perfect of the 15 and rank s+ in hard is not a safe...

• Like 1

15 perfects took me about half an hour, I just kept repeating the start of one of the first songs, it’s annoying but not too bad. Make sure to tweak the latency in the settings so the timing feels perfect, the game put mine at 130+ but I had to lower it to 28ish before the perfects started getting consistent.

I haven’t tried 75% perfects yet but I don’t think it would take too long if you just grind one of the easier first tracks, probably the only challenging trophy on the list.

Edited by Kcrack_Km

I don't usually play rythmic games but i was dj In my life and I know about ritms.

Someone explain to me about the latency. In the begin of the game I calibrate the latency. Is -7 I ,I am not convinced with the result.

Edited by MANU1950

3 minutes ago, Elegy said:

This game looks easier than it is on hard difficulty, to be honest.  The lane spinning mechanic is really annoying and eliminates a lot of the fun that this game would otherwise provide on hard difficulty.  The early songs on hard don't have a ton of this spinning mechanic, but eventually it just becomes too frustrating in later songs because the only reason you end up missing notes is not being able to sight read the charts effectively.

You're right I probably underrated the spinning mechanic. I glossed over it while watching the video I linked, but I can see that getting annoying real quick.

5 minutes ago, Elegy said:

The trophy is not as rare as it should be because of an exploit that was patched out that allowed people to get the trophy without doing the requirement.

Ah glitch abuse. Makes sense. I had a look over the trophy list before I had made my post and it looked pretty non-threatening, but then again sometimes things look easier than they actually are until you play them.

7 minutes ago, Elegy said:

As far as perfects go, its trickier than it looks.  The timing is actually pretty strict.. so strict that even tapping along with the beat won't really help you time your perfects consistently.  I had to memorize the exact point at which to hit the prompted button for each of the 3 different types of notes to effectively do it legit.  I'd say it took me about an hour of attempts on one of the easier songs to finally get 76% perfects.

I really get into accuracy when it comes to rhythm games so this is where I try to excel. It almost sounds like the game itself has some timing issues if tapping to the beat doesn't help. I wonder if hooking up a mechanical keyboard would make things easier, provided the game doesn't need the analog stick once you're in a level anyways. I'd also be curious to see what the timing window looks like for a perfect, but I wager that data is probably inaccessible without reading the game code.

Thanks for educating me though. I may check this game out someday just out of curiosity, but at least I will better know what I'm getting into when I get around to it.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

I really get into accuracy when it comes to rhythm games so this is where I try to excel. It almost sounds like the game itself has some timing issues if tapping to the beat doesn't help. I wonder if hooking up a mechanical keyboard would make things easier, provided the game doesn't need the analog stick once you're in a level anyways. I'd also be curious to see what the timing window looks like for a perfect, but I wager that data is probably inaccessible without reading the game code.

Thanks for educating me though. I may check this game out someday just out of curiosity, but at least I will better know what I'm getting into when I get around to it.

It's a fun enough game if you're looking for a rhythm game that doesn't take very long to complete.  I will still say that it is an easy platinum overall, but I don't want to mislead anyone and say there isn't any effort involved since the 75% perfects isn't a total freebie if you don't depatch for the exploit.  You don't have to spend much time on hard difficulty though like I mentioned to get the plat so the lane rotation mechanic isn't that big of a problem.  I didn't enjoy it at all when I tried to play through hard, but that's just me.

• Like 2

It's not 'easy', but comparative to other rhythm games, it's relatively manageable. Rhythm games are a specific, and fairly high-challenge genre generally (comparative to other genres, in a broad sense, that is.)

It's also significantly better that one might expect for what is essentially an advertising product based around a single artist.

It could probably have sold in roughly similar quantities to fans of the artist even if it was half as good, so I appreciate that enough care and attention was put in to make it a pretty serviceable game to boot.

To be honest, my biggest complaint with it is simply that - as a single artist product - it's potential for dlc is limited - I would have quite liked to see the same mechanics applied to a wider variety of music and styles.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

The Game is very funny, I am a great fan of Avicii.

In this moment Only  don't have the trophy of 75% perfects is very hard and the 15 perfects I can after of 2 hours.

This game Is not easy, only with the perfects trophys.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MANU1950 said:

The Game is very funny, I am a great fan of Avicii.

In this moment Only  don't have the trophy of 75% perfects is very hard and the 15 perfects I can after of 2 hours.

This game Is not easy, only with the perfects trophys.

Try it on “The Nights”. I found the timing on this track more consistent for some reason, got 75% exactly on my 3rd or 4th try.

• Like 2

I tried again last night, and failed. I fidgetted with the calibration, played with and without headphones, tried a few songs, but stay stuck at 70%ish. It's frustrating as it seems the delay is not the same on the L1 and X cues. Ah well. I'll be lucky at some point - at least the songs are quite good!

I just want you to know, it is possible to redownload the game without any patches installed. If you follow the method from this post, it is relatively easy and works like a charm! I used this for Surgeon Simulator for similar reasons. 

With that being said, I've never actually played this game but have played a few rhythm games in my day. I imagine the principals are similar in that things are always hardest at first. Practice makes perfect and after you've played the songs enough times, you will know what to expect ahead of time and can plan accordingly!! That and as everyone else suggested, try adjusting your latency settings. 

Otherwise, good luck to you and I hope you are able to make it through OP!

3 minutes ago, Flipendo52 said:

The reason why the platinum is not rare is because there was an exploit that made Rhythm Savant (the hardest trophy in the game) really easy, but if you have to do it legit it's very difficult

I've heard. There also seem to be reports from others of the timing being inconsistent or buggy. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Several months later I finally got a chance to play through AVICII Invector. As previous posters stated, the timing for Perfect notes is indeed pretty strict, more than I thought it was going to be. I still managed to get Rhythm Savant without exploits, though just barely. I'd still love to know how many milliseconds the window is for a Perfect note rating, but it doesn't matter now.

Most applicable advice was already discussed here for getting Rhythm Savant legitimately: Go wired, use headphones, and adjust your latency until you find something that fits. After having played the game, another tip I would add is to try tapping the notes "confidently" as if you're creating the beat of the song, rather than reacting to the beat. It makes a noticeable difference in timing.

Other than that, AVICII Invector was a nice game. Beautiful visuals and surprisingly good gameplay. Only knew a few of AVICII's songs before playing, but I found quite a few here during the experience that I really enjoyed. The biggest weaknesses are of course the short tracklist and lack of musical variety, but for a rhythm game limited to one artist there isn't too much that can be done about that.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just started this today via ps+. trophy list is fairly easy, I only need 3 trophies after just a few hours on it and one of those is just playing the game more. 

The game is far from easy on harder difficulties though. it's near impossible to play just off reactions on hard because of the ridiculous constant rotating. I'm also struggling to identify square from circle when looking ahead, very easy to get them two mixed up in the wrong lighting and for some reason there's songs where the notes merge into the background visuals, all that means you basically need to memorise the tracks at higher difficulties but it has little impact on the trophy list. 

What does have an impact though is the calibration, it's feels weird, the button prompt timing for the face buttons isn't the same as the L1 gold line timing and the right or left rotations are a different timing again. I'm sure I'll get used to it fairly quickly and do it with a bit of practice and playing around with the settings, I've been getting in the high 60% range already. 

On 6.6.2021 at 10:58 AM, MANU1950 said:

I look in all site thath game is easy but I don't understand.

DO 75% of perfects  in a song is terrible.

And do 15 perfects continues is other trophy thath I don't understad why the people say that's playtinum Is easy.

I know the glich but i have digital edition, I must be buy the phisical but the perfect of the 15 and rank s+ in hard is not a safe...

Don't let your head down, this game is of course not easy. They're just trolling you. They just all used the exploit back then, that's all. Have fun with this game.

56 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

Don't let your head down, this game is of course not easy. They're just trolling you. They just all used the exploit back then, that's all. Have fun with this game.

He already got it, this post is from 2021.

I think it's a gross generalisation to say everyone used an exploit on what is, as far as rhythm games go, on the easier side to get the platinum on. An exploit isn't needed if you have the timing down.

Even on that trophy, 75% perfects. Compare it to games like DjMax Respect or Superbeat Xonic, both of which have a trophy for a perfect play, 100% perfects. The trophy list is generous in not expecting perfection and complete mastery.

To anyone new wanting to play this, I can confirm that if you've never played rhythm games before you may struggle, and there's better rhythm games out there, but if you like the music it's an enjoyable game.

• Like 3

I usually enjoy rhythm games, but I find this rhythm game to be tough both visually and on the timing.

I'm super slow, and colorblind (tritanopia), so take this with a grain of salt, but my brain feels like mush on the harder levels, especially trying to decipher the L1 queues, they just blend right into the track for me and I almost always miss them because they're only like slightly thicker than the rest of the lines.

Random complaint: WHo the hell decided to add directional points to the regular X and Square queues, I mistake them for directional queues all the time.

I got rhythm savant after like a dozen or so tries while also constantly trying new latencies. The one that worked best for me was 10ms, but I didn't like the idea of having to fiddle a bunch with how the game interprets my inputs. You definitely cannot just tap to the beat, so also deciphering which notes to hit in a certain way kind of sucked, but is definitely a necessity.

Overall, IMO, fun rhythm game and nice tribute to AVICII, definitely not a walk in the park, but not soul crushingly difficult, I'd agree with the 5-6/10 for some of the trophy objectives.

Edited by Long-Ryde
random complaint
  • Like 2

On 1.7.2022 at 0:56 PM, Sikutai said:

I have the Platinum now and it's possible without an exploit. So what I said wasn't entirely true. But it was very hard for an old geezer like me. The game is not easy even for a young person, because there is not only easy and difficult. In between there are still many, many gradations, so that one should not generally describe games as easy that are of medium difficulty.

I didn't know about Avicii before as I only listen to the most popular artists of the moment like Michael Jackson and Madonna, but the good music definitely helped me collect trophies.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1