Take it to the Max trophy popped too early

Conor

Having completed Chapter 3-1 and acquiring the S&W M29 just before finishing I decided to give it an upgrade as I had the cash to spare. Weirdly, the trophy 'Take it to the Max' popped even though I don't have every weapon and certainly do not have them all upgraded. I've never played online with anyone on this version and although it is possible to upgrade all upgradable weapons before getting the 'Stockpile' trophy, it couldn't possibly happen this early on. I alas do not have a screenshot to illustrate this as I disabled them. This did not happen to me on PS3 as I remember having every single weapon unlocked before upgrading all of them. I looked around the internet to see if this had ever happened but I found nothing to support the possibility of a known trophy glitch barring this one trophy walkthrough on TrueTrophies where the author mentions popping the trophy despite having 6 more weapons to fully upgrade (under Bonus Step if I'm reading it right, probably not). 

https://www.(URL not allowed)/t12755/take-it-to-the-max-trophy  never mind I read that wrong so no, no hope to be found

I have hidden the game as I don't want a flag on my profile but it sucks to have to hide things. The mods can give this a look but if this looks too dubious and unprovable then I'm happy to keep it hidden and move on with my life with as clean a profile as possible. Thanks.

Edited by Stan Lee

43 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Having completed Chapter 3-1 and acquiring the S&W M29 just before finishing I decided to give it an upgrade as I had the cash to spare. Weirdly, the trophy 'Take it to the Max' popped even though I don't have every weapon and certainly do not have them all upgraded. I've never played online with anyone on this version and although it is possible to upgrade all upgradable weapons before getting the 'Stockpile' trophy, it couldn't possibly happen this early on. I alas do not have a screenshot to illustrate this as I disabled them. This did not happen to me on PS3 as I remember having every single weapon unlocked before upgrading all of them. I looked around the internet to see if this had ever happened but I found nothing to support the possibility of a known trophy glitch barring this one trophy walkthrough on TrueTrophies where the author mentions popping the trophy despite having 6 more weapons to fully upgrade (under Bonus Step if I'm reading it right, probably not). 

https://www.(URL not allowed)/t12755/take-it-to-the-max-trophy  never mind I read that wrong so no, no hope to be found

I have hidden the game as I don't want a flag on my profile but it sucks to have to hide things. The mods can give this a look but if this looks too dubious and unprovable then I'm happy to keep it hidden and move on with my life with as clean a profile as possible. Thanks.

Well if I am going to point out that the ps4 one of the game is abit glitcher then the ps3 one due to the fact a lot of bugs are from ps3 are still there and some new ones too. I mean I had gotten the old glitch to get weapons from another player to mine and so on to work and the unlimited golden egg one too. it is crazy but yeah, plus when I got all the ps4 trophies my one popped without me needing to buy the 3 barrelled shotgun or the handcannon

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lonemankane said:

Well if I am going to point out that the ps4 one of the game is abit glitcher then the ps3 one due to the fact a lot of bugs are from ps3 are still there and some new ones too. I mean I had gotten the old glitch to get weapons from another player to mine and so on to work and the unlimited golden egg one too. it is crazy but yeah, plus when I got all the ps4 trophies my one popped without me needing to buy the 3 barrelled shotgun or the handcannon

This is interesting to know and gives me some hope, though you must have been way further along than I was since I'm only at Chapter 3-1. I don't recall the PS3 being glitchy but then again it's been almost three years since I played it. Hopefully some more evidence comes to light before I either unhide this or give up.

5 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

This is interesting to know and gives me some hope, though you must have been way further along than I was since I'm only at Chapter 3-1. I don't recall the PS3 being glitchy but then again it's been almost three years since I played it. Hopefully some more evidence comes to light before I either unhide this or give up.

Well I beaten the game as far as I remember last time I played the ps4 one and I was either done with the pro mode or about to do it along with start the dlc and I just didn't own all the weapons yet just had about 2 weapons off as far as I remember. but I know for sure my fully upgrade trophy came when I did the weapons trade with a co op partner glitch as I remember it was the sniper rifle I needed along with the last handgun I needed and I be asked to farm money so I just did that glitch with a friend and got his fully upgraded ones of them guns and the trophy popped, it could be seen as cheating but I felt it fine due to the fact I did this years ago normally on ps3 and I thought using some glitches could be fun as I wanted to have unlimited rotten eggs and do the whole game with them alone

Edited by Lonemankane

Ah, right, well I never traded weapons with anyone so I guess it wasn't the cause of my woe. I'm not anticipating this to be resolved in my favour really so I've nuked the game from my console, though I may pick it up and start over again if I'm given the OK

21 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Ah, right, well I never traded weapons with anyone so I guess it wasn't the cause of my woe. I'm not anticipating this to be resolved in my favour really so I've nuked the game from my console, though I may pick it up and start over again if I'm given the OK

no problem mate and if you need help on the game I am willing to do the glitch with ya on it to trade weapons if you need some of course

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lonemankane said:

no problem mate and if you need help on the game I am willing to do the glitch with ya on it to trade weapons if you need some of course

Thanks man, but I think I'm just gonna abandon the game entirely since the trophy synced with the server so no way I can take it back, and my research suggests that I won't be able to explain this away due to lack of evidence that I glitched this legitimately (I probably could have gotten away with it if I hadn't made this thread, but hey, I like to be honest) so I'll just have to have some hidden trophies on my profile.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stan Lee said:

Thanks man, but I think I'm just gonna abandon the game entirely since the trophy synced with the server so no way I can take it back, and my research suggests that I won't be able to explain this away due to lack of evidence that I glitched this legitimately (I probably could have gotten away with it if I hadn't made this thread, but hey, I like to be honest) so I'll just have to have some hidden trophies on my profile.

alright, I can understand and yeah I hope if you do find out what made it happen you can try and unhide it so you can earn the rest of it for that plat.

I’m confused, why hide the game when you can still provide some evidence that the trophy at least popped for you when it did (screenshot/trophy video clip from PS5)? Just open a chat with someone from CRT and show/explain what happened.

I don’t see why CRT wouldn’t hear you out. Like someone else stated above, the PS4 version of RE 5 is quite buggy, and I’ve personally seen instances with some of my friends completing requirements for something and no trophy was given. Your case is the opposite, but still applies. 

I can also understand being worrisome over being flagged though bc I had something similar happen to me in Mad Max where I did not get the trophy for performing a wasteland jump on my first ramp, but got the trophy almost 5 jumps later, and not a single other person online reported this trophy glitch happening to them. Might not be the same exact scenario, but what I’m trying to say is sometimes games do not input what you’re performing properly in relation to the trophies, and sometimes you just might be the one and only person a freak glitch like this occurs to. I think you’ll be fine. 

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Hey guys!! 
I just want to report that the same situation happened to me! I got the trophy mentioned at almost the end of chapter 3 after doing some shotgun upgrade! 
In my case, I played coop with friends that have already plat the game and were using inf ammo! 
Still don’t know exactly why but when searching for info I got right here the same report!! 

Thx for the attention