moment's notice trophy, how ?

wintersun89

I don't have that Soul Calibur, but in Soul Calibur V trophies are only achievable in single player modes, that way they avoid people boosting every technical trophy (like that one)....you'll have to play single player modes until the CPU uses a guard break attack and you GI it successfully. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but as far as I remember, there was a trophy in SCV in which I had to make 100 GI's and I tried 2 player VS and the GI counter didn't go up, so maybe it's the same in this Soul Calibur......I hope I helped, best of luck! :)

You can play 1v1 (normal or extra, it doesn't matter) it even works on online mode (I helped a friend doing it 2 hrs ago)

I main Nightmare, his 4 B is a good GB move and pretty easy to mind.

Choose any other opponent and try to input 4 G or 6 G when Nightmare's attack connects.

I manages do get this trophy alone with 2 controllers, shouldn't be hard if you play versus a friend :P

You can play 1v1 (normal or extra, it doesn't matter) it even works on online mode (I helped a friend doing it 2 hrs ago)

I main Nightmare, his 4 B is a good GB move and pretty easy to mind.

Choose any other opponent and try to input 4 G or 6 G when Nightmare's attack connects.

I manages do get this trophy alone with 2 controllers, shouldn't be hard if you play versus a friend :P

Wow, then it's good news for Wintersun89! That's gonna make that last trophy a whole lot easier, good luck with it, and thanks Dr_Rwede for pointing that out, I though it was like SCV, glad to know it's not :)

hey Dr_Rwede

thats what i was doing a few hours ago ! i was playing with 2 controllers at the same time, 2x nightmare, on 1 gamepad i was doing the 4B guardbreaker, on the otherone 3A guardimpact.... a few times both collided the same time but nothing happened, none got dmg, most of the othertimes it wasnt timed well... 

am i doing it wrong or is this the way it has to be done with better timing ? 

edit:

omg i got it !!! :D nightmares guard impact is very unsafe, short timewindow i think! 

what worked for me:

2 controllers:

player 1: guard break with nightmares 4b

player 2: guard impact with raphaels 214b (has a very nice window, it took me 3 attempts) 

Edited by wintersun89

I played alone with my fighting stick :P Took me 10 good minutes to nail it. (Yeah, I have feet instead of hands)

Anyway, happy -and glad- to see you finally achieved it, congrats ! Only a few trophies away from Plat, I hope ;)

EDIT : Night (and Sieg) are not the most unsafe characters, but still, they truly lack speed... Don't even try the UB [ 236 B ] for it does medium damage and takes around 2 seconds to hit (SC V Siegfried's UB is 130 frames before hit... And a second is 60 frames, I'll let you do the math.) Plus, you have recovery frames AFTER the hit, which are around 30, meaning : DON'T EVER USE THAT MOVE. EVER.

Sorry for the answer delay, I have lag :P

Edited by Dr_Rwede
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...