Final Conflict Time Trial - Adrenaline Dodge is not working

Not sure what to do anymore. I normally have no issues initiating Adrenaline Dodge move anywhere in the game, and I had no problems on my initial playthrough. But now I am trying to fight the final boss during a time trial and I cannot for the life of me trigger the Adrenaline Dodge. Without the move working properly the boss cannot be beat. I tried restarting the trial, tried letting the boss kill me and then respawn, but nothing fixes the issue. The move is just not engaging. I jump over the boss and dodge the attack, but the time doesn't slow and the dual reticles don't appear. It worked once, but when the red reticle appeared and I pressed R1 to fire, it did not register the shot. After that it didn't work at all. I'm at my  breaking point. I saw someone else having the same issue, but so far I haven't found a solution. This game seems so broken compared to Legend.

16 minutes ago, papert0wng1rl said:

Managed to make it work. The only way the Adrenaline Dodge initiated for me during this fight was to jump backwards, not forward as I did previously or the way the guide instructs. Not sure why this is happening. At least it's done. 

I ran into the same issue myself, I thought it was really werid just for last  boss only, backward dodges activated the Adrenaline dodge no other directions

• Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 7:08 PM, ZachBoardyHD said:

I ran into the same issue myself, I thought it was really werid just for last  boss only, backward dodges activated the Adrenaline dodge no other directions

Good to know! I thought I was going crazy or my game glitched. It's strange that other directions worked on my first playthrough on hard, but not during the time trial.

• 2 years later...

The game wants you to jump over her and hit her from behind but I only managed to do it twice that way. Your input timing has to be absolutely perfect for that way to work which is twice as hard when the framerate dips to single digits at times during this fight. If you jump to either side, you get hit and if you jump backwards, sometimes it works and stuns her, sometimes it doesn't. So my method was to just continually jump backwards and hope for the best. Luckily the time trial gives you more than enough time to kill her so it's not that stressful even if you fail a few times. 

The adrenaline dodge in this game is hot garbage, so is the parkour at times to be honest. It's just way too finnicky. The clunky, dated controls just completely ruin any enjoyment this game might have in my opinion. It's extremely frustrating at times especially in the time trials and you're up against clock and the games controls insist on screwing you over. It's an old game but that still doesn't change the fact it sucks to play now.  

• Like 1