First Gen PS4

the_benne666

Hi,

I'm not an expert, but I don't think that the game runs great on the PS4 just yet. 
The game is still not available on the PS store. 

Myself, I play on a PS5.

You might want to wait a little longer if you play on a base PS4. 

Cheers

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I played it fully and finished it on a base PS4 early this year, and I can only agree with everyone else: play on a PS5 if you can, play on a PS4 only if you must. I have a PS5 too in the meantime, but I won't be doing it over again until the PS5 upgrade is out later.

Story's amazing and gameplay's really fun, but you can tell the base PS4 struggles to keep up with it all. Which is why certain elements definitely were downgraded. But most of it is to blame on the unfinished product. This could definitely run properly on a PS4 if they didn't rush it out the door.

My guess is that they'll write off last year's launch as a false start and rebrand the current-gen launch later this year (if they're still on track?) as the real one.

• Like 1

I got the platinum on base ps4 and all I can say is that if you really don't mind the bugs, glitches and crashing screens then go ahead. The story is good, it's a fun game and you'll not get bored (at least until you hit 100 hours of gameplay or complete all the things to do in night city), If you manage to get a ps5 or something else you will have a better experience. It's up to you.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, insaneeeRob said:

I got the platinum on base ps4 and all I can say is that if you really don't mind the bugs, glitches and crashing screens then go ahead. The story is good, it's a fun game and you'll not get bored (at least until you hit 100 hours of gameplay or complete all the things to do in night city), If you manage to get a ps5 or something else you will have a better experience. It's up to you.

Are the missable trophies easy to manage or are they a pain in the ass. The amount of missables are putting me off a bit

• Like 1

On 01-07-2021 at 5:16 PM, dannyswfc9 said:

Are the missable trophies easy to manage or are they a pain in the ass. The amount of missables are putting me off a bit

Yes! The missable trophies are easy to manage, nothing too complicated. You can follow guides if you need help but almost every trophy is easy just a bit time consuming. You can always save your game before doing something that's missable.

Edited by insaneeeRob
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

Well, we’re in September, and I’m playing on 1st gen PS4. My issues so far:

• load times are pretty severe, though not game-breaking.
  • I’ve had one soft lock during a fast travel load.
  • It’s hard to answer the phone in a vehicle. You can answer, but it’s about 15-30 seconds after a call.
  • One mission has glitched completely. It’s not trophy-related, but it’s annoying. Other missions often fail to unlock reasonably, but I think that has to do with strange game design, and not any glitch.

All in all, I think the game is in playable state now. It feels no worse than playing The Witcher 3 in regards to load times, and better than playing Skyrim in regards to small glitches, if that gives you a baseline.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2