Tool breaking question

Taliesin_2943

46 minutes ago, buttnutdude1 said:

I currently upgraded every tool to its 2nd level and didn't even realize. Does the repair basic tool trophy stack or do I need to start over?

You should be fine I got basic tool by reading my second level shovel so I think you should be ok but how exactly have you upgraded everything but never broken the tools 5 times atleast?

1 hour ago, buttnutdude1 said:

I have no idea. I was just running around doing quests and it happened so fast I didn't even realize. I didn't think it would be possible honestly. 

I take it you wasn't running around digging holes. Chopping vines. Beating rocks or using a hot and cold rod much lol

11 hours ago, buttnutdude1 said:

Yeah I've been using then as much as I can and I haven't repaired a single one since they were upgraded. This sucks lol

......if it's the last thing you need doing you might start from scratch with the wooden tools and just go nuts do every quest that unlocks the tools then just not ever upgrade till u have broken your 150 then upgrade them once (you should have your 5 basic repairs by then long since) then just break 5 per tier to clean up the repair trophies I mean it will take a while but not really just pop in do your rounds till u can't find anything to use them on save quite return later in the day if you want if not just pop in once a day no biggy 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

So how did it go?

Honestly I've been getting sucked into so many other games. I always get these type of games thinking I'll see it to the end but something about it makes it hard to for some reason. Idk lol I'll update once I actually try

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 5:48 PM, buttnutdude1 said:

I currently upgraded every tool to its 2nd level and didn't even realize. Does the repair basic tool trophy stack or do I need to start over?

It stacks, confirmed with developer

On 6/11/2021 at 7:12 PM, Taliesin_2943 said:

......if it's the last thing you need doing you might start from scratch with the wooden tools and just go nuts do every quest that unlocks the tools then just not ever upgrade till u have broken your 150 then upgrade them once (you should have your 5 basic repairs by then long since) then just break 5 per tier to clean up the repair trophies I mean it will take a while but not really just pop in do your rounds till u can't find anything to use them on save quite return later in the day if you want if not just pop in once a day no biggy 

Avoiding upgrading might not help because as you progress, higher level resources unlock and it could reduce the availability of lower level resources over time meaning your tool might break faster but there’s less to use it on :/

• Like 1

Making a separate save for purely breaking tools worked for me, though it was miserable and not fun. Still working through a legit save to see how many days it will take to earn naturally, but I do not recommend speeding through it if you want to enjoy the game.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2021 at 6:03 AM, visighost said:

Do you know if it (and other X number of actions trophies) also stacks between playthroughs?

Oh that’s a really good question, I didn’t find out if the trophies count your actions across playthroughs. I suspect they do not though because the trophies seem to be closely tied to the badge book and how it works, and it is specific to each play through. I would be very curious though if anyone finds out and we can add this to the trophy guide. 

Ok so I was able to test the cross-save/multiple plathroughs question. I was working on Wholesaler: Elite (sell 8,000 items) and I had sold 7,976 items on one save so only needed to sell 24 more items. I created a new save slot game, gathered 27 items (a few extra just to be sure) and sold them to Mr. Kit and the trophy did NOT pop, so it would appear that trophies only look at one save slot and do not count across playthroughs. 

edit to add: I updated our trophy guide with these findings 

Edited by Tiffanniebaby

Aww. Thanks so much for checking though! Game looks great (my son’s been playing it non-stop) but the grind is scaring me…

Since the developers seem to be updating the game a lot, I’m hoping they might change the criteria on this one to make it more realistically achievable.

Edited by visighost

If it helps at all if you do the scanning activity ( I forget the name but it's the stick that looks like a Y first thing then feed glamey the last spirit fire to go to the next level up you can do another round of scanning so 6 in 1 day max instead of just 3 so that helps some and it's actually the tool that probably breaks the fastest cause it has a definite set amount per day

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, mk79797 said:

Just as an update to this, they are updating break tools trophy to be a bit easier with their autumn update. No details yet, but they confirmed it in the discord. 

Hopefully it is soon

Can you link the source I'm looking at the discord and don't see anything about tools just bunnies, cats, photography ect

Edited by Taliesin_2943