Length and Dificulty?

piggyoinkoink312

Time to platinum: 10-15 hours. 

Difficulty: Very subjective. I would rate it around a 6/10. Finding the quick strats for the bosses for yourself is probably the most challenging bit. Once you figure the bosses out, execution shouldn't be too much of an issue. 

• Like 3

On 06/06/2021 at 8:52 PM, Arcesius said:

Time to platinum: 10-15 hours. 

Difficulty: Very subjective. I would rate it around a 6/10. Finding the quick strats for the bosses for yourself is probably the most challenging bit. Once you figure the bosses out, execution shouldn't be too much of an issue. 

Thanks for the reply. With the rarity I thought it would be harder. I will definitely add this to my soulslike collection.

The game will take a lot of pratice, specially for the Iron Mode + Hard Mode run, I am in the middle of mine, and even though I praticed in normal, hard mode puts some change in the pattern of attacks that will throw you off.

With that said, perseverance is key, look up strategies for bosses that gives you trouble and you will be in the right way to go.

All in all it is a pretty fun game too, so you will not have a bad time while praticing!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A solid 9.

Look, it's a hard game. Yes, there are patterns you can learn for each boss, but you will die a lot. For me, lots of deaths = hard game. It's not different than a really tough FPS. It's also a bit like Sound Shapes, it will give the illusion of it not being that hard, but again, you die over and over again.

The GolSet boss on no roll mode will test your patience. Hardest part of the game by a long shot.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

like a 5 or 6, and 10-15 hours sounds about right for your first time.
doing it again now (almost 3 years later) and 10 boss specific trophies done in an hour since starting. (boss specific trophies is the longest run, just killing them is pretty quick and easy, you can kill all of them in like less than 10 seconds each if just going for the kill)

• 1 year later...

My advice would be, don't even start this game. By far the worst game I've ever played on Vita, frustrating from about 2 minutes in and now my game just crashed and save file is corrupt and I have to start all over again. Avoid at all costs, you're better off spending your time going for Super Meat Boy.

On 7/27/2023 at 8:27 AM, mgmckenny said:

My advice would be, don't even start this game. By far the worst game I've ever played on Vita, frustrating from about 2 minutes in and now my game just crashed and save file is corrupt and I have to start all over again. Avoid at all costs, you're better off spending your time going for Super Meat Boy.

Ended up getting the platinum, once I switched to PS5 things got easier. It's still a frustrating game though, no actual sense or storyline to it, you're just thrown into this land and it's boss after boss with no explanation. There's a truth ending which ends up translating all the text but honestly by that point you're just done with the game.

Overall difficulty for plat I'd say 6 or 7/10 based just on the early frustration alone. Would be 9 or 10/10 without cloud saving, which helps a lot when going for iron mode playthroughs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mgmckenny said:

Ended up getting the platinum, once I switched to PS5 things got easier. It's still a frustrating game though, no actual sense or storyline to it, you're just thrown into this land and it's boss after boss with no explanation. There's a truth ending which ends up translating all the text but honestly by that point you're just done with the game.

Overall difficulty for plat I'd say 6 or 7/10 based just on the early frustration alone. Would be 9 or 10/10 without cloud saving, which helps a lot when going for iron mode playthroughs.

I started this game on Vita years ago cause I liked the look of it and fancied something to play on the go and you're 100% right. I rage quitted it 1 hour in and deleted it. The game is fine but the loading times are atrocious and the fact you die in one hit and then respawn out in the world not right before the boss is sooooo frustrating, especially with the awful loading times.

I will play this game but I intend to do it on PS5 cause like you said, the frustration of it on Vita is just not worth it.

• Like 1